[Release] Mining 1.2 Updated 08/06/2014

no... i tested it on 3 different servers. when you get 20 items in your combined inventory it stops and says inventory full... every time... maybe your getting confused with the double loop. one is the mining loop and a nested loop is the animation loop.... the nested animation loop runs 10 loops of swinging animation then proceeds tot he rest of the while ismining loop and starts all over again.

well isnt working for me, but I will check it some more :S

It seems that if you enter the area without having your sledge equipped then u need to leave it again and reenter it having it eqquipped to get the scroll option.. if u can confirm that, it could need some tweeks since it confuses players

We were unable to duplicate the infinite mining without exploiting a few things in this mod. We also had a few players miss the cuttext because they were used to ignoring those when not out doing missions. Kilrath, I sent you another message with a few more changes to address some things we found trying to exploit your mod. As always, if I'm stepping on your toes, let me know:)

Version 1.2 Uploaded. Just copy over your mining\init.sqf and mining\start.sqf

Changes listed on main post. Thanks hogscraper for most of the good updates. Unless something exploitable is found and fixed this will be my last release on this. It seems to function as intended. If people want to post how they used and modified it for others feel free.

Version 1.2 Uploaded. Just copy over your mining\init.sqf and mining\start.sqf

Changes listed on main post. Thanks hogscraper for most of the good updates. Unless something exploitable is found and fixed this will be my last release on this. It seems to function as intended. If people want to post how they used and modified it for others feel free.

since the new update 1.2 its bugged

sometimes it works but not always

look at the Image link

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39723915205101316/3C77F2EF2991EA7325AC0582FF67056325FAD504/

I tried to add a check for what you're looking at the other day and had to abandon that idea as there were just a few spots you can look at that will actually work. Sometimes backing up and looking towards the top worked, sometimes it didn't. Since Kilrath said that was his last update, go into start.sqf and delete that section:

if (!(_cursorTarget isKindOf "MAP_R2_RockTower")) exitWith {
isMining = false;
systemChat("Must look at what your Mining.");
};

If I can find a better fix I will post it as a reply here.

i found that lookat a the rock thing works fine after a few seconds. I would log in and try it and it would keep saying you have to looka t what your mining but then after looking at it for about 30 seconds it would let me mine and look around (just not away from teh rock) and work fine.

as hogscraper says you can delete that section and all will be well for you, however people will be able to spin around and check their surroundings.

Removed the cursor check from the pack. Apparently even though it was working great for me, others on my server couldnt get it to work at all.

Hey man great script and like the idea. Quick question, is there a way to make the nodes only spawn in when you reach X amount of players? If there is only a few players on you could just sit there for long periods of time and farm ore's. I appreciate any help or information thanks and cheers!

Of course there is. remove them from the area file and im sure you can write a script to tell when a certain amount of players are online and have the script create the beltbuckle and the rocktower either in predefined spaces or randomly around the map... i dont want to code it for you but it is very possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for this great script. Ive running it on my server and it is really great.

Got one serious problem. Dont know it is only on my server.

Description:

If you run around the stone and use your scrollbar to start mining, it says in the chat „mining started“ and „Mining cycle cancelled“. When you do that 5 times in a row you will get 5 „start mining“ options in your scrollbar while standing still in front o fit. While mining, you can click on every 5 options to start the cycle 5 times at a time while doing one cycle.

Can someone confirm that kind of bug?

Here a video from my Server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4CTGL1IDA

• 3 weeks later...

With the ore. To Avoid a smelting conundrum Add them to your traders

class Category_901 {
class PartOreGold { type = "trade_items"; buy[] = {400,"Coins"}; sell[] = {200,"Coins"};};
class PartOreSilver { type = "trade_items"; buy[] = {300,"Coins"}; sell[] = {150,"Coins"};};
class PartOre { type = "trade_items"; buy[] = {200,"Coins"}; sell[] = {100,"Coins"};};
};

Then Add

,["Ore",901]

to the traders of your choice.

Also just like to thank you again for this script.

I've tweaked it for my own server to run

- Normal mines

- Cinder Mines

- Weed Farms

- Metal farms.

Really nifty little script

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...