Did you wipe your server before updating to Steam Patch 125548?

DY357LX

Question

Our server provider is claiming that, if we want to update to the new Steam patch, a wipe of the server (but not the database) is required.

What will happen is we will delete your server, create you a new one ( Using The Same IP And Port ) this ensures your new ports are set correctly.
We will then take your Database Backup which we exported from your current server and then import it into your new server.

Can anyone shed some on light on whether this is 100% necessary? Is it standard practice?

I applied 125548 to my local test server pretty quickly and all of the mods seem to work fine. (Granted we only have 6/7.)

I'm not attempting to give our provider any grief or anything, I just want to know more about the update process.

If it gets wiped, that's fine because I know our backed-up files work fine on 125548 from local testing. I'll just re-upload them.

9 answers to this question

If you have a dedi server and not hosted then no not required. However as I know which provider you are with (as I am with the same one) it is to do with their TC admin panel. Unfortunately we just have to wait. I have personally shut my server down as there is no point having it even on as my backed up DB is for Epoch / Overwatch / Origins combined and not vanilla Epoch. Also can't be arsed to upload Overwatch & Origins again as no doubt once they are able to get extra addons allowed it will involve a server wipe any way!

Got to admit, so far I am very unimpressed by the quality and professionalism of said host..... Tempting to go back to my former who are twice as expensive but I know their system would of allowed you to be on the steam update without the need for the support staff to do it manually on all servers!!

Pry

Thanks for the feedback PryMary.

It's looking like a reinstall of OverpOch for us. Meh. Could be worse I guess.

I have no problems with the host or their features/support. I just get the impress they only have 1 person doing everything (updates, replying to emails, etc)

for their DayZ customers and it's slowly but surely getting to them. I'm surprised they haven't snapped at me yet. (I ask a lot of questions because I like understanding

these things.)

The only I don't like is them telling their forums users to pay one of their forum regulars to install mods. Every other server provider says "We don't support ANY mods,

do some reading up on the subject but we'll let you install them yourselves if you feel like a challenge."

I'

you have to pay to have server mods installed!! LMFAO!!! I would rather do it myself... At least I learn something and know where everything is incase it all goes down the sh**ter ;-)

I am in the same thoughts as you, I too think it is a support staff of one (1 Person) as all tickets are responded to by the same guy... Kinda worrying tbh

Pry

you have to pay to have server mods installed!! LMFAO!!! I would rather do it myself... At least I learn something and know where everything is incase it all goes down the sh**ter ;-)

Pry

You don't have too, but their DayZ staffer seems to actively encourage it.

I can understand them wanting to lighten the work-load a little but surely a wiki or FAQ or some guides or something would be better.

Yes that's right nobody is forced to seek out "forum member" and this has already been discussed in detail between "forum member" and "provider manager". "forum member" is actually staff now and working in conjunction with "provider" to get you all some really cool features so you don't have to pay "forum member" anymore.

"forum member" is only continuing up until the release date of "providers" new releases and features. Upon this release "forum member" will stop what "forum member" is doing and continue to provide support but the bill will be taken care of by the "provider".

Know-one is trying to lighten any load as "provider" has made it clear they do not support mods, yet.

I am in the same thoughts as you, I too think it is a support staff of one (1 Person) as all tickets are responded to by the same guy... Kinda worrying tbh

Pry

"forum member" agrees with you, which is why "forum member" also used to offer lessons and tutoring if a customer so requested.

"forum member" mainly was aimed at those that did not wish to learn/didn't have the time. And as you can see by "forum members" community. "forum member" has done quite well so far".

You're telling me!!! They had to reinstall all 200+ of their servers creating an absolute shit storm of complaints.

Honestly I have given up with them and refuse to even start my server. I'm gonna go right ahead and state right now... Do NOT rent a server from GTX Gaming. By far the most incompetent GSP I have ever come across except for DayZ.st they are on par with those retards.

Pry