[Release] UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

I don't see the point of posting this here but ok. No I don't plan on releasing the source code for my tool as I did say in my github issue post, there is no reason to.

I don't blame you for keeping your code private, people can always write their own code if it means that much :)

To all those trying to use my installer or trying to install BEC manually or trying to make automated processes. DO NOT include spaces in your file directory paths, windows will not execute commands like changing directories or executing a file from a specific directory if your file names have spaces in them. This is the very reason why linux doesn't allow spaces in their file names, it is bad to do. :)

huu??

Bec has no problems with spaces.

Works.
BePath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\servercfg\BattlEye

Works Too
Bec.exe -f "my config file.cfg"   | note the quotes

i dont know about anyone else. but spaces works fine for me.

when messing with bat scripts i belive quotes around stuff with spaces helps

huu??

Bec has no problems with spaces.

Works.

BePath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\servercfg\BattlEye

Works Too

Bec.exe -f "my config file.cfg"

i dont know about anyone else. but spaces works fine for me.

when messing with bat scripts i belive quotes around stuff with spaces helps

For the most part windows can interpret one or two spaces here or there but not several in conjunction with one another. Even if you set the path as a literal it can end up with an error or worse a runtime error with no message. I am adding a notice to my tool that makes people remove their directory path spaces to prevent errors with bat file execution.

An update to the tool will be released today to prevent errors in bat execution. Allot of users tend to make full sentences for folder names and when passing a directory path through BEC windows does not interpret it properly, so this update will address allot of these problems. I am notifying the BEC creator of this issue.

So I have been testing some new features for the tool and I have run into a snag. I was wondering if there was anyone who has used my tool having a hard time getting BEC to connect to their server? I know the root of what is causing this issue for me but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.  :unsure:

I tested your previouse version and had no problems with it.
From my experiance when Bec will not connect its mostly caused by wrong Battleye path set in the config.

Ofcource there could always be some other issue. i also always check if its something wrong with Bec or the battleye installation by using another Rcon tool to verify with. I know that if you can login with another Rcon tool,. "Ie, Epm Rcon or others".  there is 99% of the time wrong BePath set in Bec config.

Well it turns out my tool was doing it's job, I just had to restart my computer since I created a new test server. :lol:

My SSD only had 1Gb left so I just deleted my test server and made a new one on my 2TB drive.....I hate moving around files but i needed the space  :P

Question. How are you going to handle Bec updates in the future?
I know the tool gets the newset Bec version when you run it.

But lets say i already have configured my Bec with your tool.. then there is a new Version of Bec out.
can there be some way to only download the Bec version without doing the hole setup again ?

when i launch Bec it checks for a new version, it is possible that you can do the same ?
or just have a update  Bec checkbox ?

This is a planned feature that I will be including sometime soon. I am currently redesigning the entire tool since I want to expand on it considerably. I will have to figure out a way to do it at the moment since I don't entirely work direct with the BEC team and some of their updates change the way their stuff is written. For example the last update changed the way the scheduler was written and how some of the bat files were written making pre set up files error out.

Hey Grave,

Just tried your tool, and it crashes everytime I try and use it with the following error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: uep bec installer.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 53dd4939
  Problem Signature 04: UEP BEC Installer
  Problem Signature 05: 1.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 53dd4939
  Problem Signature 07: 19
  Problem Signature 08: 5e3
  Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any ideas?  Did you just push an update?

-NoobOwang

Hey Grave,

Just tried your tool, and it crashes everytime I try and use it with the following error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: uep bec installer.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 53dd4939
  Problem Signature 04: UEP BEC Installer
  Problem Signature 05: 1.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 53dd4939
  Problem Signature 07: 19
  Problem Signature 08: 5e3
  Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any ideas?  Did you just push an update?

-NoobOwang

I noticed in another one of your posts you say you are planning on integrating support for hosters utilizing virtualization.  I am using a Hyper-V VM - is that what is causing this you think?

- Thanks!

I noticed in another one of your posts you say you are planning on integrating support for hosters utilizing virtualization.  I am using a Hyper-V VM - is that what is causing this you think?

- Thanks!

This is the first time I have seen this error. If you can't run my tool without an error then it is something that you have causing issues on your end, if you are running my tool through a VM make sure that you have a ROM of windows that has all the proper updates.

My virtualization integration is for people using server virtualization which is essentially one server acting as dozens of servers on the same machine. So my installer would make as many processes as it could into services and then utilize windows event triggers to run the rest so that way you could have dozens of servers on one box without being logged into anyone of them in order for auto restarts.

Sorry for the dumb question bur im having trouble installing it im on the last step but it says (it appears ive renamed my serber batch file to pleasse type the name of it) the problem is i have not renamed anything and kinda dont get what batch file it means.. i cant seem to find it. Thanks in Advance  

Edited by jrrudeeyez

It is the batch file that starts your server. If you are using this to install an epoch server the batch file comes with the server files in the examples folder which is key to getting your server to even run epoch. If you are installing for overpoch well you need to find the batch file that you had to create or download and enter its name in. :)

I need to add more stuff to the tool to handle overpoch installs now..... :blink:

xDuSkAsSaSsInx

Please make sure that you entered all the proper information for your server like ip, port, and rcon password. After the install you should always restart your computer, I have run into situations in testing myself were this is caused due to a needed restart. Other than that I always recommend doing a fresh server install and then using this tool before modifying your server. If you have any more questions just let me know.

I have been slowly working the new update for the tool and it may come out in about 2 weeks from now since school just started and this is my college senior year. :)

It is the batch file that starts your server. If you are using this to install an epoch server the batch file comes with the server files in the examples folder which is key to getting your server to even run epoch. If you are installing for overpoch well you need to find the batch file that you had to create or download and enter its name in. :)

I need to add more stuff to the tool to handle overpoch installs now..... :blink:

kinda figured after posting it sorry :D  lol... anyways the problem i have now it wont even connect im guessing.. because nothing happens  :( just keeps on running like nothing happened.