Dear survivors, 

I have been playing epoch for about 2 years now, and im really experienced with it. I have been admin on two server and mod on many server. And now its time to begin my own server. I bought one with a friend and he coded the admin menu in it and some other stuff, but now the problem is we can't get the server turned on and able to join for anyone, not even ourself? It isn't showing up on DayZCommander either.. we bought it around 12 hours ago, and i did see another topic where it said it can take 24 hours for the server to be provisioned.. what do they mean by this and does anyone know any solutions for it? 

Thanks for reading this and i'm hoping for someone to help us, cheers.  ^_^

DayzCommander isn't working anymore, Use the new DayzLauncher. Or go in the Ingame Mulitplayer section of Arma OA and filter on your server.

And you will receive several emails from Vilayer after you purchased a DayzPackage, just read them and it will be clear. Normally when you rent a server from Vilayer it takes 1 hour for the server to be up and running.

DayzCommander works with all servers for me, and if i try to join with the multiplayer section. I get a message popping up that it couldn't resolve the hostname? 

DZC is working! Its just not working with server that make use of the new steam beta patches. As a customor of vilayer, your server probably running on a beta patch above 112555 which means that your server communicates its existence to steam instead to gamespy. Sadly, that means that your server will not show up in DZC.

I could explain the whole situation and what you can do about it and so on, but I rather recommend reading all the threads about it.

Here are just a few:

Not sure if you have the possibility to roll back with a vilayer server. If not, I recommend using another GSP. Maybe VertHosting or something alone that line. Heard they are ok, but guess what. There are also threads about that:

Question: It can take 24 hours for the server to be provisioned, means that Vilayer is setting up your server. When finished you receive the mail as below: The server only works when you get this message.....

Hello Externized,

We are happy to inform you that your new DayZ Package Server has finished installing and is now ready for use.

Before you start setting up your server we suggest watching our DayZ Package guide that will walk you through the configuration. It covers all the basics so you will know where to begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYS3YHVlO0

Feel free to browse our Youtube channel for other videos that explain all the different pieces of your DayZ Package server.

Question: It can take 24 hours for the server to be provisioned, means that Vilayer is setting up your server. When finished you receive the mail as below: The server only works when you get this message.....

Hello Externized,

We are happy to inform you that your new DayZ Package Server has finished installing and is now ready for use.

Before you start setting up your server we suggest watching our DayZ Package guide that will walk you through the configuration. It covers all the basics so you will know where to begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYS3YHVlO0

Feel free to browse our Youtube channel for other videos that explain all the different pieces of your DayZ Package server.

I can't watch the video

DZC is working! Its just not working with server that make use of the new steam beta patches. As a customor of vilayer, your server probably running on a beta patch above 112555 which means that your server communicates its existence to steam instead to gamespy. Sadly, that means that your server will not show up in DZC.

I could explain the whole situation and what you can do about it and so on, but I rather recommend reading all the threads about it.

Here are just a few:

Not sure if you have the possibility to roll back with a vilayer server. If not, I recommend using another GSP. Maybe VertHosting or something alone that line. Heard they are ok, but guess what. There are also threads about that:

Well, i spend 25 Euro at vilayer, is there any way to get it refunded back on my paypal? 

so is there any way that vilayer will give my money back? 

Dunno. You'd need to ask them.

Just a couple thoughts though:

1) In the changelog for 1.0.5.2: 

[iNFO] (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) Server owners MUST update their required build and beta to 125548

It seems you'll need to update to the latest versions pretty soon anyway.

2) Unless DotJosh actually updates DZC to be Steam-compatible, no servers above v1.63.112555 will show up anymore.

Didn't work at all, after that someone from the support helped me setting it up and even he couldn't get it fixed. I didn't even get a refund so now i lost 25 Euro to it. I bought one on Dayz.st and that server was online in 2 minutes, fully configured in 1-3 days, perfect!