Advanced Alchemical Crafting v3.3

As I mentioned in my last post, you don't have the variables in your custom variables.sqf that you need.

Have you verified that all of the changes you needed to make are still there for my mod? 

Just download the mod again, open my variables.sqf and insert everything in that file into your new one.

As I mentioned in my last post, you don't have the variables in your custom variables.sqf that you need.

Just download the mod again, open my variables.sqf and insert everything in that file into your new one.

Do you mean the "custom\Buildables\variables.sqf"?

AAC works fine until I enable the custom variables.sqf I made for the clothing script.

Do you think the custom variables used for clothing script is overriding the building variables?

I mean I didn't remove anything from AAC. Its all there.

Here's what I have in init.sqf:

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\Buildables\variables.sqf";

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";

progressLoadingScreen 0.1;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers

progressLoadingScreen 0.2;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\Buildables\Crafting_Compiles.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions

progressLoadingScreen 0.5;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                //Compile trader configs

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

I commented out the custom variables so AAC would work but if I uncomment that line I get the AAC items disappearing.

Where would I put the AAC variables in my new one?

You should never call a full file when epoch already has the call. When you make custom variables.sqf or compiles.sqf, you should always allow the standard one to be called, then call a custom one with ONLY the changes you need. Basically your server is loading all of the variables that are standard to epoch, then its loading all of my variables. THEN its overwriting everything that has already been called. Since I have dayz_allowedobjects redefined in my variables.sqf it overwrites the one in the original call, which is what I want it to do. Then, instead of just having the few variables you needed in a third variables.sqf call, you cut and pasted the entire variables.sqf file. So after all of my variables are defined, your custom clothing one overwrites everything I did. If its not exactly what is needed for the clothing mod, you need to delete it out of that third variables.sqf or cut the all_players stuff out of the third file, paste it into my variables.sqf and remove the third call you have in your init.sqf.

You should never call a full file when epoch already has the call. When you make custom variables.sqf or compiles.sqf, you should always allow the standard one to be called, then call a custom one with ONLY the changes you need. Basically your server is loading all of the variables that are standard to epoch, then its loading all of my variables. THEN its overwriting everything that has already been called. Since I have dayz_allowedobjects redefined in my variables.sqf it overwrites the one in the original call, which is what I want it to do. Then, instead of just having the few variables you needed in a third variables.sqf call, you cut and pasted the entire variables.sqf file. So after all of my variables are defined, your custom clothing one overwrites everything I did. If its not exactly what is needed for the clothing mod, you need to delete it out of that third variables.sqf or cut the all_players stuff out of the third file, paste it into my variables.sqf and remove the third call you have in your init.sqf.

Ahh, that makes it much clearer.

I removed all but the Allplayer variables in my custom variables.sqf and now everything works

Really nice explanation ...thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Players on our server requested your addon so we got everything working,

I Changed the Gems to different items because we use Gems for other things.

Amethyst  >  Kostey_photos

Citrine  >  Kostey_map_case

Emerald  >  Kostey_notebook

Obsidian  >  Moscow_Bombing_File

Ruby  >  Cobalt_File

Sapphire  >  EvMoscow

Topaz  EvKobalt

and made all the necessary changes to to all the requiredmaterials[] ={"Kostey_notebook","bulk_PartGeneric"};

but when in game the required materials for the aka ("Kostey_notebook") "and Rest of the Changed Gem items" Show as missing any suggestions or if you know how to make those work that would be great help.

=D

yep sorry for the delay everything was changed after you said considered weapons it doned on me about the FakeMag and if they where classed differently so i changed the item list to one of these

ItemBook1
ItemBook2
ItemBook3
ItemBook4
ItemKiloHemp
ItemCopperBar
ItemBronzeBar
ItemAluminumBar
ItemTinBar

Becasue they are not used on the server aswell and they seem to be working.

plus its kind of funny peoples reactions of when they use a romance novel to make there stuff

Again thank you for the replay =)

I am using a heavily modified version of this and got stuck to a small problem.

When the player builds an object and the object is huge, and he rotates it....he dies obviously, so am i trying to do :

player allowdamage false;

when the player is in build mode...and when he cancels or completes the build i set it back to true.

But Infistar is blocking this.

Did you come up with something similar to snap build, that uses the preview building....so players dont get killed when they are building huge objects ?

Or has anyone figured out how to bypass infistar for this ?

i got everything working fine, PID are assigned to the object when made and F key unlocks it so player can move the only problem i seem to be to running into is ONLY the owner of the plot pole is the only one who can place down advanced alchemical crafting items any other players who are added by  a friend or a player who is tagged as friend when they try and place a advanced alchemical crafting items it says there is no plot pole.

