Ideas for cool events?

bFe

I'm not an admin but I enjoy events like...

Hunger games - all players unarmed in a circle with a giant stash of melee weapons in the middle. Last survivor wins. Best on a small island or closed in space.

Hunting or fishing - whoever catches the most within one hour wins. Bonus for most tuna / most rare meat.

Red Baron - spawn those slow biplanes with MGs and whoever takes down the admins aircraft wins. Once the admin's aircraft is disabled the players dogfight until only one survivor remains. Small bonus if last survivor lands the plane well.

The amazing (not-so-gay) race - Players navigate by foot to a known location then once arrived are given a hint to the finish line in another location. No maps, GPS, or compass allowed makes it funny sometimes since some players tend to follow each other even if they're clearly going the wrong way. Maybe add vehicles at the first checkpoint that don't have gps to allow players to get lost faster :)

PVP events - I'm a fan of PVP events with pistols, shotguns, melee weapons, crossbows, and any other weapon the makes killing a challenge. Gotta admit my favorite PVP is one on one crowbar fights :P

***If mortars are available that would be awesome imo. Teams of 2-3 equipped with a mortar tube & a tripod, all equipped with a machete and binocs/rangefinder. The third team mate would be the defender, a second spotter and ammo bearer with a spare mortar tube. The second would be spotter and carry the tripod. The first player would fire mortars and carry the mortar tube.

We used to do the that in ArmA2 and it's kind like playing the board game Battleship as a team. It's a real challenge, especially without any other weapons.

I'm not an admin but I enjoy events like...

Hunger games - all players unarmed in a circle with a giant stash of melee weapons in the middle. Last survivor wins. Best on a small island or closed in space.

Hunting or fishing - whoever catches the most within one hour wins. Bonus for most tuna / most rare meat.

Red Baron - spawn those slow biplanes with MGs and whoever takes down the admins aircraft wins. Once the admin's aircraft is disabled the players dogfight until only one survivor remains. Small bonus if last survivor lands the plane well.

The amazing (not-so-gay) race - Players navigate by foot to a known location then once arrived are given a hint to the finish line in another location. No maps, GPS, or compass allowed makes it funny sometimes since some players tend to follow each other even if they're clearly going the wrong way. Maybe add vehicles at the first checkpoint that don't have gps to allow players to get lost faster :)

PVP events - I'm a fan of PVP events with pistols, shotguns, melee weapons, crossbows, and any other weapon the makes killing a challenge. Gotta admit my favorite PVP is one on one crowbar fights :P

***If mortars are available that would be awesome imo. Teams of 2-3 equipped with a mortar tube & a tripod, all equipped with a machete and binocs/rangefinder. The third team mate would be the defender, a second spotter and ammo bearer with a spare mortar tube. The second would be spotter and carry the tripod. The first player would fire mortars and carry the mortar tube.

We used to do the that in ArmA2 and it's kind like playing the board game Battleship as a team. It's a real challenge, especially without any other weapons.

We have done a hunger games event on one of the small islands of tavi multiple times. Players enjoyed it very much.

Fishing event sounds good, might try that out in the future.

I put up a message to meet at an airfield or a street with No gear/packs etc. with the following:

Illegal "Drag" racing. 

Then I use player morph to turn everyone into hookers or damsels and have them do 100 meter dash. 

I also use player morph to turn everyone into rabbits in a field and the last one alive wins.

I always give out attendance prizes as well.

I put up a message to meet at an airfield or a street with No gear/packs etc. with the following:

Illegal "Drag" racing. 

Then I use player morph to turn everyone into hookers or damsels and have them do 100 meter dash. 

I also use player morph to turn everyone into rabbits in a field and the last one alive wins.

I always give out attendance prizes as well.

This sounds awesome. lol.