[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

Hey ABLGDayZ,

I love what you have done with the menus, however, there are some issues I want to address.

1. When a user goes into a sub category, they lose the option to toggle snap build (which could annoy some people).
  2. When the user selects a option, it brings them back to the same menu, just not the option they selected (prevents users from being able to use the option rapidly).

If you could find a way to keep the snap build toggle option on each of the sub menus and keep the option the user selected, I will definitely add it in!  :)

striker

P.S. addAction has a option hideOnUse which if set to false will keep the option the user used on the screen.

I just installed Plot For Life v2.33 with Snap Pro v1.4.1

now I would like to add your vectors and admin build. however RimBlock has updated his version  8 hours ago, maybe the modular player build. whatever that is

Turn on Snap Build Pro and the modular player build framework.  

DZE_modularBuild = true;

anyways. Im kinda afraid to add your great addition to it now that his files has changed.

could you take alook at his new version and see if there is anything  we need to add to yours...

I have your vector on my overpoch napf server and it works great. my player loves it..(yes player, singular)

however I dont use plot4life so this is not an issue.

I am starting another server and of course your vector is an essential addon.

I just installed Plot For Life v2.33 with Snap Pro v1.4.1

now I would like to add your vectors and admin build. however RimBlock has updated his version  8 hours ago, maybe the modular player build. whatever that is

Turn on Snap Build Pro and the modular player build framework.  

DZE_modularBuild = true;

anyways. Im kinda afraid to add your great addition to it now that his files has changed.

could you take alook at his new version and see if there is anything  we need to add to yours...

I have your vector on my overpoch napf server and it works great. my player loves it..(yes player, singular)

however I dont use plot4life so this is not an issue.

I am starting another server and of course your vector is an essential addon.

I have files working on his new version, however, it will be useless until epoch 1.0.5.2. Modular build will be in that update.

striker

after install, i get this in my rtp:

>
 3:11:41   Error position: <_vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>
 3:11:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle
 3:11:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 248
 3:11:41 Error in expression <imit = _random select 1;

_qty = {_x == _vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>

>
 3:11:41 Error in expression <unt serverVehicleCounter;

if (_qty <= _velimit) exitWith {};

_lastIndex = (>
 3:11:41   Error position: <_velimit) exitWith {};

_lastIndex = (>
 3:11:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _velimit
 3:11:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 251
 3:11:41 "DEBUG: unable to find suitable vehicle to spawn"

it just keeps on spamming this and when i check the line in server_function i could not find anything...

here is my server_function: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skffcioxm2y2zja/server_functions.sqf?dl=0

after install, i get this in my rtp:

>

>
 3:11:41 Error in expression <imit = _random select 1;

_qty = {_x == _vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>

>
 3:11:41 Error in expression <unt serverVehicleCounter;

if (_qty <= _velimit) exitWith {};

_lastIndex = (>
 3:11:41   Error position: <_velimit) exitWith {};

_lastIndex = (>
 3:11:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _velimit
 3:11:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 251
 3:11:41 "DEBUG: unable to find suitable vehicle to spawn"

it just keeps on spamming this and when i check the line in server_function i could not find anything...

here is my server_function: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skffcioxm2y2zja/server_functions.sqf?dl=0

That's not related to the vector build.

This can happen, when your MaxVehicleLimit Variable in init.sqf is bigger than the total number of all vehicles in AllowedVehiclesList of dynamic_vehicle.sqf.

I added 7 exceptions to prevent this errors... because it happens on different lines of the function.

I couldn't find out, why the while loop won't stop working, when the AllowedVehiclesList Array is empty and stuff like that, because there are also errors like the _lastIndex is smaller than 0, it's kind of strange...

Instead of adding tons of exceptions like me, the easier way to solve this is, put the exact number of vehicles to dynamically spawn in the MaxVehicleLimit Variable, or a smaller one.

regards

That's not related to the vector build.

This can happen, when your MaxVehicleLimit Variable in init.sqf is bigger than the total number of all vehicles in AllowedVehiclesList of dynamic_vehicle.sqf.

I added 7 exceptions to prevent this errors... because it happens on different lines of the function.

