Official DayZLauncher Thread

domuk

On 7/26/2014 at 7:12 PM, Richie said:

It would be nice to be able to manually add an IP/Port like DZC has, I tried searching for my favorites and could only find half of them.

If you put the server IP:PORT for the server in the search and then click the gold star next to the server. Clear the search and all your favorite servers will be at the top of the page.

On 7/26/2014 at 5:27 PM, stonXer said:

I'd like to click on the bottom part of the launcher without opening one of the links. (selecting the launcher when viewing another window and only the bottom is visible) :) (ping filter?)

Ping filter is on the request list.

A button to close the game added to the request list, also something that checks if the game is running already has been requested also.

Version 0.0.0.6 Released - Thread Updated
New - Auto Updater (http://puu.sh/axPS1/71fb81c5c4.png & http://puu.sh/axQ2T/2f3c45dd4b.png)
New - Mod Page Layour
New - Ping/Location Filters

New - Link your server on your website using dzl://IP:QueryPort to have people join your server from your website. E.G dzl://1.2.3.4:27016 when ran will load DZL and start you joining ingame

New - Checks for more than one instance of Arma, offers to close it.

Fixed - Launch(Quick) no longer loads the IP:PORT from the advanced page so it loads only the mods selected to and opens the game

Fixed - Server name/mod updated on refresh so you do not need to wait 5 minutes for it to update.

New version still doesn't recognise standard Epoch 1.0.5.1 installation.

Strange, not had any complaints, you got a server that isn't working that we can test to see why its not in the listing?

We can see in the database all the failed request servers, it would be good to see why its not picking up because we tested a vanilla build server out of all control panels using the torrent provided epoch files and ran it from a server desktop without any problems.

Strange, not had any complaints, you got a server that isn't working that we can test to see why its not in the listing?

We can see in the database all the failed request servers, it would be good to see why its not picking up because we tested a vanilla build server out of all control panels using the torrent provided epoch files and ran it from a server desktop without any problems.

No, on the mod install page, it says I haven't got Epoch 1.0.5.1 installed on my client even though the file paths to the directories are correct. Does it still rename the folder @dayz_epoch1051 ?

Oh, thats DayZ Commanders version, the way DayZ Launcher is doing version control with mods it to have the versions appended to the folder names. In all fairness thats not really a problem, just rename the folder manually or re-download it, people that are using DayZ Launcher don't need backwards compatibility with DayZ Commander as they are happy using a working server browser/tool.

Does anyone know why DayZ Commander is only showing 2000+ servers rather than the 4500+ that are actually running?

Oh, thats DayZ Commanders version, the way DayZ Launcher is doing version control with mods it to have the versions appended to the folder names. In all fairness thats not really a problem, just rename the folder manually or re-download it, people that are using DayZ Launcher don't need backwards compatibility with DayZ Commander as they are happy using a working server browser/tool.

Does anyone know why DayZ Commander is only showing 2000+ servers rather than the 4500+ that are actually running?

DZL still shows offline servers as online to me strange bug.

Bottom 2 servers are dead and have been for ages...

3d8a943910.png

also when going through the browser pages

14a515470c.png

I will add this to the list, if you click on the refresh button next to them and give it a few seconds do they then gray out or do they remain listed as active with a valid ping that isn't 99999. I will try to recreate this bug.

Think it is this.

New version still doesn't recognise standard Epoch 1.0.5.1 installation.

Yeah that sucks. I actually hacked around it to make both DZC and DZL work with just one installation.

In start type CMD and run as admin. Then use this command to create a folder shortcut for DZC to recognize Epoch (1051)

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch1051"

Obviously you wanna change the paths to suit yours.

Think it is this.

Yeah that sucks. I actually hacked around it to make both DZC and DZL work with just one installation.

In start type CMD and run as admin. Then use this command to create a folder shortcut for DZC to recognize Epoch (1051)

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch1051"

Heh this is daft why should we need to edit our installs? commander still dominates the dayz scene right now even tho it is really buggy. and on a side note looks like DZL lists 4000+ due to half of them not even being online.

DayZ Commander might still be used by a core group of people but DZL chooses to do its version control using the foldername+version number. Ill say this outright because in all fairness people moaning about this are just trolling for a response, if you are using DayZ Commander still why are you here complaining, just use DayZ commander and use it. If it works so well why are you on this thread and  trying to use two different tools to launch your game?

