DayZ Commander - Server isnt recognised as Epoch

adzvaughan

Question

Hi,

I have two overpoch servers.

They are running on 112555 and its failing to report to DayZ Commander that its an epoch server. So when it launches with usual starting perams its launching dayzoverpocha nd the dayz mod and no overpoch

I updated my test server to the new arma patch and this is doing the exact same.

If you want to find servers just filter for:

gamingrepublic.co.uk

Regards,

Adam

Edit nvm i red it wrong :(

Maybe having 1.0.5.1 in your server name 2 times is breaking it?

And maybe just try 1.0.5.1 instead of [1.0.5.1/112555] just try 1.0.5.1

It's nothing to do with version numbers I dont think as others are recognised as epoch with no epoch version number.

Not sure exactly what the bugs are, but I there are some weird bugs in DZC. Two of my servers were not showing any steam or epoch version at all earlier today. I just loaded up DZC and it showed both servers in the main search window, with both versions showing properly then instantly they disappeared. I went to my favorites tab and both are back to showing no versions and ping is 10000. Tried DZL and it shows them just fine but hangs on wait for host then disconnects. Only thing I can do is join through manually launching the game.

Not sure exactly what the bugs are, but I there are some weird bugs in DZC. Two of my servers were not showing any steam or epoch version at all earlier today. I just loaded up DZC and it showed both servers in the main search window, with both versions showing properly then instantly they disappeared. I went to my favorites tab and both are back to showing no versions and ping is 10000. Tried DZL and it shows them just fine but hangs on wait for host then disconnects. Only thing I can do is join through manually launching the game.

If you pm me ur server ip and steam port, i will take a look :)

My server has been having this problem since I switched it to 125548 yesterday. I am having this problem with both the live and test server (which are running from different PCs)

After setting up the server everything runs perfectly fine, the only thing is that DZC is not detecting that the server is running epoch 1.0.5.1.

I tried about 500 different ways of changing the name, such as:

• including the version at the start > (1.0.5.1 / 125548)
  • not including brackets in the version > 1.0.5.1 / 125548
  • only using the epoch version in the name > 1.0.5.1
  • trying various other conventions that other servers had in their name that were showing up properly > [1.0.5.1/125548]

and my conclusion is I don't think it uses the name anymore to detect versions.

I am not sure if the above is true for 122555 too or just 125548.

I also tried this stuff:

• rearranging the server's launcher parameters to make sure @DayZ_Epoch is the first mod on the server launch parameter -- still no luck.
  • making sure everything is set up properly on GameTracker
  • clearing my DZC cache/settings to make sure it wasn't some sort of weird DZC client-side glitch

I wonder if there is an issue on the DZC end since the update yesterday?

everything comes up fine on DZL (Taviana/Overwatch/Epoch are ALL detected at the right versions and showing up properly) so this makes it even more baffling.

Yeah im having the exact same problem updated commander and running the 125548 - Now the name of the server isnt what it should be, its showing in commander i have 2 of the same servers rather than 2 different ones, its showing them as down on commander but up on launchers :/ PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS!

Hello guys !

Yesterday, I posted a news on my web site about this problem for the french community.

So, for now, there are 2 solutions to solved this issue :

1_You can use the DayZ Launcher from macca

2_You can use the older version of DayZ Commander (v.0.9.1.91)

With this second option, you can see your favorites servers and you can connect to it without issue.  :)

BUT ! If you close your DayZ Commander and you open it again, it will do the update....

So I modified the folder of DayZ Commander to disable the "Auto-Update"

You can use mine using this link --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9hm45kz6uvs5kq/DayZ%20Commander.rar

If you pm me ur server ip and steam port, i will take a look :)

Thank you for the reply and offer but I have since uninstalled DZL. I read where you said in another thread that the folder renaming was being taken care of but until then I will wait for DZC to update again or just join through Steam. Was irritating enough having to rename a bunch of folders for no reason but when it still didn't connect I gave up. Strange that your program would hang at waiting for host, (on several servers it did on several it did not), but when I would esc back to the server list I could join them fine at that point so the instance of A2OA that it loaded was fine, just not the connection for some reason. I don't have the ips handy right now but one was MGT's epoch origins. Thanks for trying tho.

Thank you for the reply and offer but I have since uninstalled DZL. I read where you said in another thread that the folder renaming was being taken care of but until then I will wait for DZC to update again or just join through Steam. Was irritating enough having to rename a bunch of folders for no reason but when it still didn't connect I gave up. Strange that your program would hang at waiting for host, (on several servers it did on several it did not), but when I would esc back to the server list I could join them fine at that point so the instance of A2OA that it loaded was fine, just not the connection for some reason. I don't have the ips handy right now but one was MGT's epoch origins. Thanks for trying tho.

DZL works better for me than DZC. Odd .

Hello all,

Firstly I don't know what the problem is but my server isn't showing epoch 1.0.5.1 when lots of other servers are.  I've tried a few things and no success fixing it yet but I found a temporary workaround.

If your server shows up in commander but doesn't say epoch 1.0.5.1 it just says the arma version you can add the launch parameter -mod=@DayZ_Epoch; in dayz commander settings and now when you join it will start with the proper mod and you should be able to connect.

In the meantime I am still trying to find out if there is something I can do to make it recognized.

Add your servers to DZC favorites but change the servers port to your steam query port BUT before u do this remove all ya old favorites first. I don't know why but I think this may trigger the server to start listing correctly. DZL may work better right now but the other 90% of the dayz player base still use commander.