{FIX} Players stuck at loading screen hearing sounds

Brockie

Any status on this?

I really need to get this fixed on my server for it is effecting a lot of players.

The fix is already stated over 20 times in several topics ^^

The server needs to change his mission file compiles.sqf

@Zupa This is only a workaround. In my case i have the login screen error (+sound) for some of my players and this is paired with some database issues. Sometime my players loose some gear, sometime they die and spawn back with gear they had before. I also notice sometime the database doesnt register some data like humanity for killing zombies or AI.

I tried the workaround and it worked for me and my players. But it doesnt solve the real error wich seems to cause database errors.

I also tried to comment out this line as proposed in this thread. But it didn't solved the problem 

//   #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf";

I am currently reinstalling the whole database and after that all server files. Ill try with the vanilla epoch + fresh database if the problem persist... I really hope to find a real fix to this soon!

EDIT:

@BeoVR6R I saw you have this problem and also a problem with your bank coin system. I do not use this system on my server but I am pretty sure this system uses the database to store that information. Since I also suspect that my database may be the problem I think we may have exactly the same error.

I use Vilayer as a host

Some of my players have this error on second login attempt (most of the time the first login works)

Also in my case this problem wasn't there about a week ago. Then I received this email :

Hello LePogo,

If you are currently having any problems with your DayZ Package server, please reboot it and rejoin. There was a problem with the database system which has now been resolved.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you continue to have problems please contact support to have this resolved.

Regards,

Vilayer Support Staff 

Only after receiving this email I started gettings complaints about this error on login.

I hope we find the fix soon!

EDIT #2

I have no idea if this is related but after reinstalling the complete server to a vanilla ''overpoch'' on panthera with a fresh database I get this in my RPT

22:17:19 Server error: Player without identity LePogoQC (id 1696465851)
22:17:20 Server error: Player without identity LePogoQC (id 1696465851)

I also had this error before reinstalling. I cannot test if the database problem is still there since I personally dosent get this problem (stuck on loading screen) I fact I does happen to me sometimes but this is really rare.

I now suspect that there might be an error in my HiveExt. Since this in one on the file that is not wiped when I reinstall.

• 1 month later...

so ok i can help go in yre epoch mod folder look for dayz_code.pbo open it extract the compiles.sqf or copy it and paste it in yre mission folder

open the init.sqf from yre mission folder look for this line :

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

and change it to this line :

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";

now open the compiles.sqf and look for this line :

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

change it to this :

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };

Credits to

insertcoins for the 2nd fix

This seems to be a random, ongoing problem for many and the fix does not always work for everybody. Hogscraper came up with this solution for those who are still having trouble. It works for the ones that the fix doesn't seem to help. He lists his solution in this thread:

Hogscraper's fix works for the people on my server who still get the bug.

-CJ-

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forums, I made an account specifically to comment on this issue as I have been having it on my server as well, but I am on here all the time for mods/scripts and troubleshooting.

I tried changing the compiles file, haven't had enough traffic to say for sure if it worked, but no errors myself getting in.

One thing I wanted to point out after going post-to-post on several threads covering this issue is how this can relate to Plot for Life. Obviously, if you are not running P4L, this does not apply, however, it is a widely used script so I was surprised to see that it was not mentioned more often. I have installed this on my Overpoch Chernarus server and it is working well.

I only really started seeing this become a problem after installing this script, and after looking at all of the various solutions people have posted (unless I simply skipped over it), it seems nobody has alluded to the fact that the edit that replaces:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

with:

endLoadingScreen;
            };

should potentially be occurring in that new compiles P4L introduces, as installing this script will change the call for compiles.sqf to that new one. I have made this edit to that file, and have had no trouble getting in myself (although I have never had the stuck in loadscreen issue personally), so I know that change at least does not break anything.

Again, like I said I have not had enough traffic with players who are suffering from this issue to be sure this is the solution, but just something I wanted to point out to those it may not be clear for. I know for myself, I actually have two compiles being called (the one P4L calls, and one custom one for Self Bloodbag), so for anybody else who may have a similar setup, this could be confusing.

Hope this helps, and if anybody has tried this and had no success it would be good to hear that my attempt is not a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

This fix is still temp :

with:

endLoadingScreen;
            };

As players still get bugged , and ends up with limbo, bird, or otherwise

After my tests, it solves it for a time, but then the problems comes back, and pvar kicks #0 starts.

I will go back to removing this line, and leave it at people cant join hearing sounds in loading and stuck, so that they can resolve the login by reconnecting, or wait for server restart.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this exact error with the black screen.  (ironically this all happened after a fresh upgrade to the newest build of Infistar) I did this:

I took a stock init.sqf and went through the code and replaced it with my custom init.sqf.  (I tend to program when half awake)  I then went back and replaced my custom lines into the init.sqf

I previously deleted the last two entries in my database had my CharacterID set to 0 (zero) in my player_login table

player_login.png (table)

2015_08_06_21_38_56_localhost_127_0_0_1_

My advise is try to see if you have any recent CharacterIDs of 0 under your player.  I reloaded my custom PBOs and everything is back to working.  My first suspicion would be a wrong ID in the database as stated above.  My new login is now #71, and when I die it will be #72. So therefore the ID 0 is almost surely the reason why I had the issue.

After further investigation, I had an older backup copy of my server which I booted into. I slowly introduced everything back in under version infiSTAR AHAT334D which lead to a [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\..." and a script I had that was killing the server from logins. I remmarked out the line [] execVM and everything is back to normal.  I will continue to test and re-post any finding here.

Bump this horrible tread. Can you give the True Working solution ?