The DEAD of night

CartoonrBOY

Afraid of the DayZ DARK?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of the dark in DayZ?

For me DayZ is best played at night; that is within the game. Although I do too play at night, mostly. It is apparently preferable to play daytime hours, the reasons are obvious and many. But with fog, ambient lighting and storm lightening it just looks imposingly dark and desperate. With zombies silhouetted against the foreboding backdrop and rations running low I feel the most alive trying to keep me so.

ufv7NOJ.jpg

I guess for some of us it's just damned awkward to navigate the dark therefore there's much more opportunity during the daytime. But there is value in the dark; infiltrating Devils' Castle becomes much more interesting, darkness provides cover where the was none before. Observing tracers from the Huey captivates me every time. And causing explosions gratifies me with billowing glowing smoke.

In bad weather there's so little light that it becomes hazardous to move at any meaningful velocity, hindering driving and confusing awareness. There's no better time, however than when the sun begins to rise, usually my cue to sleep; to head home and lock the doors. Yes, another night alive, and a little richer...

I personally prefer night, though to be honest, I wish that running with a flashlight wasn't the way it is. NV is a bit overkill if you ask me, takes away the point of night, but the only way to effectively use a flashlight is to walk. If it wasn't for that, I'd remove NV (or make it insanely rare at least) and make my server 24 hour night, lol.

I use the M4A3 when I can as it has a torch, although it does not have a silencer, that I've found anyway. I have considered making the server night only, but I still enjoy the daytime, there's a totally different vibe either way which refreshes the experience. I think having a rule one way or the other defeats the purpose of having a day/night cycle and misses what is sometimes best about survival, adapting to the environment.

It's a shame there are no head torches...

I like the lighting best at dawn or dusk but nights with moonlight are pretty awesome too. Can't say it's very scary since running full speed is rarely dangerous even when blind. Now, if it hurt to run into things at full speed i think i'd be too scared to leave my base at night.