Official DayZLauncher Thread

domuk

My server doesn't even show up, when it's online, any idea on fixes?

Is it a dedicated server? are you on the steam beta? If so what ports are you using for for steam query and steam port and have you allowed them through your firewall? DZL lists new servers pretty fast so it should show rather quick.

Why in the F@#K has Maca been banned? He is one of the top contributors.  I am sure there is more to the story than what is being told.  Two sides to every story but unfortunately we can't hear what he wishes to say since he's been banned.  I can't comment more on the DCMA because I don't know the facts. Nor does anyone else frankly, so let it rest.

I'll probably get a ban for this myself. . .

Between this drama and the GameSpy drama doesn't fair well for the community as a whole.  

it wouldn't be in BI's best interest to go after anyone.  DayZ, Epoch, etc has made their sales jump 400%+ and before these mods Arma / Arma 2 was lying on the digital death bed.  

Also the reason Maca isn't posting is because he's been banned for awhile now just figured i'd let you guys know that if you didn't.

DayZ Commander needs put back the ability to say where your Arma / Arma 2 OA files are located at. Some of us have multiple people using the same PC with steam.  I worked it out where one person can play then the other but it wasn't a walk in the park.  

I have to use DZL vs DZC  (DayZ Launcher / DayZCommander).  Josh keep working on it brother.  I'm not a fan of DZL.

It lists more due to listing offline servers as online :/ But as a whole it is getting there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E-mi2NCafA

Edit >> Looks like DZC isn't listing new servers as of new patch man I wish there was a 100% working launcher  :lol:

Why in the F@#K has Maca been banned? He is one of the top contributors.  I am sure there is more to the story than what is being told.  Two sides to every story but unfortunately we can't hear what he wishes to say since he's been banned.  I can't comment more on the DCMA because I don't know the facts. Nor does anyone else frankly, so let it rest.

He isn't banned :p he now posts under the user daylauncher

Want a hand down from that high horse ?

Anyone having a issue with DZL showing the wrong mod version on their server? mines Showing EPoch 1.0.5 when its a fresh install of 1.0.5.1 :huh:

If you post up your IP:PORT ill have it checked over for you to see whats going on.

I just updated my dayz launcher to the newest version prior to updating it was working fine like literally i was playing dayz earlier no problem now i try to launch my game and i get this. http://i.imgur.com/PAZ2ExB.png and i have no idea how to fix this. Something similar also happened to me on dayz commander a while back also and still havent found a fix.  http://i.imgur.com/rleBmYP.png?1 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jup

This needs to be fixed before I can suggest it to my players as an alternative to DZC, otherwise there's 2 scenarios:-

1. Duplicate mod folders taking up double the space needed

2. Players being tied to one launcher, should DZL support end, there'll be players who can't use other launchers due to their mod folders being incorrectly named

I dont think the next version has been released yet.

In other news, Dayz Launcher is still really slow for me (wasnt before), asked around and others are experiencing the same issue. My brother got it even worse then me, for me the application loads instant and then its slow/laggy on showing results and paging. For him it takes like 20/30 seconds for the application to load (only show empty grey screen first) and then its equally slow as mine on the resultlist.

Ever since updating to 0.0.0.6 it opens two copies of Arma.  One takes me to the server, the other just to Arma's main menu

If you own any of the DLC, make sure its installed fully. Run the install on the DLC again and it should fix that problem.

I dont think the next version has been released yet.

In other news, Dayz Launcher is still really slow for me (wasnt before), asked around and others are experiencing the same issue. My brother got it even worse then me, for me the application loads instant and then its slow/laggy on showing results and paging. For him it takes like 20/30 seconds for the application to load (only show empty grey screen first) and then its equally slow as mine on the resultlist.

The server its hosted on has taken a large hit with new people using it, Maca is looking in to new hardware to host it but its all out of pocket at this point.