[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Liquid, grab a coffee and watch the video linked in my sig, you want the functions part. After watching it you will not only be able to install scripts, but also fix any problems that might arise with any scripts out there using compiles.

ok, I may have been having a bad day yesterday lol, I got it working but I had to make a Custom2 folder and put all the scripts in there,, had an issue i think with this not being 100% right below as when i went to snap it said I was missing a file (which I knew was in the snap build folder)

if (!isDedicated) then {

player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
    snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.07, 0.31, 0.23, 0.37, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

BIS_Effects_Burn =                 compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";

so i put a snap build folder in custom2 and in custom folders and it worked lol, but im thinking I need to fix this :D

Hi, we're running an Epoch/Overwatch/Origins server and I followed the instructions to the letter and have v1.4.1 working perfectly except for one thing.... the in-game tutorial never shows up, no matter what I do.  The "F" key works properly, things are snapping, etc.  Just no tutorial.  I saw a post (367, I think) in this thread that talked about multiple dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf files.  I'm not running DZGM and so don't have another dayz_spacinterrupt.sqf files near as I can tell.  If I do, which PBO would have it?  Any ideas why no tutorial?

Thanks,

Bob

was setting up origins server locally today, noticed that latest infistar AH breaks both SBP and even original build system... for both item is never removed from inventory when built and it is not saved to database. For SBP dynamic text is disabled no matter what setting you use in AH. I will contact Chris regarding this.

For now, just downgrade your AH, I guess...

Previous version (9th sep) works fine

I am a very new to scripts and I am hoping you can help me with an issue I am having. I have snap build pro installed on my server and it has been working great until recently. It suddenly stopped letting me upgrade items. I can place items like a cinder half wall but it wont let me upgrade them to a full wall. Any input would be much appreciated, thanks! 

I am a very new to scripts and I am hoping you can help me with an issue I am having. I have snap build pro installed on my server and it has been working great until recently. It suddenly stopped letting me upgrade items. I can place items like a cinder half wall but it wont let me upgrade them to a full wall. Any input would be much appreciated, thanks! 

what scripts did you install or upgrade recently? (including Antihack)

Thing is, snap pro does not modify upgrade code, I can't remember if elevators did, not quite sure now... dont think it did. Does it not give you option at all? If so, fn_selfActions could be broken. Any related errors in your local and server RPT logs?

Thing is, snap pro does not modify upgrade code, I can't remember if elevators did, not quite sure now... dont think it did. Does it not give you option at all? If so, fn_selfActions could be broken. Any related errors in your local and server RPT logs?

Ok, here is where I am going to sound like a pure noob but I have only been doing anything with scripts for 2 days now (This is my first server that I purchased from Vilayer 2 days ago). I am not sure how to find the RPT logs honestly. I do know that the fn_selfActions would have been modified by the self bloodbagging I recently installed. could that be causing the issue?

Ok I think I have tracked down what is causing my issue, it seems the install instructions I followed for my self bloodbag script are modifying my  fn_selfActions Is there a way to get self bloodbag working without the script, like can it be turned on inside epoch/overpoch?

Raymix, I LOVE THIS SCRIPT!

I had one question though, When building a ladder there is only three snap points, Left, Right, and bottom. This makes it not able to snap onto other ladders unless its side by side. How could I add a point to the top of the ladder to snap them together?

Here is the snap points for the ladder

class WoodLadder_Preview_DZ {
snapTo[] = {
"WoodLadder_DZ"
};
radius = 5;
points[] = {
{0,0,0,"Pivot"},
{-0.4,0,1.725,"Left"},
{0.4,0,1.725,"Right"}
};

Looks like there is no TOP

Hey guys, 

last days, Snap does work!

Yesterday I have made a new Server. Firstly I have installed Sigle Currency & Bank Script, than DZGM-Groupmanagement!

Today I want to Install Snap Pro, but it doesn't work!

Server ist running, i can connect!

No Errors in LOGFILE!

Here is my Compile.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then {

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.07, 0.31, 0.23, 0.37, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";
	player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";
	player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf";
	fnc_usec_damageActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageActions.sqf";
	fnc_inAngleSector = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_inAngleSector.sqf";
	fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\Fn_SelfActions\fn_selfActions.sqf";
	fnc_usec_unconscious = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_unconscious.sqf";
	player_temp_calculation	= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_temperatur.sqf";
	player_weaponFiredNear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_weaponFiredNear.sqf";
	player_animalCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_animalCheck.sqf";
	player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
	player_dumpBackpack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_dumpBackpack.sqf";
	building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
	building_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
	player_fired = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_fired.sqf";
	player_harvest = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_harvest.sqf";
	player_packTent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packTent.sqf";
	player_packVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packVault.sqf";
	player_unlockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";
	player_removeObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf";
	player_removeNearby = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_removeNearby.sqf";
	player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\Ui_SelectSlot\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
	player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
        snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
	dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\Dayz_SpaceInterrupt\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

Hi guys, i really love this mod, and i have had a dedicated server on my own pc, but when i rented a gameserver, i allso reinstalled arma2 and arma2 oa, to make it a clean install.

The server came with snap_building, so i changed it to snap_pro, and realized, that i cant rotate objects with Q and E.

My player leans right and left, when Q and E are pressed.

Anybody knows how to fix it?

DZGM-Groupmanagement!

Here is my Compile.sqf

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\Dayz_SpaceInterrupt\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

DZGM compiles overwrites mine, merge them, there's a solution already posted few pages back

I have had players telling me that they cannot place down a safe within a plot pole area? do you know what could be causing this?

Not related to SBP

Hi guys, i really love this mod, and i have had a dedicated server on my own pc, but when i rented a gameserver, i allso reinstalled arma2 and arma2 oa, to make it a clean install.

The server came with snap_building, so i changed it to snap_pro, and realized, that i cant rotate objects with Q and E.

My player leans right and left, when Q and E are pressed.

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Follow build snapping tutorial to uninstall it properly then install SBP, make sure your compiles are set and no variable/function is overwriting mine.... 95% of problems starts with wrong compiles due to bad habit of bringing the whole file over from client. More on topic in video found in my sig

DZGM compiles overwrites mine, merge them, there's a solution already posted few pages back

Not related to SBP

Follow build snapping tutorial to uninstall it properly then install SBP, make sure your compiles are set and no variable/function is overwriting mine.... 95% of problems starts with wrong compiles due to bad habit of bringing the whole file over from client. More on topic in video found in my sig

I just follow the scripting, and looked in the compiles, and there was the fault, the original compiles still had some connection to the old snap system.

Thanks for the help :-)