Advanced Alchemical Crafting v3.3

Hi Hogscraper,

I would really like to use this but I (like you) have the Origins MOD added to my server and am using the citrine gem as the interior items object required. I would like to keep it as just using that one gem so would it be possible to modify this to using just one gem for instance the Citrine?

Kind Regards,

Pry 

Hello,

Has anyone got this to work with the Deploy anything script? I have been trying top make it work and have not been able to get it working.

Thanks

I am also trying to get it to work with deploy anything script....

its not working  I click a gem and get option to Start Crafting!  but it does nothing 

This is how I think it should be added to the overwrites\config.sqf

["ItemAmethyst","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Amethyst.sqf';","true"],
["ItemCitrine","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Citrine.sqf';","true"],
["ItemEmerald","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Emerald.sqf';","true"],
["ItemObsidian","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Obsidian.sqf';","true"],
["ItemRuby","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Ruby.sqf';","true"],
["ItemSapphire","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Sapphire.sqf';","true"],
["ItemTopaz","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Topaz.sqf';","true"],
["ItemLightbulb","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Lights.sqf';","true"]

This is probably not the reason  I get nothing when I click Start Crafting! but it's a start

you state .....

"if you are using Snap Pro system you can integrate my system with that one by opening my Custom_Compiles.sqf and deleting the dayz_spaceinterrupt function from the bottom of that file. Then navigate to custom\Snap_Pro\dayz_spacensterrupt.sqf and open that file."

start delete  here ???  

line 256  dayz_spaceInterrupt = {

all the way to the closing }

Hi Hogscraper,

I would really like to use this but I (like you) have the Origins MOD added to my server and am using the citrine gem as the interior items object required. I would like to keep it as just using that one gem so would it be possible to modify this to using just one gem for instance the Citrine?

Kind Regards,

Pry 

You could do that but it would require changing all of the items in MT_Defines.hpp to just have ItemCitrine as the required ingredient and you would also need to combine all of the gemstone.sqf files into the Citrine.sqf. That would allow a player to right click an ItemCitrine, open a menu and have every catagory available in one giant drop down list. Everything else should work the same after that.

I am also trying to get it to work with deploy anything script....

its not working  I click a gem and get option to Start Crafting!  but it does nothing 

This is how I think it should be added to the overwrites\config.sqf

["ItemAmethyst","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Amethyst.sqf';","true"],
["ItemCitrine","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Citrine.sqf';","true"],
["ItemEmerald","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Emerald.sqf';","true"],
["ItemObsidian","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Obsidian.sqf';","true"],
["ItemRuby","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Ruby.sqf';","true"],
["ItemSapphire","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Sapphire.sqf';","true"],
["ItemTopaz","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Topaz.sqf';","true"],
["ItemLightbulb","Start Crafting!","execVM 'custom\Buildables\Lights.sqf';","true"]

They appear to use a custom ui_selectslot as well. You would likely have to combine that with macas somehow. The one thing it looks like you missed in the overwrites\config.sqf is that in my extra_rc_hpp there is also a call to load the dialog. 

Maybe try this format

["ItemLightbulb","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM ""custom\Buildables\Lights.sqf""","true"]

This is probably not the reason  I get nothing when I click Start Crafting! but it's a start

you state .....

"if you are using Snap Pro system you can integrate my system with that one by opening my Custom_Compiles.sqf and deleting the dayz_spaceinterrupt function from the bottom of that file. Then navigate to custom\Snap_Pro\dayz_spacensterrupt.sqf and open that file."

start delete  here ???  

line 256  dayz_spaceInterrupt = {

all the way to the closing }

yes all the way to the end.

working great Thankz ALOT

this works for Deploy anything script  for those that need....

