1.0.5.1 update

devd

Thanks for the update!

[RUS]

Динис а слушай, можно ли как то частоту обновлений в сторону mysql повысить?

А то у нас очень часто состояние инвентара возврощается на последнийи 5 минут до перезагрузки.. из за етого нам приходиться уже 5 минут до перезагрузки выходить из игры и надеиться что нэ будет возврата назад ((

[/RUS]

~ just asking him about the frequency of the writer.pl if it's possible to increase it due to rollbacks~

Posted Today, 09:30 PM

drewappling, on 07 Jul 2014 - 3:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Hello,

After installing this I am receiving a bad version error, it looks like the server is running 102451. Is there an easy way to update it to the 112555 version?

Me too I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Albertus,

I've rolled back to Dean's version as I've been unable to make any progress. 

Can someone shed some light on this?

Not at home until late this evening so I can't post my log.

This might be a red herring but if I use Dean's "expansion" directory instead of devd's, DayZ Commander shows the correct versions but when I try to log on I get loads of lines saying that I can't play this mission because of deleted content "deleted.chernarus"

When I get home tonight I'll reinstall using the instructions from the 1.0.4.2 video and see what happens.

The 1.0.5.1 readme.md is a bit vague when it says

3. Download and install DayZ Epoch Mod 1.0.5.1 (http://goo.gl/IN1Pt1).

My client is already running 1.0.5.1 so I skipped this step, as I assumed it was the client that needed updating

Installed as per the 1.0.4.2 video, still wouldn't log me in

Hmmmm

Faffed about a bit, copied the file epoch from Dean's 1051 and bingo logged in with no issues, so now I'm going to create a new VM and start a clean install from scratch and see what happens.

EDIT:

That absolutley worked however my DZAI mission notifications ar in Russian now... I'll try to sort that out tomorrow.

Step by step this was how I installed.

1.  mkdir server1051
  2. mkdir server1051/epochserver
  3. copied "Arma 2/AddOns/" to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  4. copied "Arma 2/dta/" to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  5. copied "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/Common/" to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  6. copied "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@DayZ_Epoch/" to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  7. copied "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/" to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  8. run ./tolower to change all the file directory names to lowercase
  9. copied contents of Dayz-Epoch-Linux-Server-Master to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/
  10. run ./install
  11. copied Dean's epoch to /home/epoch/server1051/epochserver/

fired her up with ./epoch.sh

loaded epoch from DayZCommander loaded fine, played for 20mins (it was 1am) every thing seems fine except for the notifications in Russian for DZMS missions.

LOL... l just noticed I have a Work and a Home forum ID.  ;)

Hello,

After installing this I am receiving a bad version error, it looks like the server is running 102451. Is there an easy way to update it to the 112555 version?

I have the same problem. I have the Arma version 112555 on my PC and if I upload the Arma 2 Directory to my server and start it, it's version 102451. :(

Hello,

Thank you Dean! I was able to get the server running but am seeing that the DZMS text is in Russian, is there an easy fix for this?

Drew

It's WAI,

Go to @dayz_epoch_server\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions and edit each of the mission sqf files,

un-comment the English text and comment out the Russian, there are three in each file ; Mission start, Mission succsessful and mission timed out.

Simples (ish)

It's WAI,

Go to @dayz_epoch_server\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions and edit each of the mission sqf files,

un-comment the English text and comment out the Russian, there are three in each file ; Mission start, Mission succsessful and mission timed out.

Simples (ish)

You were correct, I ended up disabling WAI as I've installed other scripts that have similar functionality.

Thank you for the assistance.

+1 here, player sync not on github

Since the files contained in the pbo are not tracked by git, we aren't able to see the changes to the code, including fixes like the one devd mentioned. It's unfortunate, but true. The use of tags and/or branches are sorely missed as well.

Edit: From my own diff, it appears that he moved the following:

diag_log format["CHILD:204:%1:", _playerUID];

to the end of the file. Makes sense.