Server Live Map

linuxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im trying to get this to work with sauerland but dont fully understand what to put in the map.txt file

on the github i found this info but im not sure what to put for origo x and y

Here is an example map.txt with comments (Do not add comments in the map.txt otherwise it will not work!)

maps/chernarus.jpg // the map file that is loaded.
1234 // image width in pixels
4321 // image height in pixels
100 // origo X offset in meters, origo means coordinates 0,0
30 // origo Y offset in meters
1000 // map X size in meters, these can be found in the dayz database
1000 // map Y size in meters

Just a suggestion for the backend connectivity.

Why not have a seperate table in the DB with triggers replicating the data from object_data (presumabily where the positional and idem data is coming from).  Setup a new MySQL user account with only access to this new table and use this new user account for connectivity between the webserver and the DB.

Not so hard to setup and prevents anyone who manages to hack the webserver gaining access to the admin DB details strictly limiting the amount of damage they can do on the DB.

If this tool only reads the data (i.e. no writes) then further restict the new accounts access to 'select' statements etc.  The DB side can be setup with a .sql script file that the user can run against their DB.  They then just have to change their new users password and do the rest of the install as normal using this DB account and they should be good to go.

I can probably help provide the code if needed when I get a little time.

RB

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion for the backend connectivity.

Why not have a seperate table in the DB with triggers replicating the data from object_data (presumabily where the positional and idem data is coming from).  Setup a new MySQL user account with only access to this new table and use this new user account for connectivity between the webserver and the DB.

Not so hard to setup and prevents anyone who manages to hack the webserver gaining access to the admin DB details strictly limiting the amount of damage they can do on the DB.

If this tool only reads the data (i.e. no writes) then further restict the new accounts access to 'select' statements etc.  The DB side can be setup with a .sql script file that the user can run against their DB.  They then just have to change their new users password and do the rest of the install as normal using this DB account and they should be good to go.

I can probably help provide the code if needed when I get a little time.

RB

Or you could just create a new user account with only the SELECT permission on the live DB. If someone "hacks" the site (either through injection, or whatever) they would only have access to read.

GRANT SELECT  ON `Live_DB_Epoch`.* TO 'epoch_website_user'@'%';

Just my 2 cents...

New Version is up!

Fixed the tool tip on hidden vehicles or players from poping up

Made the tool tips easier to understand with better formatting

Changed the install procedure, check the new config.php!!

Screenshot or it didn't happen!

gCA7BWy.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Installed this evening and followed the instructions for the config.

The page loads without a map. There are three icons in the upper left corner; a red person, a red vehicle, and a green tent. Below that is a line of text which says: Refresh failed: [iOErrorEvent type=ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032]

I believe that my server is setup correctly as I have used it for other php based websites, but anything is possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...