["ItemAmethyst","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Amethyst.sqf';","true"],
["ItemCitrine","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Citrine.sqf';","true"],
["ItemEmerald","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Emerald.sqf';","true"],
["ItemObsidian","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Obsidian.sqf';","true"],
["ItemRuby","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Ruby.sqf';","true"],
["ItemSapphire","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Sapphire.sqf';","true"],
["ItemTopaz","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM 'custom\Buildables\Topaz.sqf';","true"],
["ItemLightbulb","Start Crafting!","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM ""custom\Buildables\Lights.sqf""","true"],

Well.. as promesed here I am with 2 new issues:

1. This is not exactly an issue but a weird feature, whenever there's another player close to you making an item preview at the same time.. you can see his item in your preview as well :)

2. Battleye Kicks an user when he tries to build a "MAP_lobby_counter" with this restriction:

Value Restriction #74 "PVDZE_obj_Publish" = ["230",<NULL-object>,[228.337,[14824.2,16572.3,3.85554]],"MAP_lobby_counter"]

I went to "publicvariable.txt" file and change the restriction from 5 to 1 and it didn't work. I deleted the whole line and it didn't work :(

How can I avoid my player to be kicked this way?

Well.. as promesed here I am with 2 new issues:

1. This is not exactly an issue but a weird feature, whenever there's another player close to you making an item preview at the same time.. you can see his item in your preview as well :)

2. Battleye Kicks an user when he tries to build a "MAP_lobby_counter" with this restriction:

Value Restriction #74 "PVDZE_obj_Publish" = ["230",<NULL-object>,[228.337,[14824.2,16572.3,3.85554]],"MAP_lobby_counter"]

I went to "publicvariable.txt" file and change the restriction from 5 to 1 and it didn't work. I deleted the whole line and it didn't work :(

How can I avoid my player to be kicked this way?

I never even thought about two players previewing at the same time right next to each other :blink: The way it worked originally I had the items spawned over the debugbox but two players at all would conflict so I spawn the items 6,000 m over the player's location. I had thought about doing it randomly but that would still leave a chance of having them inside each other. To avoid seeing it, even if right next to each other, you should just be able to face opposite directions to avoid that. Technically, if you had a vehicle that could reach 6,000 m you could fly into the item as well.

As far as the kick, have you tried adding the name to the same line as the icebox issue? I haven't seen this happen yet on our server but we have had multiple issues lately with the newest infistar update. Its been banning people left and right for all kinds of things. From what I've read, VALUE RESTRICTION #X means that inside your publicvariableval.txt you need to check line #X and the kick was for whatever is on that line. 

I never even thought about two players previewing at the same time right next to each other :blink: The way it worked originally I had the items spawned over the debugbox but two players at all would conflict so I spawn the items 6,000 m over the player's location. I had thought about doing it randomly but that would still leave a chance of having them inside each other. To avoid seeing it, even if right next to each other, you should just be able to face opposite directions to avoid that. Technically, if you had a vehicle that could reach 6,000 m you could fly into the item as well.

As far as the kick, have you tried adding the name to the same line as the icebox issue? I haven't seen this happen yet on our server but we have had multiple issues lately with the newest infistar update. Its been banning people left and right for all kinds of things. From what I've read, VALUE RESTRICTION #X means that inside your publicvariableval.txt you need to check line #X and the kick was for whatever is on that line. 

Hi man, thanks for the answer :) .. and dont worry about the previewing issue.. actually I like it.. cause my pals can share with me what they're previewing :)

And about kick issue.. well.. the file doesn't have 74 lines... it has only three:

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="PVDZ_Server_Simulation"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"

And according to the log file, the first line is the one enforcing the kick, it's the second one... starting with PVDZE... and as I said.. I tried changing it to 1 or deleting it, deleting all the lines and it keeps kicking...

Would it work if I add for example this?:

1 "MAP_lobby_counter"

Hi... I'm getting this error when I try to enter in my server.

"File mpmission\Dayz_epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\Buildables\Crafting_Dialogles.hpp, line 32: /Advanced_Crafting/Controls.AAC_Label: Undefined base class 'RscText'" 

I do everything right two times...  (I think lol)

Thanks.

Hi man, thanks for the answer :) .. and dont worry about the previewing issue.. actually I like it.. cause my pals can share with me what they're previewing :)

And about kick issue.. well.. the file doesn't have 74 lines... it has only three:

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="PVDZ_Server_Simulation"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"

And according to the log file, the first line is the one enforcing the kick, it's the second one... starting with PVDZE... and as I said.. I tried changing it to 1 or deleting it, deleting all the lines and it keeps kicking...

