Server doesnt start after 125548 update!

mark88

Question

Took me while to realize that there was a steam update ... got it on steam, started OA to ensure it was installed and YES - right downside corner shows 125548 update is active.

Then i copied arma2/OA files together (like an usual server creation and yes, in the proper order) - copied my server files and mission files from the server with 112555.

What happens is that nothing happens!

The RPT:

=====================================================================
== C:\aaa\arma2oaserver.exe
== "arma2oaserver.exe"  -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2014/07/25 20:47:29
Current time:  2014/07/25 23:35:13

Version 1.63.125548
Unsupported language German in stringtable
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

(... - no errors - ...)

Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/

And here the log just stops! Nothing further does happen.

No mission is starting ..

My start batch file:

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Do i "now" need to include beta or something since the beta-folder is now obsolete (doesnt exist in 125548 !)? There are no clear instructions anywhere - i just joined the list of people having problems.

Please note that i did/do run some servers with 112555.

Just nothing does make sense at the moment!

10 answers to this question

Little update:

Tried a vanilla install with the newest files, added all "steam-related" values in the config files, tripple checked port forwardings, sql-server connectivity and what ever -

still the same result!

RPT log stops at exactly this like:

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/

and does not go any further, no matter what i do. No errors, no warnings, nothing.

If i start my local 1.0.5.1 server with 112555 then everything works like a charm.

Are you joining off DZC? Even with the update, its still buggy for me. If I boot up Arma 2 OA with these mods (minus overwatch, since you're not running overpoch) I can join my server just fine. 

(in case you didn't know this, the log stops there till a player joins and presses OK. just an FYI)

Verify the cache with steam.

You can delete the beta as it is no longer needed as 125548 is the current Arma 2 OA client update.

The beta is over and is most stable, so its not need anymore....

Here is my batch file

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\"
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_1_Overpoch\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_1_Overpoch\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_1_Overpoch" -name=instance_1_Overpoch "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@Hive;" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=8 -maxMem=40000
exit

Yeah mine is not working either, when I start it everything is fine but when I look in the commander, the Epoch version of my server is gone and when I connect with correct password it still says "wrong password", what the hell is going on?
This is also my very first DayZ server.

Thanks for your great help, you were totaly right ...

I just noticed that i should not rely on dayz-commander to check the online-state of my servers.

So i thought it was offline and stopped at those lines.

But well, i have another problem!

Whilst it does run perfectly smooth for me, some of my players do get a COMPILE ERROR in the MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!

Check this out (removed sensible infos):

21323701.png

Only for certain players! Some (including me) dont get any compile errors.

That is extremely weird, i feel completely raped from behind by bohemia and also steam.

And here the log just stops! Nothing further does happen.

No mission is starting ..

Having the exact same issue. It just stops at that point in the log and is in a perm state status of server 'creating'. What did you do to resolve the issue?

Thanks for your great help, you were totaly right ...

I just noticed that i should not rely on dayz-commander to check the online-state of my servers.

So i thought it was offline and stopped at those lines.

But well, i have another problem!

Whilst it does run perfectly smooth for me, some of my players do get a COMPILE ERROR in the MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!

Check this out (removed sensible infos):

21323701.png

Only for certain players! Some (including me) dont get any compile errors.

That is extremely weird, i feel completely raped from behind by bohemia and also steam.

You must have -showscripterrors in your launch parameters, just remove them and you'll be fine