7/31 Testing Feedback (solo play)

orangesherbet

Never did meet up with the other testers that were in the server with me but here is my thoughts (without consideration for how things may work in the future, just with the current build)

• It seems that the fatigue system works a bit differently now: pausing just very briefly seemed to reset my fatigue and I began to regain stamina.  I don't know what the solution to the states of motion: normal, fatigued, and tired(slow) but it seems unnatural to me not sure but it just feels weird. I know players "expect" to run forever but im not sure what to say. I like the drink idea to boost though
  • Smashing all of the trash piles at the dump (40+) spawned no AI, nor did any of my looting over the course of 3 hours. Only encounter I had was with a random heli flying overhead
  • Civilian vehicles damage extremely easy, yet slightly armored or heavily armored vehicles knock down fences / small objects with ease, this is a bummer for anyone trying to go offroad w/ a civ transport.
  • The toolkit only seems to fit in a backpack? Maybe this is due to the amount of slots it takes perhaps but it would not go in a vest either and if you are new player you would want this to fit in the default clothing perhaps. Does this have limited uses or does not work when vehicle is damaged a certain % ? the vehicle I was in was orange for 3/4 of the parts and I could not repair w/ toolkit even when dropping toolkit but did not try re-logging I guess
  • Kensen had mentioned to me that the Lynx did not fit in the carryall backpack- are weapons going to be taking up the same amount of slots eventually? ex. DayZ pistol=5 primary=10 perhaps some weapons should not go in a backpack at all
  • the new furniture is awesome. seriously- the experience of looting and discovering all these pieces is going to to be GREAT for new players, as well as discovering the crafting / how to build. It's going to spark up a lot of conversation for those who have not seen any of this before. "Bro I was in Orekastro and the loot was INSANE thats where Im going next time" lol
  • Base building is working pretty well, although I think the physics of the pieces is going to cause some problems perhaps if they become unstable due to terrain and other factors- based on my own experience and what I have heard, getting one-shotted by a "rogue" piece of floor/wall could be a hilarious yet unfortunate circumstance
  • The server ran very stable for me the whole time I was in (25 or so players) no red/yellow chains and my FPS stayed fairly stable but I think I noticed a slight dip whilst I was smashing crazy amounts of trash piles in a row.

The test times are pretty late for people in the EU, a lot of us have jobs to go to in the morning and 11pm (UK Time) tests where you end up playing till 1am is a killer when staged outside of a Fri/Sat night.

If possible could we pull the testing times back an hour earlier?  I don't know how this will effect the guys on the other side of the pond, especially the people who are west coast USA.

The test times are pretty late for people in the EU, a lot of us have jobs to go to in the morning and 11pm (UK Time) tests where you end up playing till 1am is a killer when staged outside of a Fri/Sat night.

If possible could we pull the testing times back an hour earlier?  I don't know how this will effect the guys on the other side of the pond, especially the people who are west coast USA.

We are going to start giving out more whitelist keys as we really need to have some sort of server population for more than just a few hours. Believe it or not we are almost to 0.1

Never did meet up with the other testers that were in the server with me but here is my thoughts (without consideration for how things may work in the future, just with the current build)

• It seems that the fatigue system works a bit differently now: pausing just very briefly seemed to reset my fatigue and I began to regain stamina.  I don't know what the solution to the states of motion: normal, fatigued, and tired(slow) but it seems unnatural to me not sure but it just feels weird. I know players "expect" to run forever but im not sure what to say. I like the drink idea to boost though
  • Smashing all of the trash piles at the dump (40+) spawned no AI, nor did any of my looting over the course of 3 hours. Only encounter I had was with a random heli flying overhead
  • Civilian vehicles damage extremely easy, yet slightly armored or heavily armored vehicles knock down fences / small objects with ease, this is a bummer for anyone trying to go offroad w/ a civ transport.
  • The toolkit only seems to fit in a backpack? Maybe this is due to the amount of slots it takes perhaps but it would not go in a vest either and if you are new player you would want this to fit in the default clothing perhaps. Does this have limited uses or does not work when vehicle is damaged a certain % ? the vehicle I was in was orange for 3/4 of the parts and I could not repair w/ toolkit even when dropping toolkit but did not try re-logging I guess
  • Kensen had mentioned to me that the Lynx did not fit in the carryall backpack- are weapons going to be taking up the same amount of slots eventually? ex. DayZ pistol=5 primary=10 perhaps some weapons should not go in a backpack at all
  • the new furniture is awesome. seriously- the experience of looting and discovering all these pieces is going to to be GREAT for new players, as well as discovering the crafting / how to build. It's going to spark up a lot of conversation for those who have not seen any of this before. "Bro I was in Orekastro and the loot was INSANE thats where Im going next time" lol
  • Base building is working pretty well, although I think the physics of the pieces is going to cause some problems perhaps if they become unstable due to terrain and other factors- based on my own experience and what I have heard, getting one-shotted by a "rogue" piece of floor/wall could be a hilarious yet unfortunate circumstance
  • The server ran very stable for me the whole time I was in (25 or so players) no red/yellow chains and my FPS stayed fairly stable but I think I noticed a slight dip whilst I was smashing crazy amounts of trash piles in a row.

• Fixed stamina regenerating before fatigue reached 0.
  • ToolKit maybe removed in favor of a one time use item.
  • Just made a change that will allow long rifles to be able to be stored in a backpack.