Would it work if I add for example this?:

1 "MAP_lobby_counter"

have you tried adding !="MAP_lobby_counter" to your createvehicle.txt? Not sure why that would matter but I haven't yet heard from anyone else trying to create the  counter and being kicked.

"File mpmission\Dayz_epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\Buildables\Crafting_Dialogles.hpp, line 32: /Advanced_Crafting/Controls.AAC_Label: Undefined base class 'RscText'" 

I do everything right two times...  (I think lol)

Thanks.

That means, at some point, you have deleted the definition for RscText from your description.ext. Here is the default definition that is supposed to be in description.ext

class RscText
{
    type = 0;
    idc = -1;
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    h = 0.037;
    w = 0.3;
    style = 0x100;
    font = Zeppelin32;
    SizeEx = 0.03921;
    colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
    colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
    linespacing = 1;
};

Can you copy and paste the error exactly as it is in your rpt? Line 32 is in the middle of a different definition and you misspelled dialogs. Or even better, use pastebin and load your entire rpt. If you are correct that the RscText definition is ok in your description.ext I can't see anything that would throw an undefined error unless another separate error is messing things up. If there is it will show in your rpt.

bloodbag does work and rpt has no errors. So that's why im lost I understand enough for scripting and things to know it should be in selfactions and know that where all the remove stuff is but im at a loss. rpt is telling me nothing and everything seems to be working fine except the build options like remove and upgrade. I don't know but ill screw around some more.

bloodbag does work and rpt has no errors. So that's why im lost I understand enough for scripting and things to know it should be in selfactions and know that where all the remove stuff is but im at a loss. rpt is telling me nothing and everything seems to be working fine except the build options like remove and upgrade. I don't know but ill screw around some more.

Could it be that the line where you add the custom_craftables to the _ismodular line is messed up somehow? The reason I ask is that blood bag is at the top of the file and the rest of what seems to be broken is below that code. Hotwire kits, dogs and gutting animals are also below that code so are they working on your test server?

When you are looking at something in game, the total checks for removing an object are:

is it in _isModular   - I had the exact line to change that I currently use

is the owner characterID of the item the same as your charid

do you currently have a toolbox and a crowbar in your inventory

The total checks for a plot pole are whether or not you're moving, whether or not you can make an action and if the object you are looking at is a plot pole. If that is not working and blood bags are then the fn_selfActions.sqf is broken somewhere. You could try moving the blood bag code to the bottom somewhere and see if it still works after a restart. You didn't define two fn_selfactions did you?

Thanks a lot man. I just needed a fresh mind on this. Made a beginner mistake.  fn_selfactions in the scripts compiles is called in custom\fn and I have mine in a diff folder so that's why none of the stuff in selfactions was working. Seemed to screw with it all. Kind of weird how some of the stuff still worked though. Well all is good now. Thanks again for slowing me down and thinking of the simple things.

hello everybody. foremost I apologize for my English .  :wacko:

made in I followed your tutorial and all is fine except that. I have the choice on differente stone but as I click craft I do not have the menu that opens?

I'm looking I do not understand why I do not have a menu after right-clicking on a stone ?

help me please

post-11000-0-15222200-1406965594_thumb.p

I'm looking I do not understand why I do not have a menu after right-clicking on a stone ?

help me please

Verify that all steps were followed correctly.

Your rpt log in AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT. Find that file, open it and look for anything that has ERROR in the line. You can use pastebin to post the entire thing if there are lots of errors. You can also PM whatever is in there and I will try to take a look at it for you.

You may need to wait a few minutes after attempting to craft and refresh the rpt as it looks like some of that is missing.

The last line is:

15:53:56 Error in expression < = _primary select 8;

There isn't anything in my code that passes 9 variables to any function and that's definitely different than the other error you reported.

Can you copy and paste the error exactly as it is in your rpt? Line 32 is in the middle of a different definition and you misspelled dialogs. Or even better, use pastebin and load your entire rpt. If you are correct that the RscText definition is ok in your description.ext I can't see anything that would throw an undefined error unless another separate error is messing things up. If there is it will show in your rpt.

There is... http://pastebin.com/jd9DLBk8

Also, the description.ext http://pastebin.com/TYeEucgq