Edit Napf offline?

cring0

Question

I'm trying to load up Napf and Epoch items in the Arma editor without first logging on to an Epoch server.  I wanted to simply add launch parameters to a OA executable shortcut that I have on my desktop, but nothing I've tried seems to work.  I'm sure most people that edit here don't go through the process of logging in to a server and backing out to get to the editor..  Any help would be appreciated since my ISP is a POS and I'm only able to connect to the internet about 25% of the time. :_:

The closest thing I've found is where someone suggested launching the beta.. but that didn't work.

9 answers to this question

OH! >_> It's because I've been using DayZ Launcher and for God knows what reason he had the directory name changed to include the version number. I was still using @DayZ_Epoch in the parameters.

So.. I used this in the OA executable properties: "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -mod=@DayZ_Epoch1051 -window -nosplash

I get Napf in the editor menu now, however I get multiple random errors that certain things failed to load and when I pull up saved missions there's certain things missing like.. I think all the EU stuff.  Oh, and like all of the buildings that are pre-existing on the Napf map.. aren't there.. I'm not sure how that's possible?

When I first start it up an error pops up and says ADDON SAUERLAND REQUIRES ADDON CHERNARUS.

Thank you!!  Pretty sure I tried this before and for some reason it wasn't giving me the option to enable it.  Must have been doing it from a different approach.

There isn't a way to do the same thing just by altering the launch properties for the executable?  Not that that's hard to do, just a bunch of steps that one might think would be unnecessary.  Seems like it should be a lot more simple.  But then, it is Arma.. and I don't really know what I'm doing. XD  

That Sauerland error hit me and I ended up having to copy the addons folder from Arma 2 into my Arma 2 OA folder to fix it.

Oh, look, everything is under the Arma 2 directory.  There must be a call that's made when you launch Epoch that looks there and when you simply load the Epoch directory that call isn't made, I'm guessing.  I went to edit it again by launching AO and Epoch was already enabled and started throwing these errors.  I had to disable it, restart it, enable it, restart it, and then it worked.  So yeah, I'll try this out.

EDIT: Yeah, moving addons to AO seems to work, thanks!

Uh.. so, it doesn't throw any errors, and I'm able to load Napf, and most things load in except for some Epoch items like cinder walls etc.  The section "objects(fortifications)" is there, but not all of the objects are listed under it, and there are some other sections that are different from when you load up the editor after joining an Epoch server.

EDIT: Yeah, I still had to disable Epoch, restart, enable it again, restart again, and then everything was loading correctly.

>_>

You can also use Jon-C5- Editor Update

Yeah, pretty sure I had that loaded too, I don't think it includes the Epoch stuff though.

Just had a look, and tested it with new launch paramaters.

BTW: It still works The method above :/

Just launch like the following, just change were your arma installed if its different.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion;@DayZ_Epoch;" -nosplash -emptyworld

This will take you to the epoch multiplayer menu

then hit ALT + E and away you go

BAM that worked.