[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Sorry to bother you I added this in followed all the steps but it doesn't work, It doesn't stop the server loading or anything it just doesn't work :(

Do you have custom compiles added to init.sqf?

Tried adding this and im getting Waiting for server to authenticate. This is what my Rpt.file is giving me

8:37:53 Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];

_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 8:37:53   Error position: <_result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 8:37:53   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
 8:37:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 284
 8:37:53 Error in expression <status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
 8:37:53   Error position: <== "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
 8:37:53   Error Generic error in expression
 8:37:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 286

Checked the line i havent changed anything not sure what i did to cause this issue. New to this so anyhelp is good help.

what version of game are you running? 

Make sure when following guide on github you did not do any typos. A small typo will break whole server, sometimes without a trace (like your case, error is not directly related to script)

Also good practice is to always install one script at a time if you are new to this.

Ok so it looks like one of the other guys was messing with the database and had an error which i fixed but once i fixed it now im getting wait for host when trying to join. only new mod ive tried adding is this script. any idea what i did wrong? Ive added other scripts and havent had this issue. 

is it just me or is it a major knowned problem that snapped items got spaces between each other after server restart? does anyone know how to fix it on overpoch servers?

i mean, floors and walls building like this : [][] and after server restart it looks like this : [] []

so anyone knows what i have to do?

Sorry to bother you I added this in followed all the steps but it doesn't work, It doesn't stop the server loading or anything it just doesn't work :(

Check your pbo file, my pbo manager decides NOT to add changes/updates pretty often, did not have this before but now just constantly.

^^ I have these. I know several other people with the same issue. Bump for any kind of fix?

It's not directly related to this mod, just a limitation of database, something to do with amount of digits after comma. There are 2 topics explaining this on epoch forums.

Mod uses unedited (default) way to publish items to Database, in fact all it changes is just player controls of default player_build, rest is done externally

My Players found a random Bug, where the player gets unable to use the v key to jump after placing an object using snapping.

It is not easy to reproduce and i only had that problem once, so i can't give an exact way to reproduce...

What i did, when this Bug happend to me while building this construct:

1. placed the two ladders - the jumping still worked
  2. placed the 3 woodfloors - jumping did not word
  3. relog - jumping was working again
  4. build the long bridge on the left side with some more ladders - jumping did not work anymore...

Wish i could give a way to reproduce, but maybe someone else got such a Bug.

I was under the impression that using 'v' is disabled in the vicinity of basebuilding objects to prevent glitching into bases?

I also got the impression that this mechanism does not work as well and reproducible as one would wish.

Be that as it may, intermittent deactivation on 'v' happens to me at places all over the map, independent from snapping.

I added this to my Overpoch server, and now the menu wont appear when I scroll. I can however press F and walk around the object like before, but no menu.

My Snap Pro compiles.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then {
    player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
    snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\logistic\init.sqf";
player_useMeds =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\exec\player_useMeds.sqf";
};

I coped the exact folder from my vanilla Epoch server, and theres no problem there. My admin menu works fine.
Any ideas?

I think I already saw this bug in an earlier post but not 100% sure, snapping doesn't seem to work above water, at least deep into the ocean. If you're already aware of this just ignore this post, I just couldn't be bothered to scan 15 more pages :P

I think I already saw this bug in an earlier post but not 100% sure, snapping doesn't seem to work above water, at least deep into the ocean. If you're already aware of this just ignore this post, I just couldn't be bothered to scan 15 more pages :P

I can confirm this is in fact the case.

You get no option to snap above water.

My Players found a random Bug, where the player gets unable to use the v key to jump after placing an object using snapping.

It is not easy to reproduce and i only had that problem once, so i can't give an exact way to reproduce...

What i did, when this Bug happend to me while building this construct:

1. placed the two ladders - the jumping still worked
  2. placed the 3 woodfloors - jumping did not word
  3. relog - jumping was working again
  4. build the long bridge on the left side with some more ladders - jumping did not work anymore...

Wish i could give a way to reproduce, but maybe someone else got such a Bug.

Hi, thanks for report. That's not a bug tho, it's an epoch feature to prevent wall glitching using vault when near buildable objects.

I can confirm this is in fact the case.

You get no option to snap above water.

I spent like 10mins building bridge into the water, think I got like 300-400 meters off the coast, was working fine.

Thing is, snap pro doesn't fully utilize ASL, it's mostly ATL based, because whenever I test it, it works fine, lol. You guys and your crazy water bases :)

Any ideas how I could test this 2km deep into ocean (without spending hours building metal floors)? I know for sure water surface bool is returned, there must be something simple that I've overlooked... 

Thanks, guys.

I added this to my Overpoch server, and now the menu wont appear when I scroll. I can however press F and walk around the object like before, but no menu.

