Helicopters Crashing through the ground.

Brockie

Question

Some of my helicopters are going underground when they hit the ground.  Typically no explosion or anything it just goes underground and if the player dies if he/she ejects.

It doesn't happen to most of them.  Specifically this is happening with the new CH53_DZE and a couple extra pook helis I wanted to add.

Anybody know why this might be happening?  I'm not finding much information on the topic by searching.

4 answers to this question

I've only seen this happening with the pooks.

even in the cases where they explode, they sink straight through the ground / floor

they make such an effective base bomb. =/ (read: headache for admins)

but i'm still running 1.0.4.2

hardly touched the ch53 except for all of 5 minutes when i was testing 1.0.5.1 never crashed it. just had a joy flight and landed.

Thanks for the information.  I had a feeling it was crash model problem, and I looked through variables.sqf but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Could any of these fix it?

1.  Can my pook helicopters use default model when it crashes, like a mozzie when you trash it, can't get in it, and it deletes after reset (like it should), but it doesn't have any special model?  Is there a way for the pooks to do the same?

2.  Is there a way to substitute crash models?  Like for example use BAF_Merlin_DZE crash model for CH53_DZE?

Thanks for your replies