Extremely unstable FPS after 112555 update

Cornholio

Hello.

I'm actively playing on a server called Random DayZ Bullshittery and after the 112555 update, I'm having some serious FPS drops constantly in this server. Apparently no one else on this server is having FPS issues except me. I think either all of them extremely good setups or very crappy ones that they can't tell a difference.

Before the update, i was steady at 40, sometimes 50 fps. I have done several settings in config files and in launch parameters to get this fps. Even in cities, I could go between 30-40 fps, no problem. After the update, I'm between 30-35. And I could be located anywhere on the map. The biggest issue tho is every 2-3 seconds, the fps drops instantly to 20-25 or 25-30 or even 10-15 depending on where I am, and goes straight back up to 30-35. And this feels very choppy and ruins it visually and ruins the gameplay. I could never survive a fight with this.

Does anyone know what I can do? I have cleaned my computer, defraged it, the configs are still the best I can get it to.
Now the weird part is, I join other epoch servers and other napf servers that has more traffic, I get a way better fps. Most give me 40-60 or 35-45 but most importantly, It's stable at these servers.

So, what could have cause this? I'm a regular at this server and don't want to leave it.

I have the exact same problem, micro stuttering galore on this map. I also play on Random DayZ Bullshitery. Not on Chernarus, just Napf. I have a video of the issue but this forum doesn't have an option to embed a YouTube video so I won't bother uploading it.

you can embed youtube videos here, seen it on multiple how-to posts.

Here's a helpful diagram:

CuZFYWL.pngI think it's a server-side problem, that "FPS a priority" is  a lie.

It isnt a lie.  Why would I lie about it?

What that means is that I keep mods to a minimum & immediately remove something if it causes fps issues.

EG: FPS > Mods.  Hence it's a priority.

I have the exact same problem, micro stuttering galore on this map. I also play on Random DayZ Bullshitery. Not on Chernarus, just Napf. I have a video of the issue but this forum doesn't have an option to embed a YouTube video so I won't bother uploading it.

If it's unique to my server I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.  Until you two came along (rob / cornholio), nobody had complained at all about stuttering or FPS.

I run a minimal set of mods:

DZAI (with default missions, waiting on ZFM)

Deploy anything

Vehicle Trading

Recover Skin (the one that puts em in your inventory)

Snap Pro

I've got a custom loadout script i've cobbled together myself, but it's just a single sqf that gives donators a custom skin.

I also pay for the best hosting I can buy.

The server report gets spammed with the usual BS from DZAI, I occasionally get network message pending errors but this has been much better since taking the maxping down to 350.

If it's unique to my server I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.  Until you two came along (rob / cornholio), nobody had complained at all about stuttering or FPS.

I run a minimal set of mods:

DZAI (with default missions, waiting on ZFM)

Deploy anything

Vehicle Trading

Recover Skin (the one that puts em in your inventory)

Snap Pro

I've got a custom loadout script i've cobbled together myself, but it's just a single sqf that gives donators a custom skin.

I also pay for the best hosting I can buy.

The server report gets spammed with the usual BS from DZAI, I occasionally get network message pending errors but this has been much better since taking the maxping down to 350.

Got an rtp to check?

Still seem to be getting a bit of this:

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:57 not found (message 99)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:58 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:55 not found (message 98)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:56 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:60 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:59 not found (message 98)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:62 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:61 not found (message 98)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:64 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:63 not found (message 99)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:66 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:65 not found (message 99)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:67 not found (message 98)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:68 not found (message 91)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:69 not found (message 99)
15:39:01 Server: Object 23:70 not found (message 91)
15:39:19 Server: Object 23:139 not found (message 94)

Still seem to be getting a bit of this:

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:57 not found (message 99)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:58 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:55 not found (message 98)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:56 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:60 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:59 not found (message 98)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:62 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:61 not found (message 98)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:64 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:63 not found (message 99)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:66 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:65 not found (message 99)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:67 not found (message 98)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:68 not found (message 91)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:69 not found (message 99)

15:39:01 Server: Object 23:70 not found (message 91)

15:39:19 Server: Object 23:139 not found (message 94)

That is the server cleaning up zombies from what I've read

I'm at loss as well. How can it be only your server and only after update? This is so odd..
Everything was completely fine until this update.

Is there any debug tools or stuff I can do to give information what's happening when I'm on the server??

EDIT: Temporarily forgot what you wrote cramps. I'll get in the server and reply.

I'm happy to announce that my FPS is now excellent. I'm stable between 50-60 FPS on the server.

Whatever you did cramps, it fixed it for me. You have my deepest thanks.

Cheers

Hmmmmm, what did you do cramps? I`ve noticed same fps drops when i leave a city like muttenz. i think it`s a sign of no good zombiecleaning.

I didnt do much.  Changed to WAI for less rpt spam, which worked.  There was a new infistar update.  Maybe that helped.  Perhaps rebooting your pc helped.  Perhaps some sunspot activity.  Who knows?  Dayz is weird.  Arma 2 is weird.

At least you posted so people don't think me typing "fps a priority" in my server tag is some kind of bildeburg conspiricy or a phat lie maed up by a b4d adm1n.

Happy your slight fps drops are solved.

The major FPS issues caused by servers is the Bandwidth..

As soon as the bandwidth drops below 100 for some players you will get insanely low FPS. a simple serverrestart helps in this case.. most likely admins on normal dedicated machines forget to set up their basic.cfg to their specs.

The server Min and Max Bandwidth must be very high to perform good FPS!

But also the most gameserver are sitting on a coalition of VPS or even the same dedicated machine (depends on the hoster)

this means that you will get a good inet connection in relation to the other servers on your machine (5 server running on the same coalition and you will have some good fun ;) )

this is probably the main reason for "random" drops if your connectivity drops, its mostly because another user of the coalition is doing something like downloading or simply hosting another gameserver

I mentioned this problem on my server today, there was this one guy only having 5 fps and directly after restart all about 35+, this isnt all about cleanups for sure, otherwise you should google for more strict cleanups, since they are there to help in such cases

an example would be this one: http://opendayz.net/threads/release-cleanup-v2.19605/