[How to/Update] Snap Build Pro W/ Admin Fast Build + Upgrade and Extra RC Building system

• 3 weeks later...

1.4.1 Update is on github, I made a mistake that caused a large issue with snapping not working all together, issue is now resolved I highly recommend you all update now if you haven't done so, if you were having issues in getting snapping working after first trying this out in the last 2-3 weeks that'll be the cause! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

So, (prepare for a bit of reading) everyone has been posting in both raymix's thread and WGC GeekGarage's thread about whether Admin Fast Build/Upgrade can be included into Snap Build Pro, I decided I was going to look into the matter, it took me some time to get it worked out so i present to you, Snap Build Pro with Admin Instant Build/Upgrade.

I have this after i try to build

5SMEOJyMQh4.jpg

If i dissable 20m check so i dont see where i spawn building things

b_560_95_1.png

I have this after i try to build

If i dissable 20m check so i dont see where i spawn building things

Are you placing the object and walking away from it to look from a alternate view? The radius was increased for the extra buildables such as castle gates, I've not noticed any negative effects on my servers, what variant are you using?

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have tried to install this multiple times but im having an issue when i try to build with it saying " you must have a plot pole within 50m" But i am right next to the plot pole. Not sure why it is doing this. I am using the 3rd version of your build snap pro,plot 4 life, indestructables and vector building.

Now when i go into admin and turn on no plotpole it allows me to use snap pro. Also how do i tell if pp4l is working as well as vector building? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Anybody? Sorry if my initial post wasn't clear, Basically when i put a plot pole down, I try to build and it prompts me saying " You must have a plot pole within 50m". Any idea as to why this is happening? I have confirmed snap pro works when i run "No Plotpole" In my Infistar admin tools. I am running the 3rd option with snap pro, a plot for life, indestructable items, and vector building. 

Does anybody have any suggestions as to possibly how i can fix this issue? Should i try a different version of your script, Maybe the second version without vector building? Any information would be really appreciated. I have been wrestling with this issue for the past couple days. Thanks.

Anybody? Sorry if my initial post wasn't clear, Basically when i put a plot pole down, I try to build and it prompts me saying " You must have a plot pole within 50m". Any idea as to why this is happening? I have confirmed snap pro works when i run "No Plotpole" In my Infistar admin tools. I am running the 3rd option with snap pro, a plot for life, indestructable items, and vector building. 

Does anybody have any suggestions as to possibly how i can fix this issue? Should i try a different version of your script, Maybe the second version without vector building? Any information would be really appreciated. I have been wrestling with this issue for the past couple days. Thanks.

Hiya sorry for the delay, whats your IP/port, i'll log in and check it out for you, you need to make sure you follow the rest of the steps for each variant i.e make sure you head over to the indestructible items for 1051 guide and install that skipping player_build steps, same for P4L and build vectors etc etc also to verify P4L and vectors are saving in the DB correctly you'll need to look for this on objects in the "Worldspace" field ["349.649536","[4701.495605,13454.0927734,-0.165802]",[[-0.18,0.984,0],[0,0,1]],"76561198089035592"]

To break it down for you

Direction and position (Standard)

["349.649536","[4701.495605,13454.0927734,-0.165802]",

Vector direction etc (Build Vectors)

[[-0.18,0.984,0],[0,0,1]],

Player UID (P4L)

"76561198089035592"]

This is a extract from my Chernarus server of a metal floor on my personal base here which uses vectors and i do also run P4L on my servers which the system works flawlessly on

Hiya sorry for the delay, whats your IP/port, i'll log in and check it out for you, you need to make sure you follow the rest of the steps for each variant i.e make sure you head over to the indestructible items for 1051 guide and install that skipping player_build steps, same for P4L and build vectors etc etc also to verify P4L and vectors are saving in the DB correctly you'll need to look for this on objects in the "Worldspace" field ["349.649536","[4701.495605,13454.0927734,-0.165802]",[[-0.18,0.984,0],[0,0,1]],"76561198089035592"]

To break it down for you

Direction and position (Standard)

["349.649536","[4701.495605,13454.0927734,-0.165802]",

Vector direction etc (Build Vectors)

[[-0.18,0.984,0],[0,0,1]],

Player UID (P4L)

"76561198089035592"]

This is a extract from my Chernarus server of a metal floor on my personal base here which uses vectors and i do also run P4L on my servers which the system works flawlessly on

Thank you for the response, My initial thoughts were this was a "Combination" type script like a 4 in 1 so to say. So from what i gather from your post i need to basically do the steps to install the 3 other features, Those being a plot for life, building vectors, and indestructable.

I think i know what you mean, So i am gonna go ahead and try that and see what happens. If for some reason it doesn't work out for me, It would be awesome if you could check out my work. Which is probably not the greatest lol, Being that this is the first time i have ever set up a server. I'll check back with ya soon to see if the issue is resolved. Thank you a bunch i really appreciate it.

Do you have the WG_adminBuild defined in your init? When you don't do that it tends to fuck up the entire building system.

Besides that I don't have any ideas as it's working fine for me =/

Yeah, I did define that in the Init.sqf file. I checked over my work multiple times, In fact, I started completely over with a good nights rest with a "Fresh" Set of eyes so to say, I thought maybe i was a bit too tired when i tried to set it up. But my work checked out fine :( Hopefully because of your post as well as KamikazeXeX suggestions i hope i am able to figure it out, Thank you.

So i found this so far as you mentioned KamikazeXeX,

I also plan to find the plot 4 life and vector building steps like you mentioned.Basically i just need to know where to start as far as the modifications to the files like init.sqf and all that go.

So from my understanding, I ignore player_build.sqf, player_upgrade.sqf, player_buildingDowngrade.sqf files But follow the rest of the instructions?

Sorry for the noobish questions.

So far with no prior experience i have got snap pro 1.41, Self blood bag, Custom load out, Enhanced spawn selection, Enhanced Vehicle deployment, Axecops refuel rearm repair, Zupa's coin system V3, No overburden, DZAI, DZMS, WAI Mission systems with an AI City so far. This is set up on a GTX Gaming 40 slot Overpoch Chenarus server.

For some reason this last script has really gave me a hard time lol. I plan on getting it working today hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you planning on a build vectors version with adminbuild but without p4l? :D

Wondering if I could get some guidance on this as well. AP4L is a nightmare to install with my host's directory structure and I've skipped it entirely until I can find a way to get it to work. I've tried diffmerge but gave up a few files in as the differences in your files and my host's files were too vast for me to make much sense of. I'm running raymix's SnapPro-BuildVectors here: (https://github.com/strikerforce/SnapPro-BuildVectors) without P4L obviously. 

Any chance I can get this to work? I think I had it working before without vectors without any issues, but I've done this over and over again so many times I forgot, haha. 

Appreciate any help I can get. 

edit:

Manged to get the ExtraRc for building to work with some sloppy diffmerge work with player_build.sqf from snappro+a, but it will build with just the cinderblocks RC option to run player_build.sqf. Not sure how to get it to check for parts like epoch code does. Disappears after I place it too. 

class ExtraRc {
 //   class 30m_plot_kit {
 //       class Test1 {
 //           text = "Test 1";
 //           script = "hint ""Test 1 was clicked!"";";
 //       };
 //       class Test2 {
 //           text = "Test 2";
 //           script = "hint ""Test 1 was clicked!"";";
 //       };
 //   };
//};
 class CinderBlocks {
  class menuItem1 {
    text = "Craft Fallout Shelter";
    script = "[""Land_MBG_HeavyShelter"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool""],[[""CinderBlocks"", 6],[""metal_floor_kit"", 1],[""PartGlass"", 1],[""MortarBucket"", 1]],[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf"";";
  };
 };
};

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i simply cant get this to work for fast build....i persume the fast build is where when your id is in the wg admin and you press space to build and its there instant without any steps or animation and keeps thre item in your inventory so that you only need one of them and can use it mutiple times.....or is that another mod and thats why i cant get it to work thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm trying to install this update but I can't get it to work.

I don't have P4L but I do have BuildVect so I tried using the SnapPro+A+P4L+Inde+BuildVect files.

When I try to use vectors I get this error in my client rpt: Warning Message: Script custom\dayz_code\actions\player_vectorChange.sqf not found

Is this because I don't have Plot4life?

Thank you.