How do you stop the editor from scrambling all your stuff?

I just spend a good hour finding all the stuff I wanted and laying out a small base, only to save and have shit move in random locations undoing all my work, I loaded the save and it kept it like that, so I fixed a few things, tried again, and it screwed it up again, what gives?

And why do you always post in the wrong section?

You can't stop the editor to screw your buildings.

I always post in the wrong section?

Yeah, sure.

Feel free to point out the editor or building help section, or a section that would be better to get help from people who know how to use the editor.

yep that's about right. Pro tip: Save every time you place an object.

does that stop it from moving the previous item placed, like, is it just a problem with the editor saving the position of multiple items at once?

I tried moving a few things back and saving and it just does it again.

I'm also curious if you guys use any mods or something that might help with that? I have the jon-c5 editor update installed, not sure if there is anything else out there.

that's about all you can do.

1) don't place multiple items and then save (100% something will move)

2) save after every item you place to minimize other objects moving (it's arma - it happens)

3) for base / map editor related questions: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/38-epoch-custom-bases/ is the forum you should be posting in.

4) this forum is for MOD's Only. Not Map's, Not Editor questions, Not epoch doesn't do this questions. MOD's and questions relating to said MOD's.

Hope this clears things up. :)

Pry

infistar places buildings live ingame and they stay put on the 1st try and you place them in the same fashion of epoch buildables you can raise lower rotate

and infistar if you read this somehow you hone in on any mention its good you can move the building back and forth with scroll wheel but could you add differnet directions like sideway and diagonal

that's about all you can do.

1) don't place multiple items and then save (100% something will move)

2) save after every item you place to minimize other objects moving (it's arma - it happens)

3) for base / map editor related questions: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/38-epoch-custom-bases/ is the forum you should be posting in.

4) this forum is for MOD's Only. Not Map's, Not Editor questions, Not epoch doesn't do this questions. MOD's and questions relating to said MOD's.

Hope this clears things up. :)

Pry

Alright I'll give that a try, and I coulda sworn I posted it in the custom bases forum lol, guess I had the wrong tab selected. That's what I get for having so many open. I'll see if a mod can move it.

edit: uhg, even with one item, I save, and it screws it up. Is there a third party editor or something? Do I need to find ground that is 100% level to the microscopic amount or something? it's extremely frustrating.

Oh yes it is extremely frustrating, I have videos on youtube - 6 in total - all about 3hrs in length.... Just to build one base.

I found if you "sink" the ground object/item (press alt and drag down) then placing subsequent "sinked" items around that / connected to that should stop what your describing.

Honestly if there was a 3rd party editor we would all be using it but we are using the same thing you are and have the same issues also. It's just something you have to deal with unfortunately.

See here for the list of vid's if you don't believe me: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsVfnB4jpE723mR_vpNw-_f33s-3cxGuD

Have fun :)

Pry

Oh yes it is extremely frustrating, I have videos on youtube - 6 in total - all about 3hrs in length.... Just to build one base.

I found if you "sink" the ground object/item (press alt and drag down) then placing subsequent "sinked" items around that / connected to that should stop what your describing.

Honestly if there was a 3rd party editor we would all be using it but we are using the same thing you are and have the same issues also. It's just something you have to deal with unfortunately.

See here for the list of vid's if you don't believe me: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsVfnB4jpE723mR_vpNw-_f33s-3cxGuD

Have fun :)

Pry

Alright, I also noticed that in a couple tutorials, when you save the mission you are supposed to look for the .sqf file for that map, but when I save/export these it does it in PBO, is that maybe an issue? I'm going to try and find a video tutorial that is as recent as possible for this.

Inside that PBO the mission.sqf (or whichever it is) file is empty for some reason.

I also tried taking a barrel and sinking it into the ground, it didn't really help at all.

edit: recorded a quick video, (not going to be great framerate since this PC is fairly old) but it shows how I am doing it, maybe I am just doing something blatantly wrong with the group or something. The small barrel doesn't seem to move at all though but the house beside it does, too bad there isn't a way to merge those objects or something. It will take a while to upload though.

Alright I see that I was going to the wrong location for the mission save, but still, it seems impossible to place anything with any real size. barrels and wood piles and stuff are file but concrete blocks, fences, gates, buildings, shipping containers, they all move when I hit save, uhg.

that is caused by the fact that buildings will always attempt to follow the surface of the ground.

to counter it you can in init line write this:

this setVectorUp [0,0,1];

in the end script change the init line to this:

_this setVectorUp [0,0,1];

This seems to work on buildings but on fences it causes them to flip back to a default position for some reason, not sure if there is a way to fix that or not?

Also it still does not save properly, I am guessing I would have to open the mission.sqf and find each object to do this to it?