ZFM Development - Help needed -Loot crates

Hey :)

Is there an ETA on the release btw? Not rushing ya! Just wondered :)

I know, I get this asked every day.. ;) There is not a lot left now, honestly. The loot crates are complete, just need thorough testing, and then the Layout needs testing with units and loot crates. Once that's done, it's gonna be plugged into the rest of ZFM, there will be a round of bug-fixes and then I will create a pre-release on the testing repo.

However, I was planned to get this stuff done this week, primarily with the last part occurring either Wed/Thursday, but I got some more paid work  to do on Sunday which means most of this week I'm working on that. Once that's done, I will be back on ZFM unless more money walks into my pocket again :P I keep an eye out on requests and everything here, and I know there's a lot of views each day from people desperate for the release, but it's hard for me to say an exact time as if I get work on, or if something comes up, I have to work on that.

Stay frosty, it will come. ZFM is my baby, and I'm going to be working on this for the long haul :lol:

Edit: I should say, just as an indication of the amount of work that goes into ZFM.. 8661 lines of code, 26 commits a month, and about 10-12 hours a week at least. It's like a part-time job. But, it's fun, and I can't wait to release, trust me :wub:

Cool!

Hey, if you'd like another tester, I can pop a test server up on our VDS and give my admins the logins, ask them to test & report any bugs to me etc if you like?

No worries if not, but if it helps, happy to do it ;)

I know, I get this asked every day.. ;) There is not a lot left now, honestly. The loot crates are complete, just need thorough testing, and then the Layout needs testing with units and loot crates. Once that's done, it's gonna be plugged into the rest of ZFM, there will be a round of bug-fixes and then I will create a pre-release on the testing repo.

However, I was planned to get this stuff done this week, primarily with the last part occurring either Wed/Thursday, but I got some more paid work  to do on Sunday which means most of this week I'm working on that. Once that's done, I will be back on ZFM unless more money walks into my pocket again :P I keep an eye out on requests and everything here, and I know there's a lot of views each day from people desperate for the release, but it's hard for me to say an exact time as if I get work on, or if something comes up, I have to work on that.

Stay frosty, it will come. ZFM is my baby, and I'm going to be working on this for the long haul :lol:

Edit: I should say, just as an indication of the amount of work that goes into ZFM.. 8661 lines of code, 26 commits a month, and about 6 hours a week at least. It's like a part-time job. But, it's fun, and I can't wait to release, trust me :wub:

Okay, as an update -- from devel yesterday.  

• You can create your own lootcrate types, or create manual on-the-fly loot crates if you want.
  • There are loot crates for each type of content (Pistols, Machineguns, Snipers, Medical, etc)
  • Each loot crate type has its own difficulty-version. (i.e. Snipers for Easy, Pistols for Medium, etc)
  • A loot crate can either have one type, or multiple types, random stuff, or manual stuff.
  • There are minimum amounts set for each difficulty, to ensure each loot crate is full enough to make the mission worth it.
  • If the manual stuff or random stuff doesn't quite make up the minimum number of items, ZFM will fill up the loot crate with stuff from other types (i.e. Will add random pistols, medical supplies) from the loot for that difficulty.

No exploding loot crates, though.. :lol: