Installing OverPoch Taviana - Vert Hosting

cm_red000

Question

I recently switched from ViLayer to Vert Hosting, and so the file structure here is a little foreign to me. I'm set up with Epoch Chernarus, but would like to switch to Taviana, ... previously (on ViLayer) my missions folder had the "overpoch_tavi" folder and a "missions" folder -- where my mission files were. On Vert I just have "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus."

Is it safe to switch to Tavi the same way as previously? Or does the process differ depending on your host?

7 answers to this question

Thanks, I will try that... unfortunately in the meantime it seems I've got bigger issues lol.

Out of the box I can't seem to get the server to run. When I try to start it up, it looks like it's running, but I can't connect to it, and DayZCP is saying it's offline. I can't even get the name to update despite having changed it in the config file. 

Are there additional steps I'm supposed to take on vert to get the server up? 

Host fixed the original issue, was able to access server files and everything appeared to be working as it should, but I'm now having issues getting Overpoch set up. 

I (mostly) followed this tutorial  of the steps were a little different due to the host) but I have installed: 

@ DayZ_Epoch
@ DayZ_Epoch_Server
@ DayzOverwatch
@ Taviana

I added the overwatch key to my keys folder, I copied the "dayz_code" and copied and renamed "dayz_code.pbo.dayz_epoch1051" to "dayz_code.pbo.overwatch" and placed them in my "@DayzOverwatch\addons" folder.

I have the "-mod=@Taviana;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" in my cmd line, put the addons in my mission.sqm...

addOns[]=

{
"tavi",
"kh_dayztaviana",
"ca_modules_animals",
"dayz_anim",
"dayz_code",
"dayz_communityassets",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_epoch",
"dayz_vehicles",
"cacharacters_pmc",
"ca_modules_functions",
"glt_m300t",
"pook_h13",
"csj_gyroac",
"map_eu",
"jetskiyanahuiaddon"
"mbg_buildings_3",
"mbg_killhouses",
"aif_arma1buildings",
"mbg_african_buildings",
"gms_k98",
"RH_m14",
"FHQ_Remington",
"FHQ_Remington_ammo",
"FHQ_Remington_msr",
"FHQ_Remington_xm2010",
"FHQ_Remington_acr",
"FHQ_Remington_rsass",
"VILAS_WWP",
"VILAS_RW_Forces",
"VILAS_WWP_CO",
"VILAS_RW_Forces_CO",
"ddopp_taserpack",
"smk_anims_lite",
"MicroAirVehicles",
"oz_is_objects",
"monaro",
"gsc_units_stalker_patch",
"american_law_enforcement",
"CYBP_Camels_Config",
"nissan_350z",
"ussr_cheytac",
"bb_mercenary",
"goosuksf",
"frb"
};

... add the "#include "custom\loot\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"" to the top of my description file, added:

(Tried various folder structures per various tutorials; "customloot"; "custom\loot"; etc.)

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

DZE_customloot = true;

(Tried with both of those, and also with just the "MissionLootTable")

... to my init file, downloaded and added the custom loot files ("CfgBuildingLoot"; "CfgLoot"; and "CfgLootSmall"), but no matter what I do it just hangs indefinitely on the waiting for host screen. 

Post-Edit: Rolling back to before I attempted editing the loot spawns and whatall, Overpoch is working. I can join, and if I spawn in a test crate, it contains Overwatch weapons.  Obviously something is going wrong on the loot config stuff, I assume because I have to do something different relative to Taviana specifically?  

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Host fixed the original issue, was able to access server files and everything appeared to be working as it should, but I'm now having issues getting Overpoch set up. 

I (mostly) followed this tutorial  of the steps were a little different due to the host) but I have installed: 

@ DayZ_Epoch

@ DayZ_Epoch_Server

@ DayzOverwatch

@ Taviana

I added the overwatch key to my keys folder, I copied the "dayz_code" and copied and renamed "dayz_code.pbo.dayz_epoch1051" to "dayz_code.pbo.overwatch" and placed them in my "@DayzOverwatch\addons" folder.

I have the "-mod=@Taviana;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" in my cmd line, put the addons in my mission.sqm...

addOns[]=

{

"tavi",

"kh_dayztaviana",

"ca_modules_animals",

"dayz_anim",

"dayz_code",

"dayz_communityassets",

"dayz_weapons",

"dayz_equip",

"dayz_epoch",

"dayz_vehicles",

"cacharacters_pmc",

"ca_modules_functions",

"glt_m300t",

"pook_h13",

"csj_gyroac",

"map_eu",

"jetskiyanahuiaddon"

"mbg_buildings_3",

"mbg_killhouses",

"aif_arma1buildings",

"mbg_african_buildings",

"gms_k98",

"RH_m14",

"FHQ_Remington",

"FHQ_Remington_ammo",

"FHQ_Remington_msr",

"FHQ_Remington_xm2010",

"FHQ_Remington_acr",

"FHQ_Remington_rsass",

"VILAS_WWP",

"VILAS_RW_Forces",

"VILAS_WWP_CO",

"VILAS_RW_Forces_CO",

"ddopp_taserpack",

"smk_anims_lite",

"MicroAirVehicles",

"oz_is_objects",

"monaro",

"gsc_units_stalker_patch",

"american_law_enforcement",

"CYBP_Camels_Config",

"nissan_350z",

"ussr_cheytac",

"bb_mercenary",

"goosuksf",

"frb"

};

... add the "#include "custom\loot\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"" to the top of my description file, added:

(Tried various folder structures per various tutorials; "customloot"; "custom\loot"; etc.)

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

DZE_customloot = true;

(Tried with both of those, and also with just the "MissionLootTable")

... to my init file, downloaded and added the custom loot files ("CfgBuildingLoot"; "CfgLoot"; and "CfgLootSmall"), but no matter what I do it just hangs indefinitely on the waiting for host screen. 

Post-Edit: Rolling back to before I attempted editing the loot spawns and whatall, Overpoch is working. I can join, and if I spawn in a test crate, it contains Overwatch weapons.  Obviously something is going wrong on the loot config stuff, I assume because I have to do something different relative to Taviana specifically?  

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

that loot table doesnt work for 1.0.5.1. the update changed the loot tables to recognize list format vs long format. it much easier to edit as well!!! use this http://gtxgaming.co.uk/forum/blogs/custom-guides-tips/2646-custom-loot-for-epoch-1-0-5-1-overpoch