[WIP] Epoch Headless Client EHC v1.1 RC

david

All,

I am making progress on a rewrite of this for vanilla 1.8.1 (which hopefully will translate to epoch just fine).  It is premature to share the code yet, partly because I am having a lot of trouble with Steam's stupid operations getting in the way of running multiple clients from one account ... and also because ... well ... it just doesn't do anything yet.

I have gotten to the point that I have reviewed the zed generation chain and decided that because of the complicated mess that wild zombies + server-side loot + spawn rules (line of sight etc...) has created, the entry point for patching into the spawn chain will be moved to zombie_generate.sqf.

The decision to choose where to spawn a zed or loot and spawning loot will happen on the player clients (or server ... for loot).  The actual zed creation and control will stay with the HC with fallback to player client if HC disconnects or burps.

I am also "de-spaghetti-ing" the code as I go along.  (Try reviewing zombie_generate.sqf.  It is a redundant mess. I could have put some sauce on it and had dinner).

Goober

Pinned it down to player_zombieAttack.sqf.

I just used dayz 1.8.1's file and it fixed it. It even includs the cool fall over animations that happen to you sometimes from dayzmod lol

As you can see Huge improvement   :)

[youtube_video]

Just a quick question about this. Did you actually replace the @DayzEpoch1051 player_zombieAttack.sqf.with the @Dayz181 player_zombieAttack.sqf to make those cool animation work? Looking into both of those files they are pretty different and i cant believe i'll get away with simply replacing them :P

Just a quick question about this. Did you actually replace the @DayzEpoch1051 player_zombieAttack.sqf.with the @Dayz181 player_zombieAttack.sqf to make those cool animation work? Looking into both of those files they are pretty different and i cant believe i'll get away with simply replacing them :P

Just a straight swap adding to my mission file and to my compiles.sqf in my mission.

Okay very interesting, will try that now. Love to have some extra animations, been searching for them cause the custom (non-default) jumping, proning, powersliding animations i've seen on other servers are awesome. Never actually played 181 but will definitely now to see if i can find some other ones which we can port :P

So me and Ebay are trying to get this to work on 1.8.1. We got pretty far already I think since it seems like the zombies are being spawned and controlled by the HC. But the zombies that are spawned and controlled seem to act a bit weird. 

Video: http://youtu.be/pt5AYxN_P04?t=46s

As you can see in the video the zombies like "ignore" me. They run towards me but sometimes just run away from me and group up a couple of meters further up.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the reason they do this. Or where I should check i.e what files?

PS. We used Goobers base files for this.

Hopefully I can get on board soon now that updates and such have cooled down.   I had zeds/loot and even WAI running on a HC but I couldn't get any performance gains out of it.   For example my WAI lag when i have 35+ or so... even running on a HC they still rubberband.  I spawned like 300-600 patrols on my test server before they started to lag for a single player lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The correct is -profiles, and not -profile. You can check looking the original Epoch bat files.

I tried to run 3 instances on my PC:

- Server

- HC Client

- Normal Client

I can't connect HC Client and Normal Client at the same time, the second one to connect receive a message "Session lost".

So I am assuming this only works on dedicated?

I assume you are asking from the perspective of this working with a managed server provider such as dayz.st/hfb/etc...

Technically you don't need a dedicated server to at least try this out, but that would mean running your HC on a different computer to the server which may cause you other issues.  Probably good enough for testing code, but not sure how it would pan out as a live server.

Hi.

_agent = createAgent [_type, _position, [], _radius, _method];

_agent removeAllEventHandlers "local"; // attach our own later

_agent addEventHandler ["local", { diag_log "Locality Event"; if(_this select 1) then {[(position (_this select 0)),(_this select 0),true] execFSM "hc\compiles\zombie_agentHC.fsm" };}];
This code is from HCE, from the file zombie_generateHC.sqf.

Can you tell me what the third line do (_agent addEventHandler...)?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

The HC is getting kicked for script restriction #0 although i have 5 "I_AM_A_BAD_HC_IN_WRONG_SLOT"  in scripts.txt

It seems that although the HC joins the civilian slot and enters the game...for some reason 

if !( playerside == civilian ) then {...

server doesnt recognize it as a civilian and kicks it ?!

(of course, i've added the item2 in mission.sqm and incremented the class at top)

EDIT: Nevermind..i am an idiot...I have an entry with the HC's UID in my character_data table..cause i am testing it from my pc...and it was loading my character.

Its not getting kicked anymore once i deleted the entry.

I dont get it how the bot handles zombies. Dont i have to tweak the server first ?

I mean the client logs in, i can even tp to it and i added it in infistar config, so no more kicks from BE......but.....the zombies are still handled by the server.

I have like 20 zombies around me...i close the HC client, and the zombies are still there. How is it handling the zombies, without me disabling stuff on the server 1st ? How could i know if its working or not?

-Thanks

If the HC logs out, the zombies would disappear.

Thats what i figured, so the zombies spawning are not done by the HC.

I followed the instructions to the letter....and zombies spawn....but not from the HC then.

Shouldnt i disable something in the files so the HC spawns his ?