Is it possible my client is crashing a server?

Shifty

Good afternoon guys,

I'm playing DayZ Overpoch NAPF on a server. Yesterday myself and my friend realized our squad.xml file was no longer being registered. My clan had some problems with a server and that's why it went down. I rebuilt the squad.xml file, and it was working successfully. After signing into the server, a short while later there were a bunch of huge lag spikes that seemed to hit the users off and on. I thought the server had gone down so I alt+f4'ed out of the game. After a moment or two my friends reported the server was fine and back up after my client timed out, and they had seen a ton of script checks fail spam from BEC.

After they reported it was online, I was able to login fine and the server was fine both before and after restart. Today the same thing happened. I logged in, and a short time after logging in (maybe 20-30 minutes) the server began getting these massive lag spikes and were having problems. I disconnect, and users began reporting that the server is now fine. I had no friends on to verify if I was getting the fail spam again. I spoke to the admin of the server, who wasn't able to see anything server side logs that points to me having the problem. He had me check my logs, and I get messages such as:

Warning Message: Script kenhack\SM\AH6X_DZ.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script kenhack\veshi.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script skriptexecuter2.ini not found

Warning Message: Script lcc.exe not found

Warning Message: Script scripts\new.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script new.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script Dayz Hack v 1.0.exe not found

Warning Message: Script dayz cheat\lcc.exe not found

Warning Message: Script Scripts\@Hak_script\1.GLAVNOYE\000.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cheater.sqf not found

Unexpected control type

Unexpected control type

Warning Message: Script @Hak_script\1.GLAVNOYE\000.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script scripts\2dmap.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script 2dmap.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script scripts\addweapon.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script addweapon.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script scripts\ammo 2.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script ammo 2.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script DayZ-Injector v.0.2.2.exe not found

Are these cheat check fails and are ok? Is it possible that the squad.xml file could bring down the server? I'm also validating the files through Steam. First it said 9 files weren't able to be validated and will be re-acquired, then it said 1. 

Thanks!

Those are known hack files, you could either have been banned by the servers anti hack and what not. Check your computer for these files. But generally, hacker files don't just appear on your computer. To answer your question about squad.xml crashing a server. Short answer is: Yes. 

Bad squad.xmls really fuck with the server because it forces the server to contact a webserver to get the information. If that webserver has shit connection or is really badly made, the gameserver or dayz server will start to choke on information and packets and in the end, lose connection and crash. Many server admins actually ban players who use squad.xmls because of this reason.

lol , has any one came up with an affective method of removing the the Xml files , iv seen a few people on my server with them , and one dude had a super high res image , dont know how he did that 

I was gonna say, while the typical hacker profusely announces that they never cheated, I in fact never have lol. It's checking for the scripts saying they're not found, so that's a plus. :P

As per the XML... Hmm... wish I didn't have to disable it but I guess I understand. There's nothing bad with it, it's straight from Arma2 and I only have 2 player entries in there. Very small XML file. But I understand.

I've got a squad XML on my character and I've never seen any issue with it and my server. I've had other people log into my servers with it too.

Just because it hasn't happened to you makes it impossible? A bad squad.xml crashes your server, it has happened to my server. If you want I can show you one time with a bad squad.xml. On an empty server 5 minutes till restart offcourse, don't want to be an inconvenience :)

Just because it hasn't happened to you makes it impossible? A bad squad.xml crashes your server, it has happened to my server. If you want I can show you one time with a bad squad.xml. On an empty server 5 minutes till restart offcourse, don't want to be an inconvenience :)

You must not have quoted the whole thing I posted because it seems to be missing the part where I said it's impossible.

never seen a server crash from a bad xml.  Seen clients crash from bad xmls though.

edit: my understanding is that the server has no visibility over xmls.  I think its completely clientside.  Like when you log in, you, the client download the squads.xml