Help with Vilayer Overpoch server set up 1.0.5.1

Meeko

Question

Hey everyone,

Ok so I've tried reading everywhere and just cannot get this server to run using Vilayer.

I've reset everything and am going to do this from scratch. Would love if I could get a walkthrough or the steps required to get this server to work.

I have no idea where the .bat file is located! So information on that may help but would really love some help.

This is all I have done so far.

Install Epoch

go through Epoch manager and install Overwatch files

Thanks Meeko

18 answers to this question

Plus: 

4.) Copy dayz_code.pbo and dayz_code_1051_bikey from the @Dayz_Epoch folder and paste it into/over the dayz_code.pbo in the @DayzOverwatch folder

5.) Copy the Overwatch.bikey from the Overwatch Github to your /Keys/ folder 

6.) Adjust your mission file to initialize and load custom loot tables, containing the Overwatch content. 

Both fr1nk and my post contains information that are fairly easy to find here in the Server Install Help sub-forum..  sometimes the search feature is not your friend, so just make it a habit of pressing the "Load More Topics" and keep on looking at forum topics below.  

I remember reading those steps but I never had to do them. Only thing I did was the steps I posted and was able to connect fine. I'm guessing Vilayer does that in the background after you download the Overwatch files? Either that or I'm server managing half-asleep again.

edit: you do still need to do the custom loot tables though

I remember reading those steps but I never had to do them. Only thing I did was the steps I posted and was able to connect fine. I'm guessing Vilayer does that in the background after you download the Overwatch files? Either that or I'm server managing half-asleep again.

edit: you do still need to do the custom loot tables though

It might have been added in as actions in the Beta tool, yea - I never used it when I installed servers in Vilayer - was simply easier to do it directly myself. That way I cant blame anyone but myself when the server explodes and no one can enter.  :D 

Well Im slowly working it out with all your help and the help of the Vilayer support guys, one thing I cant find now is the loot table of epoch for vilayer, also there are no PBO as they are all opened for you with Vilayer and the server creates one everytime you run the game.

If you know where the .bat file is that would also be helpful thanks.

Well Im slowly working it out with all your help and the help of the Vilayer support guys, one thing I cant find now is the loot table of epoch for vilayer, also there are no PBO as they are all opened for you with Vilayer and the server creates one everytime you run the game.

If you know where the .bat file is that would also be helpful thanks.

use custom loot tables by matjis. use the updated ones. his is the wrong format. Then simply add your own. Or checkout his github, i think its updated there.