I couldn't find out, why the while loop won't stop working, when the AllowedVehiclesList Array is empty and stuff like that, because there are also errors like the _lastIndex is smaller than 0, it's kind of strange...

Instead of adding tons of exceptions like me, the easier way to solve this is, put the exact number of vehicles to dynamically spawn in the MaxVehicleLimit Variable, or a smaller one.

regards

well still... got a lot of scripts working with snap build pro, and the second i install vectors i am stuck on loading screen with 3 in the bottom right corner... i even tried to install only snapbuild pro and vectors and still stuck on the same place...

This errors shouldn't prevent you from joining.

There are a lot of posts about this stuck on loading screen bug.

What helped for me was,

Whats also important, instead of overwriting the compiled functions, like in this tutorial for the installation of vector build, where you call the normal compiles in the dayz_code first and after that your custom compiles.

You just copy the whole compiles.sqf out of the dayz_code.pbo and make your necessary changes in it and call ONLY this custom compiles in the init.sqf

regards

This errors shouldn't prevent you from joining.

There are a lot of posts about this stuck on loading screen bug.

What helped for me was,

Whats also important, instead of overwriting the compiled functions, like in this tutorial for the installation of vector build, where you call the normal compiles in the dayz_code first and after that your custom compiles.

You just copy the whole compiles.sqf out of the dayz_code.pbo and make your necessary changes in it and call ONLY this custom compiles in the init.sqf

regards

ok, i am testing the compiles thing now, but where do i place the snap_build? right now i have it at the bottom like this

initialized = true;

if (!isDedicated) then {

snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";

};

not tested yet tho

ok, i am testing the compiles thing now, but where do i place the snap_build? right now i have it at the bottom like this

initialized = true;

if (!isDedicated) then {

snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";

};

not tested yet tho

it works! FINALLY :P

Was the bug addressed for the snap points being messed up after a restart?

Just tested this on CEN's ATD servers during multiple restarts.

I turned Metal floors into walls and then after the restart I went to snap another wall to the end and it would only snap it at a fixed angle.  Maybe like 25-30 degrees off.  No matter how i rotated it - it was off.

Is there a fix?

Sorry to ask again, but is there a way to integrate this with Plot For Life v2.33 and Snap 1.41 (The dual download one).  I have these working well, along with a merged coin system.  

Is there a step by step guide to install vectors, or possibly a way to merge everything together?

Ill probably release a step by step guide soon. That way it will be easy to integrate and update without being depended on the other mods.

striker

Can anyone help me with my build so that it works with snap build and the indestructable building 1.0.5.1 script right now what works is snap building and indestructable but when i add indestructable vectors stop working, here is my files: https://mega.co.nz/#!z19hWZJR!8uyJjeBxJg2Ix3emxoRiTbuN5BQyDO2O3MywVZQ_Jz0

EDIT: if your feeling really nice I would also appreciate it if someone could help me add Plot4Life to the mix and have it all working!

Edit  2: if you come on my server I will demonstrate my problem to  you: 198.154.118.40:6302

I made an adjustment to the snapping points, on the old Snap Building you could snap the top of a metal panel to the bottom of another one if you wanted to make a metal panel wall, it was missing from the snap points so here it is.

class MetalPanel_DZ {
snapTo[] = {
"MetalPanel_DZ"
};
radius = 5;
points[] = {
{0,0,0,"Pivot"},
{-1.5,0,0,"Left"},
{1.5,0,0,"Right"},
{0,0,1.699695,"Top"},
{0,0,-2.69939,"Bottom"}
};
};

have installed this mod several times and back dated the server every time for clean installs and get the same problem every install. When you press the space bar to build it , it cancels instead cant figure it out any help would be much appreciated.  

Sounds like an error in your player_build.sqf or a missing definition of a variable somewhere that is used in player_build.sqf. I have had the exact same issue and only was able to solve it by starting with a default player_build.sqf from the SnapBuildPro mode then adding in the additional changes I was running selectively using DiffMerg. I suggest you start by making sure you are only compiling the player_build.sqf that comes with the mod.