Solved? Cannot Join Server? Stuck at loadscreen or keep getting kicked when joining?

ReDBaroN

Since the update of Epoch to 105/1051 there have been a lot of players reporting that they get stuck at the load screen on servers that have updated which, includes my server, GoG's World.

Also, since we went back to arma2oa version 1.63.112555 (non Steam version but still on Commander), some players are having problems joining even though they have that version installed.

If you follow these simple steps, on servers with this version combination, both problems are resolved 100% to our knowledge:

Stuck at Loadscreen?
  1. On your PC, go to \Users\yourname\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache and delete everything. These are just cached mission files and will be downloaded each time you join a server. (Unhide this folder tree if it is not there by selecting show hidden files and folders in folder options) (If you still cannot find this try searching for the folder name)
  2. Restart your PC
  3. Rejoin the server through either DayZ Commander or the multiplayer lobby of arma2oa

Keep Getting Kicked Trying to Join?
  1. Go to DayZ Commander settings and uncheck the 'Launch Using Steam' option in 'Steam Options'
  2. Join the server again using DayZ Commander
  3. If the above didn't work, reinstall your arma 2 in Commander EVEN if it says you are already on version 112555.
  4. Rejoin the server using DayZ Commander

As I mentioned earlier, these steps above have worked in 100% of reported cases on my server. Depending on which problem you are experiencing, please follow the steps above exactly.

It would really help the community if you or, anyone you know who has read this and tried it, whether it worked or not, could please report your/their feedback.

I really hope this helps a lot of people.

Good luck!

Not sure if this helps or not:

I've been having a lot of issues lately with it hanging during server authentication(which I believe is when the client is accessing the information from SQL for player information?) or during "creating character."  When this starts happening I usually find that running a check against local game cache in Steam content seems to help.

To do this, go to your Steam library, right click Arma 2, choose Properties, choose the LOCAL FILES tab, and click the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE button.  If any files are corrupted(or any of the files that Steam checks that thinks they're corrupt anyways), it will then download those files and replace them.  After this, run Arma 2 through Steam until you reach the menu and close it.

Repeat the same process with Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Also, I had issues with my Arma 2 version updating properly and had to remove both the ArmA2OA.exe and arma2oaserver.exe and then do the same process of verifying integrity of game cache.  After doing this, then I had to update to the correct Arma 2 patch.

I've had to sort a few clients out with this issue, I think one of the ways it's caused by all the beta-patches / steam patches people have updated to and mismatched versions of files due to the update path.

Once I get them to validate thier cache, launch the vanilla game (to regenerate registry keys), reinstall beta patch (I haven't moved over to steam patch yet :D ) they seem to be fine.

Although sometimes I have to get them to switch versions in the Betas tab in Steam (NONE>1.62>NONE) and revert it back which forces Steam to update the files correctly and then re-validate thier cache, and run the vanilla A2OA game, before joining any servers.

So I can confirm verifying and reinstalling whatever patch your using seems to fix this isssue for the people I've assisted.

And from the people I've helped it does seem to be mismatched file versions, OR they haven't run vanilla A2OA after updating.

The error people get when they have a black screen but can move / hear sound, from my experience is a mission file error somewhere, and you can fix this by looking through your server and client rpt file for any errors and fixing those.  I had one line I forgot to put in and it broke one of my servers when I updated to 1.0.5.1

This user is not running steam and claims he can connect to other servers fine.   Typically I can get him to connect to my dev server ok if I delete his cache, delete his value in the DB and then it has to be on a fresh restart.  Not getting any telling errors in the rpt files.  Most players are not effected by this.

edit:  OK after more testing tonight, the user can connect almost every time on a fresh server restart and get in no problem.  If he disconnects, dies, etc and then rejoins the server, he gets the issue.

I've tried disabling antihacks, messing around with custom FSM's, turning off all addons, vanilla overpoch.  Still no luck.  Tried using the other server's list of addons that he can connect to with no luck.  Compared both the pastebins of other servers vs our servers client rpt and it looks very similar.

I doubt this issue is caused by error messages popping up, since the user can shoot his gun.

User will attempt to install through steam and try again, otherwise I'm at an end here.

I would suggest making sure that Steam isn't automatically updating their games either.  I just remembered that it kept insisting on updating a tiny bit of data every time I started up Steam and that I would have problems afterwards.  Like Uro said, it's mostly likely due to the choas of recent patches that's causing the issues and I'm assuming there's just conflicting data amongst the files that are being changed.

