Question

MAIN CONTROLS

(Controls > Common > Inventory) Default A3 is I key

Used to loot trash piles and crates found in the world
Clean and skin animals. 

(Controls > Common > Inventory) Default A3 is I key
Default interact for vehicles,traders, player trading. and inventory option

T
Accepts the last player to player trade request.

CTRL + T
Send player to player trade request to the player you are looking at.

H
Holster/Un-holster weapon 

Double left click (Item in inventory)
Use item from inventory, enter crating menu, sell/buy items from trader

BASE BUILDING

CTRL (Controls > Common > Inventory) Default A3 is I key
Upgrade in place while looking at the object.

Enable/Disable Snap assisted build mode.

Enable/Disable free-form build mode.

Spacebar
Pick up building piece.

Change direction when using snap assisted mode.

Finalize Build (Places Item)
Used when you double click on on item in inventory and choose to BUILD

ESC
Cancel Build (Doesn't build the item)
Used when you double click on on item in inventory and choose to BUILD

Q and E
Allows free-form rotate from 0 - 360

Ins and Del 
Move the object left to right

Home and End 
Move the object forward to Back

PageUp and PageDown 
Move the object up to down

MISC

~
Debug Console

CTRL (Controls > Infantry Movement > Salute) Default key is \
The one finger salute

CTRL + ( - or + )
On the fly volume controls 

Did not really know where to put this, but anyways..
I have assigned the "F" key for both first and Third person view, however, sometimes when going from first person (With gun i hands) to Third person,
it zooms out to about 10x the Original Third person view, making it kinda look like an old gta Version. (birdview)
And you can see everything around you, example, if this happens while looting a house, i can see the outside suroundings of the house, but not the inside.
To see the inside i have too go back to first person mode. Is this a bug perhaps, or did i accidentally double tap a key i shouldn't have?
it's really annoying when this happens, because i cant steer the view With the mouse wich makes me vulnerable to attacks Thx for feedbacks.

Cannot interact with any traders using double left click. Am i doing it wrong?

You need to press I to go into the trader shop, get right in the traders face, got 1st person, look at their face and press I.

Then double click the items to move them into the middle menu's then click trade :)

How can i activate Night Vision in Epoch?

I have one in the right item slot.

My arma 3 Key is "N".

But when i push "N" in epoch, nothing happens.

In arma 3 it works?!

Do you have any energy?

You can check by opening your inventory, its shown on the lower left corner of your screen below the kryptos (money) indicator.

You need energy to activate night vision.

You can get energy both by double clicking on an energy pack and then click on use or by staying in a vehicle with engine on.

Is there any way to customize these keys? I rearrange everything and always have and "T" is currently assigned to reloading. I tend to use "esdf" instead of "wasd". I mean I can unbind that key from Reload(which is what I've been using in ARMA and move it on my keypad, but switching to a different key would be easier. Is it set up as one of the custom keys and if so what is what?

@Mercules:  Know this is old, but good to know I'm not the only anomaly to remap standard movement keys.  I'm also ESDF, heh.  One of the challenges I noticed by doing this, your "E" key will be bound to the 'rotate' function when building.  I just end up using the arrow keys for movement during building.

I've left T and H as they are, originally had H mapped to throw so I wasn't dropping nades at my friends or self.  I've since moved it to J as I don't need a diary function in game.  Be a nice feature if we can change or remap some of the hard coded functions to the Custom config slots, not really a major issue though.  (Edit: Read earlier post about upcoming change to bound keys - kicks self)

I'm using Arma 2 controls and T should throw a grenade, shift-T should cycle through grenades. But these keys don't work at all. Only thing that happens when I press shift-T is that I somehow can't jog anymore, only sprint and walk, but I can't say for sure if that behavior is related.

Is T still a default key for thrashing stuff? Because I can only do that with the G key (open gear). Also sometimes thrashing stuff does not work correctly, instead the inventory opens and I have to close it and hit G again to thrash stuff. OK it's somewhat realistic, mashing buttons is equivalent to thrashing garbage heaps :rolleyes:

Would be great if "home" and "end" keys function properly again. The distance that you begin with when you pick up building parts is not safe. Before 0.2 i was holding home button when picking up so it wouldn't kill me, now it's pointless because max distance that you can move object from yourself seems to be lowered.

You will be able to change this and all keys in the 0.2 patch. We have it already setup backend wise just need to make the UI for changing them.

Thanks dev team for working on this. I remap all my keys using 'tfgh' for movement, so I was handicapped when having to switch back to the default layout to try the new Epoch.

Is the Epoch controls UI implemented now, with 0.2.0.1? If so, where might I locate these settings so I can change them to better fit my custom keymapping?

If the UI is not available yet, is there an alternate way I could change the Epoch keymaps?

Thanks dev team for working on this. I remap all my keys using 'tfgh' for movement, so I was handicapped when having to switch back to the default layout to try the new Epoch.

Is the Epoch controls UI implemented now, with 0.2.0.1? If so, where might I locate these settings so I can change them to better fit my custom keymapping?

If the UI is not available yet, is there an alternate way I could change the Epoch keymaps?

Autohotkey (program)

So i remapped the Inventory key but trash doesn't work with that new key. So does that mean it is hard mapped to I and I only?

I had a similar issue, used autohotkey though, and after a while, it started working. I guess I should've double-tapped the inventory key (now bound to tilde, while debug bound to i) faster.

Submerged, thanks for the suggestion! I looked into autohotkey, and while I'm sure I could make it work, I'd rather not have to map my A3 keybinds outside of the game. Will there be a selection menu added to the in-game control settings that will allow remapping of the default controls unique to Epoch? Or does Epoch use keybinds set to other control functions within Arma 3? Just trying to make sure I understand this better :)