[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

i already have a custom player_build from other scripts im using can u also show us what u added to the player_build i tried looking through it and picking it out myself but i wasn't sure on some things

there's a video guide in my sig, skip to diffmerge section, you'll find some hints there as I go trough this file

is it at this moment possible to use snap pro (incl. Vector) for Arma 3 Epoch?

nope

Ok so i am having a problem, i've installed this like 20 times before and no error has occurred but now i'm getting an error when i click snap: OFF to turn it on. It says Script custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf not found but im not using the custom folder i moved it and i changed all the pathways and looked through just about every file and cant find where its being called. Everything else works with the script like the tut, q/e pge up/pge down/ and dropping with f so i'm totally confused where it is. Does anyone know where its being called to perform that action from.

Ok so i am having a problem, i've installed this like 20 times before and no error has occurred but now i'm getting an error when i click snap: OFF to turn it on. It says Script custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf not found but im not using the custom folder i moved it and i changed all the pathways and looked through just about every file and cant find where its being called. Everything else works with the script like the tut, q/e pge up/pge down/ and dropping with f so i'm totally confused where it is. Does anyone know where its being called to perform that action from.

In the Compiles folder :

sample below:

Line 125:   DZE_snap_build_file =   "Custom\Snap_Pro\snap_build.sqf"; // Set as a global variable as it is also referenced in snapbuild.sqf

MegaZ

In the Compiles folder :

sample below:

Line 125:   DZE_snap_build_file =   "Custom\Snap_Pro\snap_build.sqf"; // Set as a global variable as it is also referenced in snapbuild.sqf

MegaZ

why is your line like that the install instructions said to use this but i have it on

line 134: snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";              (just curious why yours is different for future knowledge) 

Edit: Fixed thx

He is using plot for life, it comes with its own version of SBP that will be used in next epoch update. Don't worry about that.

Double check your file paths inside snap_build.sqf and player_build.sqf, you missed to update one of these 2.

• 1 month later...

Hey I just installed this on my server and it works great however; after installing it my DZGM hotkeys are no longer working and neither is my earplug script. Any ideas as to why?

I assume its something to do with your interupt file

dayz_interupt or something along the lines of that,

could you post your

.sqf

and rpt?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

I have tried to install Snap building Pro with Vectors onto my server, Snap Building Pro Works 100% fine for me. 

But the problem I am having is that Vectors will work during the restart session 100% fine until the server restarts and comes back then ever thing what was on an angle will be reset to default before the vectors.

BEFORE

ugDCB2Ul.jpg

AFTER

qJ3BvRyl.jpg

PLZ help me !!!! :)

move SBP functions somewhere higher on the list. If you are running this stuff in a scheduled environment, there's a chance some other function is doing its thing and not letting SBP to be loaded unless some condition is met. Which could lead to these random chances.
I assume this is clean SBP with no vectors? 

If you have P4L installed, then do not install SBP from here, P4L have newer version of SBP integrated that was not released on forums.

• 2 months later...

Raymix, many thanks for your great contributions to a great game!

Just a side note on showing/hiding the Snap Pro Tutorial:

If you DO want the Tutorial to be shown, you should NOT put

snapTutorial = true;

in your init.sqf as it will disable the tutorial. The test is for NIL, not true or false.

(See snap_build.sqf around line 182: if (isNil "snapTutorial") then { ...

Raymix, many thanks for your great contributions to a great game!

Just a side note on showing/hiding the Snap Pro Tutorial:

If you DO want the Tutorial to be shown, you should NOT put

snapTutorial = true;

in your init.sqf as it will disable the tutorial. The test is for NIL, not true or false.

(See snap_build.sqf around line 182: if (isNil "snapTutorial") then { ...

lol, that's right. The test should have use something like missionNamespace getVariable ["snapTutorial",false];

But then again, I was only learning back then :D

• 1 month later...

How do I remove the restriction "cannot build in a city" ?

I have a taviana server and I want to build on sector B Island (I disabled the AI and Urals) but everytime I try to place and item it says " Cannot build in a city

I looked through the files and just can't seem to find the option. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bricktop

_____

EDIT: Do I just edit this? true to false?

//No building on roads unless toggled
  if (!DZE_BuildOnRoads) then {
  if (isOnRoad _position) then { _cancel = true; _reason = "Cannot build on a road."; };

Think you have to edit your SQM file as far as I remember. There you will find class defines where you can set position and radius for cities.

If you open it up in something like np++ just search for known city that has build restrictions, take your time, explore the code, it will soon start making more sense

23 hours ago, Bricktop said:

How do I remove the restriction "cannot build in a city" ?

I remove this restriction in my player_build.sqf (for my admins)

Around line 600 find this and comment it all out like this:

//No building in trader zones
        //if (!canbuild) then {
        //    _cancel = true;
        //    _reason = "Cannot build in a city.";
        //};

There may be other places where canbuild is set to false but I think this is the main one.

• 4 weeks later...

raymix I have having a strange issue i've never had before, my walls are rotating randomly not on the angle they are chosen on, and it is an odd angle, not 45, it makes it so crooked, ifyou dont mind have any ideas?

for example, if i press e or q to rotatate, when it comes fully back around, it is not straight, it is angle'd...

and my snap is in the middle of my vector options on my action menu - example

VECTOR 

SNAP:OFF

VECTOR

• 3 months later...