Official DayZLauncher Thread

domuk

Just so you guys know, DotJosh has dayz.st's best interest in mind with DZC. So don't play that whole "Maca is a server hoster" bullcrap anymore :)

It's a legitimate concern. Whether or not it is something that would happen is another story. Personally I'd like to assume that people would be above such pettiness, but nothing in life is set in stone. One must always consider the possibilities. That being said, I'll still have players from my server use the program if they wish, though I'll be using a batch file to connect myself.

Just so you guys know, DotJosh has dayz.st's best interest in mind with DZC. So don't play that whole "Maca is a server hoster" bullcrap anymore :)

dayz.st is a host just like vilayer.... vilayer isn't the issue with DZL its the fact a money making licence breaking community is behind it.

Who cares? The launcher works just fine. Leave his community out of it.

I care along with other server owners. This dude needs player numbers to keep his cash coming in until BI comes down on him hard.

The possibility of manipulation is there. Who's to say it doesn't get patched into a ccg launcher one day lol. 

The guy is already a rule breaker so why the fuck would I trust him...

I care along with other server owners. This dude needs player numbers to keep his cash coming in until BI comes down on him hard.

The possibility of manipulation is there. Who's to say it doesn't get patched into a ccg launcher one day lol. 

The guy is already a rule breaker so why the fuck would I trust him...

I'm not saying you have to trust him but I haven't seen anything bad come of it thus far. He complied with awol and axle to remove the CCG branding that way the community can use his launcher. Also 80% of the people on this website break the rules everyday so I guess you can't really trust anyone then?

I'm not saying you have to trust him but I haven't seen anything bad come of it thus far. He complied with awol and axle to remove the CCG branding that way the community can use his launcher. Also 80% of the people on this website break the rules everyday so I guess you can't really trust anyone then?

I couldn't give a shit about other people as there not trying to push a new launcher into to community..

Yeah nothing bad yet.... That's the problem what happens if it becomes the new DZC Hundreds of thousands of players using it and he thinks fuck it update time and oh look CCG branding all over it again....

So then it gets removed off epoch site...That doesn't matter  its already dominating out in the wild.. Whats to stop the possibility of it happening.

I couldn't give a shit about other people as there not trying to push a new launcher into to community..

Yeah nothing bad yet.... That's the problem what happens if it becomes the new DZC Hundreds of thousands of players using it and he thinks fuck it update time and oh look CCG branding all over it again....

So then it gets removed off epoch site...That doesn't matter  its already dominating out in the wild.. Whats to stop the possibility of it happening.

Nothing to stop him doing it, the community has to trust Maca to deliver a product that is unbiased for it's life.

#notinhat, people are on your payroll as well but you also blatantly break the rules with your humanity as a donation option.

200_s.gif

Optional perk for donating, my admins or myself get no money from the donations, it all goes back into the running costs, but you already got your blood for that right?

Optional perk for donating, my admins or myself get no money from the donations, it all goes back into the running costs, but you already got your blood for that right?

I sure did. BI still considered it illegal so I am not too sure why its still on your site if you pride yourself on being better then maca's ccg community?

Because it's optional for the player, it's not forced on them, they're not donating for humanity, a pre fab base, a custom loadout or other BS, they're donating to the server and as a goodwill gesture we ask if they'd like some humanity. How you, they or anyone interprets that is anyone's guess.

I'm not sure why you guys are bothering speaking about in game purchases and crap like that. Personally I don't care who breaks rules and sells crap on their server, I'm not buying, if others choose too, that's up to them. Now in regards to it being brought up about maca, once again, I don't care if he does or not, but I think the point others are trying to make in regards to it is... With this launcher being pushed, and him in full control of it, what happens if he encounters competition which starts drawing players away from his servers? Is it possible he'll be a dick and remove that server from the listings on the launcher he operates? Yes... Hopefully it wouldn't happen, but that's simply the major point I see trying to be made here, it's possible, which is resulting in a number of personal attacks based on speaking openly about the possibilities of things that could very well occur.

You guys should stick to discussion on the launcher, and stop attacking one another.

Because it's optional for the player, it's not forced on them, they're not donating for humanity, a pre fab base, a custom loadout or other BS, they're donating to the server and as a goodwill gesture we ask if they'd like some humanity. How you, they or anyone interprets that is anyone's guess.

While I understand that and agree with you and its not up to me but BI still considered it against their licensing regardless. But I said my 2 cents and done with that subject.

Just to clear this up, there was no DMCA request issued, it was simply a request forwarded to have the link removed as maca has no way of posting on the forum. I also reported it to AWOL who has spoken to me and removed it. This whole threads gone off topic, if you are not here to download and use the launcher simply walk away and stop complaining. You can always go make your own launcher or use some easy to maintain batch files B)

I have to post all this on Macas behalf as he cannot post on here because of his status, even when banned hes still helping the community which his free scripts and tools. At least hes making an effort, where is dotjosh in all of this drama, hes huddled away and not talking to posting to anyone because he either has no idea what hes doing or has given up with DZC.

I beg to differ

fa8440ac9eb0b21a98813c6ce6d64ddf.png

hambeast need to be banned for trying to steal other works...yet he is here...  Double standard on this forums.

I also beg to differ... 

2e012a53956576490c5a8b6adae1dffd.png

Read that last bit, if anything my posting of the source and my analysis was positive.  I reported that no malicious code was found in my initial research as well as confirming that the code was not stolen or mis-attributed.  Yes I did bring up concerns about conflicts of interest and yes I did bring up licensing concerns but since this software is not commercial I see no reason why my posting of the source does not fall under fair use.

I also beg to differ... 

Read that last bit, if anything my posting of the source and my analysis was positive.  I reported that no malicious code was found in my initial research as well as confirming that the code was not stolen or mis-attributed.  Yes I did bring up concerns about conflicts of interest and yes I did bring up licensing concerns but since this software is not commercial I see no reason why my posting of the source does not fall under fair use.

Very good post, kudos.

I beg to differ

fa8440ac9eb0b21a98813c6ce6d64ddf.png

I also beg to differ... 

So if it was considered fair use then why did Mega choose to agree with the DMCA request and pull the link?

So if it was considered fair use then why did Mega choose to agree with the DMCA request and pull the link?

Most likely because big fat Kim is currently in the middle of a copywrong war with the US of A for his now defunct MU service :P I doubt he wants a 2nd go.

Also unless the launcher is actully registered and copywrited then sending out false DMCA notices is against the law, but that only applies to mericans, outside the USA it's not actully law.

But all of this is completely off topic and irrelevant, the fact is Maca made a launcher and it works :) DZC is now outdated, so use Macas new tool or don't but this bullshit thread is just childish.