My Snap Pro compiles.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then {
    player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
    snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\logistic\init.sqf";
player_useMeds =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\exec\player_useMeds.sqf";
};

I coped the exact folder from my vanilla Epoch server, and theres no problem there. My admin menu works fine.
Any ideas?

Quite odd, paths seems to be default, any RPT errors at all? Upon building a (legit) object, snap_pro function should be called on a new thread creating all the required actions. Now it's either not called for some reason or something is blocking the actions. If you are running latest infistar, that shouldn't be an issue, as everything needed is already whitelisted by default.

Quite odd, paths seems to be default, any RPT errors at all? Upon building a (legit) object, snap_pro function should be called on a new thread creating all the required actions. Now it's either not called for some reason or something is blocking the actions. If you are running latest infistar, that shouldn't be an issue, as everything needed is already whitelisted by default.

No RPT errors, and I'm not using Infistar.

Its weird indeed, but ill look over it again tomorrow and re-add everything. Hopefully that'll solve it.

It's not directly related to this mod, just a limitation of database, something to do with amount of digits after comma. There are 2 topics explaining this on epoch forums.

Mod uses unedited (default) way to publish items to Database, in fact all it changes is just player controls of default player_build, rest is done externally

could u explain that for a normal human?

so for what i have to search on that board?

and maybe its just an urban legend but some ppl tolding me there excist a simple way to avoid this,

just recalculate it from the player coords to the map coordinations where at least it safes.

could u explain that for a normal human?

so for what i have to search on that board?

and maybe its just an urban legend but some ppl tolding me there excist a simple way to avoid this,

just recalculate it from the player coords to the map coordinations where at least it safes.

Okay i hope i'm not misinforming here, but this is what i understand.

--

In layman terms. The position of objects that are not on ground level are sometimes saved to the database with rounded coordinates when they are longer then 6 digits total, meaning they'll get imprecise.

For instance.

Object A -> Coordinate X = 10005.25 will be saved as 10005.3

Object B -> Coordinate X = 10005.24 will be saved as 10005.2

When placing they can only be a millimeter apart, after saving the space inbetween the object can easily be 10x bigger.

The reason it does this only when saving object that are not on ground level is because it needs to add height in the coordinate column aswell and the ARMA 2 engine somehow cannot handle strings being that long. Reason being the arma engine can only save 6 digits total.

A fix might be that height always gets added in a separate query which seems be doable.

You are on the right track.

Basically:

1 unit = 1 meter. So: 1.11 = 1 meter 11 centimeters. Database  Arma engine only holds 6 digits maximum! So something like this:

[0,[0,0,0]] - this is a debug zone as seen in database. First zero is a direction, last 3 within nested array are XYZ coordinates (left-right,top-bottom,up-down).

[0,[15000.0,15000.0,0]] - Our map is 15 square kilometers, so this would be a far corner away from debug zone. As you've noticed, both X and Y takes up 6 digits!

Anything built within 9 square KM should be fine, as it is 4 digits into database and 2 more after comma, giving us headroom for millimeters, this would still create gaps, but unnoticeable to human eye.

[0,[9999.99,9999.99,0]]

Once we start building past this mark, it's all about rounding up milimeters as f3cuk stated previously:

Let's build an object at ~10km X, and ~1km Y, coords in live game are [0,[10003.54321,1.54321,0]]

Database will save it as:

[0,[10003.5,1.54,0]] effectivelly losing us 4 centimeters. Now if you are misfortunate and place 2 objects, each shifting to each own side, you might lose up to 10 centimeters, which is quite huge gap.

<snip>

["MAP_LHD_4", [14343.107, 6316.4893, -0.010839224], -90.421356] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_5", [14343.086, 6316.4102, -0.010040209], -90.517288] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_6", [14342.915, 6316.7324, -0.018253118], -90.313103] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_3", [14343.188, 6316.5039, -0.016263202], -90.407227] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_2", [14343.295, 6316.5449, -0.007177487], -90.46904] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_1", [14343.502, 6316.5488, 0.0027211159], -90.487305] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_house_2", [14343.116, 6316.6309, -0.01834774], -90.392303] call fnc_spawnVeh;
["MAP_LHD_house_1", [14343.191, 6316.6357, -0.010155231], -90.41671] call fnc_spawnVeh;

fnc_spawnVeh = {
	_veh = createVehicle [_this select 0, _this select 1, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	if (count _this > 2) then {
		_veh setDir (_this select 2);
		_veh setPos (_this select 1);
		_veh setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];
	};

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;
	clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;
	clearBackpackCargoGlobal _veh;

_veh addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
	_veh enableSimulation false;

_veh
};

Put this in your mission.sqf in the dayz_server.pbo, it will spawn an aircraft carrier to the right of Solnichy, try snap building on there.