Pick a launcher and use it or put up with them being different <_< - People now have choice and in all fairness its nice not having one tool rule them all, at least DayZ Launcher is in active development and trying to make the effort to talk to its users.

DayZ Commander might still be used by a core group of people but DZL chooses to do its version control using the foldername+version number. I know that speaking your mind is not really aloud on the epoch forums if it doesn't confom with the inner circle but ill say this outright because in all fairness people moaning about this are just trolling for a responce, if you are using DayZ Commander still why are you here complaining, just use DayZ commander and piss off. If it works so well why are you on this thread and  trying to use two different tools to launch your game?

Pick a launcher and use it or put up with them being different <_< - People now have choice and in all fairness its nice not having one tool rule them all, at least DayZ Launcher is in active development and trying to make the effort to talk to its users.

I would actually use DayZ Launcher if it didn't change the "official" naming of the client files (Not DZC naming lol)

at least DayZ Launcher is in active development and trying to make the effort to talk to its users.

I tried the DZL today, and already had my doubts since it's the same playwith6 crap. Yes, DZC isn't optimal atm, but they dish out patch after patch so you should recall your statement that they aren't developing (which is easy to read between the lines).

Epoch , when installed from the epoch website, is a folder called "@Dayz_Epoch" and not some crap version number behind it which will cause 2.7+ Gb to be written NEXT TO THE OLD VERSION every time epoch updates.

KISS ! 

For the moment, the playwith6crap is worse then DZC, so i stick with DZC for this moment. I mean, which self respecting programmer would call his software "awesomium" ? Maybe a 12 year old.

At least I tried. And you like feedback right ? It SUCKS MORE THEN DZC.

I tried the DZL today, and already had my doubts since it's the same playwith6 crap. Yes, DZC isn't optimal atm, but they dish out patch after patch so you should recall your statement that they aren't developing (which is easy to read between the lines).

Epoch , when installed from the epoch website, is a folder called "@Dayz_Epoch" and not some crap version number behind it which will cause 2.7+ Gb to be written NEXT TO THE OLD VERSION every time epoch updates.

KISS ! 

For the moment, the playwith6crap is worse then DZC, so i stick with DZC for this moment. I mean, which self respecting programmer would call his software "awesomium" ? Maybe a 12 year old.

At least I tried. And you like feedback right ? It SUCKS MORE THEN DZC.

These guys? http://www.awesomium.com/

@admin/mod: Think one of my legit posts got deleted/hidden in the removal of the little flame dom and taytay had. Please restore it if you can (ID: 110369), if not no worries.

(Delete this when you read it)

DayZ Commander might still be used by a core group of people but DZL chooses to do its version control using the foldername+version number. I know that speaking your mind is not really aloud on the epoch forums if it doesn't confom with the inner circle but ill say this outright because in all fairness people moaning about this are just trolling for a responce, if you are using DayZ Commander still why are you here complaining, just use DayZ commander and piss off. If it works so well why are you on this thread and  trying to use two different tools to launch your game?

re posted due to a mod deleting it (wtf....)

All I said was.....

I came here to point out some bugs with the launcher so you guys could fix them..

It's not my fault you got your knickers in a twist because I said DZC still dominates the DayZ scene.

The issue with renaming of the mods is a pain that is all :(

The more i use DZL the more i like it :)

DZC and DZL both work fine but DZL is showing me far more servers, DZC lists 2404 servers, DZL lists 4336 servers.

I like to be able to copy the IP/Port from DZL so i can paste it in my TS3 server or forum etc,so i can tell my group what server i'm on but reading it manually isn't a big deal.

The more i use DZL the more i like it :)

DZC and DZL both work fine but DZL is showing me far more servers, DZC lists 2404 servers, DZL lists 4336 servers.

I like to be able to copy the IP/Port from DZL so i can paste it in my TS3 server or forum etc,so i can tell my group what server i'm on but reading it manually isn't a big deal.

It lists more due to listing offline servers as online :/ But as a whole it is getting there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E-mi2NCafA

Edit >> Looks like DZC isn't listing new servers as of new patch man I wish there was a 100% working launcher  :lol: