LOGISTIC - TOW / LIFT

Hi,

your are a bit unhappy with the  "R3F_ARTY_LOG"  from  "madbull ~R3F~",  because it is not made for DayZ/Epoch..?

No problem here is my reworked version of  "madbull ~R3F~" script..

WHAT I DID?

- cleaned up,  no more 100 of sqf files 

- one config file

- the vehicle position is now saving to the db

- no glitch through buildings, when you drop a lifted vehicle

- only tow and lift

- and some little things

1.)   Dowload

2.)  unpack  "logistic.zip" and copy the "logistic" folder to your "/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch.Map" folder.

3.)  open the "init.sqf" in your mission folder and add following on the top, after:   call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";

( optional ) if you have a "custom" compiles.sqf, you can put it there instead.

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "logistic\init.sqf";

enjoy  &&  have fun ;)

**** LOGISTIC - TOW / LIFT ****

by Nightmare @ n8m4re.de

Based on  R3F_ARTY_LOG by  "madbull ~R3F~" @ www.team-r3f.org

A SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO

*** SKARONATOR @ http://skaronator.com   for helping me out with the hive write

*** Jeff @ http://casual.fr   french translation

*** Blite - German Translation reworked
 *** Anarior - Tow reworked   

A minor issue, when attaching a land vehicle to another land vehicle sometimes your character is about waist deep into the ground.

Also I had to add a few public variable exceptions to the BattleEye filters to keep from getting kicked.

Thanks for your efforts, so far I am liking the slimmer logistic. :)

A minor issue, when attaching a land vehicle to another land vehicle sometimes your character is about waist deep into the ground.

Also I had to add a few public variable exceptions to the BattleEye filters to keep from getting kicked.

Thanks for your efforts, so far I am liking the slimmer logistic. :)

thx for your feedback ...

thx for your feedback ...

Any time. :)

One more thing I have notice, have not tested with land vehicles yet, but when towing an aircraft (in my case a C130) to a HMMWV, it was about 5m off the ground. This is not unusual, but generally when un-towing an item it drops back to the ground. In my case it did not.

Again, so far I am loving it! :)

Any time. :)

One more thing I have notice, have not tested with land vehicles yet, but when towing an aircraft (in my case a C130) to a HMMWV, it was about 5m off the ground. This is not unusual, but generally when un-towing an item it drops back to the ground. In my case it did not.

Again, so far I am loving it! :)

which map ? 

Other odd bounding box issues. 

UAZ's appear 5m or so above the towing vehicle.

HMMWV's appear 2-3m in the ground.

Also is there a way to prevent chain towing, one towed vehicle to another to another, etc.?

Great work man! I like it. I had to modify a few things though:

- vehicles that are locked should not be towable or liftable:
LOG_OBJECT_TRAILER_VALID I added !(locked _object_pointe)

LOG_OBJECT_TRAILER_VALID = (vehicle player == player && (alive _object_pointe) && (count crew _object_pointe == 0) &&
    isNull LOG_OBJECT_MOVES && isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") &&
    (isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") || (!alive (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by"))) &&
    !(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled") && !(locked _object_pointe));

LOG_HELI_LIFT_VALID I added !(locked _x) in the count

LOG_HELI_LIFT_VALID = (driver LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION == player &&
	({_x != LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION && !(_x getVariable "LOG_disabled") && !(locked _x)} count (nearestObjects [LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION, LOG_CFG_ISLIFTABLE, 10]) > 0) &&
	isNull (LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION getVariable "LOG_heliporte") && ([0,0,0] distance velocity LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION < 8 ) && (getPos LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION select 2 > 1) &&
	!(LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

- Dayz HUD dissapeared when displaying message(cutText):
I had to remove the _id in the cutText in SAM_SAYS. Now it's cutText [_message....
(maybe it's the infistar antihack that is causing this or on a spesific layer it removes the HUD.)