I get no Errors Server or Client side so any suggestions would be great

i got everything working fine, PID are assigned to the object when made and F key unlocks it so player can move the only problem i seem to be to running into is ONLY the owner of the plot pole is the only one who can place down advanced alchemical crafting items any other players who are added by  a friend or a player who is tagged as friend when they try and place a advanced alchemical crafting items it says there is no plot pole.

I get no Errors Server or Client side so any suggestions would be great

I should have some time tomorrow and will look into the code. Will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this on my test server-

I am running plot4life and other mods and worked through all the fixes I could find.

I finally managed to get the items to go into the database and they spawn fine and no other scripts are broke with the addtions to the scripts but I finally have got it down to only 2 bugs.

1. It doesn't actually require all items to be on the person just the correct gem to trigger the menu system - made sure I removed my admin powers to see if it was that.

2. It doesn't remove the gem once build is complete.

Any ideas?

cheers

edit- think the other coder added me into the admin while I was testing so please ignore and thanks for a great mod

I should have some time tomorrow and will look into the code. Will let you know.

I was not able to repro this issue. I had a couple friends get on my test server and they had no issues building when I tagged them as friendly. 

Not sure what the other plot management scripts might do to this one though.

cheers

edit- think the other coder added me into the admin while I was testing so please ignore and thanks for a great mod

Glad you were able to get that sorted!

People get kicked every time they try to preview the snowman by battleye. What would be the line I would have to add to public variables?

If you open the scripts.log file in your battleye folder it will tell you what exception the person got kicked for. You can then use that to figure out what filter needs to be opened and what exception needs to be added.

People get kicked every time they try to preview the snowman by battleye. What would be the line I would have to add to public variables?

Open BattlEye\createvehicle.txt file and add this to the line

!"MAP_snowman"

My File:

5 "SeaGull"

1 "" !"WeaponHolder" !"box"

5 "box" !="DebugBoxPlayer_DZ" !"MedBox" !="AmmoBoxSmall_556" !="AmmoBoxSmall_762" !="ItemMatchbox" !="ItemToolbox" !="CardBoardBox" !="FoodBox1" !="FoodBox2" !="FoodBox3" !="LockboxStorageLocked" !="LockboxStorage" !="WeaponHolder_ItemLockbox" !="MAP_Misc_PostBox" !="MAP_phone_box" !="MAP_Camo_box" !="MAP_phonebox" !="MAP_icebox" !="MAP_box_c" !="Land_Misc_ConcBox_EP1"

5 "BasicWeapons"

5 "SpecialWeapons"

5 "FunctionsManager"

5 "Logic"

5 "sideLogic"

5 "M_Vikhr_AT"

5 "M_Hellfire_AT"

5 "snowman" !"MAP_snowman"

5 "FAL_pond_"

If you are using infastar then you may need to add a few more that say box ie:

!="MAP_Misc_PostBox" !="MAP_phone_box" !="MAP_Camo_box" !="MAP_phonebox" !="MAP_icebox" !="MAP_box_c" !="Land_Misc_ConcBox_EP1"

MegaZ

Hi, I keep getting this error ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\custom\Buildables\extra_rc.hpp, line 56: .ExtraRc: Member already defined.

Is there a fix  to this? I already have a extra_rc.hpp file in my custom folder, and I have tryed to combine them, but same error happens.

Hi, I keep getting this error ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\custom\Buildables\extra_rc.hpp, line 56: .ExtraRc: Member already defined.

Is there a fix  to this? I already have a extra_rc.hpp file in my custom folder, and I have tryed to combine them, but same error happens.

Do you have any other mods that have ui elements? Its telling you that whatever is defined at line 56 has already been defined somewhere else so you need to delete that definition from my file. 

I was wondering if anyone using this mod has had any issues with some buildables becoming un upgradeable as I now have some people being unable to upgrade normal walls etc.

It seems a little odd in the database as my player ids should be up around 6-7k but I am getting some new items with really low number (in 400s and 700s) and I think these are the un-upgradeable ones.

Suggestions anyone?

cheers

I have snap pro, elevator mod, WAI, Repair, Rearm and refuel, and AGN safezone installed. 

Onedisturbed, what do you mean when you say put the call for it? Im kind of new to this, sorry.

These are the calls I have for the script.

#include "custom\Buildables\extra_rc.hpp"
#include "custom\Buildables\MT_Defines.hpp"

Change the path as needed. If you do not have a custom defines.hpp from Zupa or whomever then be sure to add that as well. So it would be:

#include "custom\Buildables\defines.hpp"