@hambeast:  I wish I could help.  I have the opposite problem where I have to spend 10-30min reconnecting multiple times before anything loads and/or my game doesn't freeze or crash.  I don't know if maybe there could be an issue with the mission file data?  It's only happening with this one player?  Did he try removing the mission files manually?  I thought clearing the cache in DayZ Commander did this for me but found there were still mission files saved.  Any time I go from one server to another I try to make sure I remove the mission files from the previous to avoid issues.

I would suggest making sure that Steam isn't automatically updating their games either.  I just remembered that it kept insisting on updating a tiny bit of data every time I started up Steam and that I would have problems afterwards.  Like Uro said, it's mostly likely due to the choas of recent patches that's causing the issues and I'm assuming there's just conflicting data amongst the files that are being changed.

@hambeast:  I wish I could help.  I have the opposite problem where I have to spend 10-30min reconnecting multiple times before anything loads and/or my game doesn't freeze or crash.  I don't know if maybe there could be an issue with the mission file data?  It's only happening with this one player?  Did he try removing the mission files manually?  I thought clearing the cache in DayZ Commander did this for me but found there were still mission files saved.  Any time I go from one server to another I try to make sure I remove the mission files from the previous to avoid issues.

clearing cache doesn't help.  and by clearing cache, I mean having user delete the entire contents of the folder c:\users\username\app data\arma2oa

Hello all,

I am Hambeast's said user!   I had no problems logging in today till about 2pm.  So 4 hours of perfect login experience.

I was also speaking to several other people that were having the hanging load screen issue over the last couple of days.  Just thought I'd clarify that I am now no longer the soul owner of this fantastic bug.  :D

• 4 months later...

This user is not running steam and claims he can connect to other servers fine.   Typically I can get him to connect to my dev server ok if I delete his cache, delete his value in the DB and then it has to be on a fresh restart.  Not getting any telling errors in the rpt files.  Most players are not effected by this.

edit:  OK after more testing tonight, the user can connect almost every time on a fresh server restart and get in no problem.  If he disconnects, dies, etc and then rejoins the server, he gets the issue.

I've tried disabling antihacks, messing around with custom FSM's, turning off all addons, vanilla overpoch.  Still no luck.  Tried using the other server's list of addons that he can connect to with no luck.  Compared both the pastebins of other servers vs our servers client rpt and it looks very similar.

I doubt this issue is caused by error messages popping up, since the user can shoot his gun.

User will attempt to install through steam and try again, otherwise I'm at an end here

Did you ever find a working answer to this. What you describing is exactly what i just started seeing with a few of my users.

This is a fix for server owns to carry out. It fixed my issue where I would get stuck on the loading screen with the number 2 in the bottom right hand corner and I would be able to hear birds. Although this is not an official fix, it has managed to work for some people. I you don't want to muck around with your server files, you'll have to wait for an official DayZ Epoch fix. 

1. Navigate to your @DayZ_Epoch folder

2. Extract the dayz_code.pbo

3. Inside the dayz_code folder, open the init folder

4. Copy the compiles.sqf to your mission root folder

5. Open the copied compiles.sqf and search for this line: 

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

6. Replace it with:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
endLoadingScreen;
diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
};

7. Open the init.sqf that is inside the mission folder

8. For the call compile regular functions line, replace it with this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

9. Delete the dayz_code folder that you extracted the dayz_code.pbo to inside your @DayZ_Epoch folder

I hope this helps some people.

Thank you however....deleting the dayz_code.pbo will cause all kinds of issues. In your compiles.sqf there are multiple calls to z\addons\dayz_code\xxxxxx.sqf. deleting it will make the server look at the dayz_code files that are in the @dayz folder i believe.

I,ve already made the other change inside the code pbo and repacked. No change for my user even after the flush steps earlier.

I,m curious what Hambeast found.

Thank you however....deleting the dayz_code.pbo will cause all kinds of issues. In your compiles.sqf there are multiple calls to z\addons\dayz_code\xxxxxx.sqf. deleting it will make the server look at the dayz_code files that are in the @dayz folder i believe.

I,ve already made the other change inside the code pbo and repacked. No change for my user even after the flush steps earlier.

I,m curious what Hambeast found.

By deleting the dayz_code I meant deleting the dayz_code folder that you extracted the PBO to. Sorry for the confusion.

ahh that makes more sense. I'm still new at this but i knew that didn't sound right. 

I found a bunch of entry's in the player login with charid 0 and deleted them. once i deleted them people could log in normally again. I wouldn't think that would make a diff but seems to have worked for now.  

• 7 months later...