- To not allow chaining:

Added: isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") &&
LOG_OBJECT_TRAILER_VALID = (vehicle player == player && (alive _object_pointe) && (count crew _object_pointe == 0) &&
	isNull LOG_OBJECT_MOVES && isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") &&
	(isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") || (!alive (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by"))) &&
	isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") &&
	!(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

Added: (isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") || (!alive (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by"))) &&

LOG_TRAILER_SELECT_VALID = (vehicle player == player && (alive _object_pointe) && (isNull LOG_OBJECT_MOVES) &&
		(!isNull LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION) && (LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION != _object_pointe) &&
		!(LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION getVariable "LOG_disabled") &&
		({LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION isKindOf _x} count LOG_CFG_ISTOWABLE > 0) &&
		isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") && ([0,0,0] distance velocity _object_pointe < 6) &&
		(getPos _object_pointe select 2 < 2) && !(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

I also get the floating UAZ as mentioned earlier by Cinjun

This is the first L&T script I have installed.

Followed the original post for install and it doesn't work. I have no server errors or reports, the server runs fine and for all intents and purposes your L&T is working, but nothing shows up in the scroll menu.

I'm 99.9% sure the problem is a user error on my part and is probably something small, but we learn through out mistakes.

I have Overpoch Napf on Vilayer, all up to date and below is what I did:

- Unpacked and moved Logistics folder to missions

- Added the appropriate line to init.sqf

- Saved the info

- Restarted the server

- Checked logs for errors (no errors)

- Went in game and saw there was no T&L, verified other players couldn't use T&L

- Checked error logs again, still no errors (that I cold see anyway)

- One player mentioned altering the server_publishVehicle2.sqf, but wasn't sure, so I wrote this post for some assistance.

Thanks for the help.

Great work man! I like it. I had to modify a few things though:

- vehicles that are locked should not be towable or liftable:

LOG_OBJECT_TRAILER_VALID I added !(locked _object_pointe)

!(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled") && !(locked _object_pointe));

LOG_HELI_LIFT_VALID I added !(locked _x) in the count

LOG_HELI_LIFT_VALID = (driver LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION == player &&
	({_x != LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION && !(_x getVariable "LOG_disabled") && !(locked _x)} count (nearestObjects [LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION, LOG_CFG_ISLIFTABLE, 10]) > 0) &&
	isNull (LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION getVariable "LOG_heliporte") && ([0,0,0] distance velocity LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION < 8 ) && (getPos LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION select 2 > 1) &&
	!(LOG_OBJECT_ADDACTION getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

- Dayz HUD dissapeared when displaying message(cutText):

I had to remove the _id in the cutText in SAM_SAYS. Now it's cutText [_message....

(maybe it's the infistar antihack that is causing this or on a spesific layer it removes the HUD.)

- To not allow chaining:

Added: isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") &&

isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") &&
	!(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

Added: (isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by") || (!alive (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_moves_by"))) &&

LOG_TRAILER_SELECT_VALID = (vehicle player == player && (alive _object_pointe) && (isNull LOG_OBJECT_MOVES) &&
		(!isNull LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION) && (LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION != _object_pointe) &&
		!(LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION getVariable "LOG_disabled") &&
		({LOG_OBJECT_SELECTION isKindOf _x} count LOG_CFG_ISTOWABLE > 0) &&
		isNull (_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_trailer") && ([0,0,0] distance velocity _object_pointe < 6) &&
		(getPos _object_pointe select 2 < 2) && !(_object_pointe getVariable "LOG_disabled"));

I also get the floating UAZ as mentioned earlier by Cinjun

nice idea! i will add this by default ( maybe with a option in config for active /deactive )

This is the first L&T script I have installed.

Followed the original post for install and it doesn't work. I have no server errors or reports, the server runs fine and for all intents and purposes your L&T is working, but nothing shows up in the scroll menu.

I'm 99.9% sure the problem is a user error on my part and is probably something small, but we learn through out mistakes.

I have Overpoch Napf on Vilayer, all up to date and below is what I did:

- Unpacked and moved Logistics folder to missions

- Added the appropriate line to init.sqf

- Saved the info

- Restarted the server

- Checked logs for errors (no errors)

- Went in game and saw there was no T&L, verified other players couldn't use T&L

- Checked error logs again, still no errors (that I cold see anyway)

- One player mentioned altering the server_publishVehicle2.sqf, but wasn't sure, so I wrote this post for some assistance.

