Server not showing on commander

goatservers

Question

Hi,

I recently updated my epoch server to the latest steam build as dayz commander has recently updated to that build but for some reason the server isn't showing up. It shows up on the server browser when you launch arma on steam(and no, i'm not using the gamespy version of arma) but it won't show on commander.

Thanks in advance

Same as yours goat. I'm thinking your issue must have something to do with your firewall, since the other ones fixed themselves (probably after a lookup from DZC which might fail for you cause of blocked ports). Check your router and show us your port forward / open ports configuration.

a lot of people arent updated cause they are likely using dayz.st which hasnt bothered to update their servers.

As for the showing up in DZC i have (1.0.5.1/112555) in the server name but when people try to join it tries to fire up vanilla dayz for some reason. It also shows up greyed out.

Same as yours goat. I'm thinking your issue must have something to do with your firewall, since the other ones fixed themselves (probably after a lookup from DZC which might fail for you cause of blocked ports). Check your router and show us your port forward / open ports configuration.

My firewall is turned off completely and that opens all the ports up (i know it isn't safe and everything else)

@raymix: Server owners in this thread actually updated to the latest version but are having difficulties getting featured on DZC.

I had to get it out of my system, lol. All good now.  :ph34r:

edit: can't believe i'll ever say this, but - tried out DZL... aaand not going back. I had high hopes for DZC today, but favorites won't work and in order to find server (with most of server name chopped down) I have to refresh full list again, no thanks. Also I actually fell in love with cross version compatibility on DZL.  Still hats off to Josh for pulling off the update "kinda just in time", at least did the initial push for many servers, but for now, it's still unusable. No rant is intended, high respect for both authors, peace.

This is driving me nuts. I have altered my config.cfg 10 ways to sunday and my overpoch server is still showing as dayz 1.8.1

I have changed the name to include epoch, 1.0.5.1 even deleted my dayzcommander cache. When i try to load my server it tries to load dayz vanilla first then overwatch then epoch because it thinks its a dayz server. The only way people can join is to delete their @Dayz folder

we show up in DZL now, and launch just fine from it, DZC doesnt show us STILL and if i try to add address to favorites it shows offline and if i add the steam port it shows the online but cant connect. THEN favorites goes all to hell and i have to delete the dayzcommander cache.

Josh has been working on more updates today it's issues with his ip cache. Hang in there guys it should get fixed at some point.

Dotjosh: my backup of old servers get deduped with all the new servers that show up from steam.. then I de-dupe based on ip:port, then I try the steam protocol and gamespy protocol against it to figure out which one it is.

I had to get it out of my system, lol. All good now.  :ph34r:

edit: can't believe i'll ever say this, but - tried out DZL... aaand not going back. I had high hopes for DZC today, but favorites won't work and in order to find server (with most of server name chopped down) I have to refresh full list again, no thanks. Also I actually fell in love with cross version compatibility on DZL.  Still hats off to Josh for pulling off the update "kinda just in time", at least did the initial push for many servers, but for now, it's still unusable. No rant is intended, high respect for both authors, peace.

Kinda agree with you, anyway it's great to have some competition. Would be nice if in time they both get like an equal market share so if one goes down, the other can take over. It's nice that we actually got some real competition going. Should help to keep both at their best.

Maybe looking back on this it might not have been all that bad that Josh took his time updating Commander. Don't get me wrong, love the fact he did do the update (for the first time we actually got some *real* non invited players on today! yeah!), but i think it also made many of us realise we had to step up our game if we wanted to maintain or create a dedicated player base. The overall server quality (decent server management, fairness/activity of admins, regular updates, events, speed/fps, etc.) has been below-par and this may just have helped improving that.

Glad that DZC is back, but also glad we got DZL now. For the time being i'll stick to DZL, which got my sympathy vote for being absurdly quick coming up with a decent replacement :P

This about telling DZC your Epoch version by server name is ridiculous, if this is true, and i believe its not, i will completely drop attention to it and to any browser that do it, this is a clear apointment that the browser time ended up.

This about telling DZC your Epoch version by server name is ridiculous, if this is true, and i believe its not, i will completely drop attention to it and to any browser that do it, this is a clear apointment that the browser time ended up.

huh?

Telling your version name to dzc via server name has been the case since day 1