[Release] UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

This is an installer created by me under the Unified Epoch Project to allow server hosters to easily and properly install BEC into their servers on any epoch map.

FEATURES:

Auto Downloads and installs the latest BEC into your server

Supports GUI dialogue options for users to configure BEC settings

Comes with a pre set up scheduler that will auto restart server every 3 hours

Officially supported by the BEC creator and can be found on their site!

Download:

https://github.com/bbatton/UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Donate A Beer If You Like The Installer!

Installation went fine, except when I click the start it runs my server fine. But once it launches the BE window it says Waiting for Server Startup.

Please make sure that the server password you type in is the same as your database password that you have set up in your server hive.ext file. 

Logan

Installation went fine, except when I click the start it runs my server fine. But once it launches the BE window it says Waiting for Server Startup.

To the developer.

this can be a case of the name of the server has been renamed. IE. from Arma2oaserver.exe to somethign else.

when this happens Bec will fail to startup unless you specify this in the config file or use --dsc.

You should adapt the tool so it check the file info on the exe files in the dir, to ensure that it has set the ServerExeName in the config if this happens.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11350008/how-to-get-exe-file-version-number-from-file-path

Verified my password. server name. Same issue  <_<

I am really eager to fix your problem as I don't want anyone else to have problems with this tool, so I have a couple of questions to ask. Is this a new install of the server using all the default setting? Have you changed anything dealing with your instance folder? Have you edited any of the server .bat files?

Once I figure out your problem I will edit the tool to take care of these types of issues. ;)

To the developer.

this can be a case of the name of the server has been renamed. IE. from Arma2oaserver.exe to somethign else.

when this happens Bec will fail to startup unless you specify this in the config file or use --dsc.

You should adapt the tool so it check the file info on the exe files in the dir, to ensure that it has set the ServerExeName in the config if this happens.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11350008/how-to-get-exe-file-version-number-from-file-path

I will look into this.

I am really eager to fix your problem as I don't want anyone else to have problems with this tool, so I have a couple of questions to ask. Is this a new install of the server using all the default setting? Have you changed anything dealing with your instance folder? Have you edited any of the server .bat files?

Once I figure out your problem I will edit the tool to take care of these types of issues. ;)

I'll add a new folder, and re pull all files from steam, and setup a new server. Then re run the program, I'll let you know what happens.

I'll add a new folder, and re pull all files from steam, and setup a new server. Then re run the program, I'll let you know what happens.

Just make sure that you do all the stuff needed for the new steam update in your bat files or your server won't start before or after my tool.

Seems to be working perfect now ^_^

Something on my end for my other servers, I'll have to look into it more tomorrow.

Thanks for this amazing tool!

I am glad to hear that it is working now for you, I was getting concerned since I was literally stumped at what it was causing the problem :lol:

Tool Update #2 Features:

• I will be attempting to add automated setup for dedicated hoster's utilizing server virtualization on dedicated boxes.
  • Added error handling for extreme cases of server batch file customization
  • Proper File property details
  • An Icon so the tool doesn't look crap  :lol:

nice..

if your open to suggestion. what about a checkbox for advance configuration ?
Ie, if this box is checked you can go through some of the setting and enable example. asciichat only, ignorechatchars. maxplayernamelenght. slotlimit etc etc.
just an idea.

anyway keep up the work :)

nice..

if your open to suggestion. what about a checkbox for advance configuration ?

Ie, if this box is checked you can go through some of the setting and enable example. asciichat only, ignorechatchars. maxplayernamelenght. slotlimit etc etc.

just an idea.

anyway keep up the work :)

That is actually a great idea, I will put that as well in the next update. :P  I am always open to suggestions to improve my software, if anyone has any more suggestions feel free to tell me.

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 AM

Seems to be working perfect now  ^_^

Something on my end for my other servers, I'll have to look into it more tomorrow.

Thanks for this amazing tool!

Could be a problem with ip's

Sometimes as host, localhost or 127.0.0.1 doesnt find it.

Then i have to give in the server actual ip.

Strange stuff that BEC ^^

raziel23x commented 13 hours ago

Is there any way to release actual code instead of compiled version to actually see what's going on
Brandon Batton
Owner
bbatton commented an hour ago
When I was first making this tool I had planned to release the source code for it, but after weighing the pros and cons of doing so the cons were just simply higher than the pros. So I actually rewrote the entire tool in another language that was compilable to avoid the following issues.

-Outside alteration of installer that would be detrimental to its success and/or packaging harmful code
-Removal of branding and authorship for the purpose of re-distribution

Honestly there are only two pros to releasing the source code that being people may know of a better way of coding some of the features and people trusting my code more since they can see what it does. People will eventually trust my code regardless of it being compiled if my software carries a good reputation that precedes it, such trust is something to develop over time not over night so this doesn't bother me.

So in conclusion I do not plan on releasing the source code for this tool unless the full community demands I do so with a valid reason beyond me being a new developer that hasn't earned his metal yet.
 Brandon Batton bbatton closed this an hour ago

Could be a problem with ip's

Sometimes as host, localhost or 127.0.0.1 doesnt find it.

Then i have to give in the server actual ip.

Strange stuff that BEC ^^

Yea that is why I say it is best to put the wide area network ip for the server, so that way there is no issues :)