Thanks for the help.

You should not have to alter server_publishVehicle2.sqf.

It's pretty simple to install and it sounds like you have done it correctly. Sounds like you and Krusty McNugget might be having the same problem. Are you running standard Epoch or Overpoch? Which map? Did you make any edits to the config.sqf in the logistic folder?

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "logistic\init.sqf";				//Nightmares R3F Tow & Lift Update

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

My host is Vilayer and I am running Overpoch Napf.

I don't get stuck at all, the game loads with absolutely no errors pertaining to this (assuming I have access to all the error reporting through Vilayer) and is playable. I have done 3 server restarts and the Logistics L&T has not affected the game or gameplay, other than not showing up in the scroll menu.

I made no edits or changes to anything; just followed the install instructions, which was incredibly easy.

The only thing that was different was in the above, there is a "processLoadingScreen" for the other compiles that I did not include (wasn't sure if I needed to) and I added the //Nightmares... Those are the only 2 things that are different.

I also have infiSTAR AH running, but there seems to be no conflict there either.

I'm not sure if you have experience with Vilayer, but they have most, if not all, of the files unpacked and available for manipulation via the control panel.

Here were the steps in my process

Went to vilayercodecustom -->  missions --> overpoch.napf --> added the logistics folder here --> then went down to the init.sqf in the overpoch.naph --> added the required compile -->saved and restarted the server --> checked for errors in the logs --> went into server to test it --> didn't get an option to lift or tow and couldn't find anything in the scroll menu --> logged out and rechecked for errors.

Both Krusty and I have the same versions of everything, so it could be overpoch related, but I don't know enough to even speculate. 

All right.. :) so, a new day arrived and with it a fresh set of eyes! :) So i just revisited this and relized that the "Server not getting past load screen" was enterly my fault.. Ive got several scripts in a "custom" folder in my mpmission folder, since im running on a dedicated server there is no mission pbo.. As soon as i moved the logistics folder out of the mpmissions\custom\logistic and into mpmissions\logistic server loads up without a problem.. So far so good. 

My troubles where not over after figuring that out however.. my admintools was not loading.. So by trial and error ive found out that i have to load admin tools before loading logistics this gives me both towing and admintools \o/ as a result i now load towing from the bottom of my init.sqf after most other scripts have loaded. 

BUT! chaintowing true or false does nothing... im able to chain tow no matter what its set to.. So i figured it might have somthing to do with where i was loading logistics from, to test this i moved the logisics call compile line back to where it is suppose to go, but chaintowing is still possible.. And my oh my,my admin tools load even with this, not sure what changed, or if just fucked up when i first tried to load it under server_traders.sqf...

Seeing as ive never liked having all vehicels being able to tow everything i just "fixed" the chaintow by only having a select few cars being able to tow, sure, this will still give users the ablity to chaintow the select few vehicles, but it wont be as obvisous that chaintowing is possible. 

Also, not a big thing at all, but figured it bring it to your attention.. :) Armored SUV is hovering 20cm above the ground when towed, See: http://i.imgur.com/zaNsbFP.png

In any case, i can now report that this script is loading and seems to be working mostly as intended. :) Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of us! 

Edit: and yes, i did re-download after the update was made today. :) 

#updated

added two config settings:

LOG_CFG_ALLOW_LOCKED = false; /*  allow to transport locked vehicles */

LOG_CFG_ALLOW_CHAINING = false; /* allow chain towing  */

very good job, the locked vehicle can not be towed but they can be lifted? i have tested with CH53 and SUV locked

The dude im building the server with and i just did some further testing, and we found out that glitching through buildings is still possible.. atleast i think thats what you mean by glithcing through buildings.. 

First test was with a car towing a car, he was able to get in the car being tow'ed and i could back up to a building and he got out inside the building. 

Next test was with a chopper, i can confirm that it cannot lift locked cars, however i am able to get into a car thats being lifted by a chopper and i can sit there while being flown around honking the horn.