[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Remove this from player_build.sqf

// if ghost preview available use that instead
	if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};

Is there a way to make this an option for while snapping? just like how it shows the current status of snap, or auto versus manual?

cant hold back my SAFT anymore ( sry ~ german )

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

=/?=

F_KEY = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","if ((_this select 1) == 33) then { DZE_F = true; }"];

its working for me and idk why it should be wrong? i hate to increase the size of my mission file, when its not needed.
tell me when and why it shouldnt work. im happy, if i can learn more about the whole scripting misc. thx

When it says "Create and add new compiles.sqf file (you can reuse an old one if you already have it) and add this toinit.sqf file:"

What does it mean "create and add new compiles.sqf file" Does it mean add text to the init file or? (sorry total noob here)

When it says "Create and add new compiles.sqf file (you can reuse an old one if you already have it) and add this toinit.sqf file:"

What does it mean "create and add new compiles.sqf file" Does it mean add text to the init file or? (sorry total noob here)

In your Mission folder/.pbo do you have a compiles.sqf ?

If so you can add the code to that existing one if not copy the compiles.sqf from dayz_code init file, and use that to add your custom compiles in.

or you can create a new custom compile just for this mod.  see my example from My init file.

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";   //Compile custom compiles

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles2.sqf";   //Snap Pro Build

MegaZ

Fantastic work, Raymix. If you don't mind, I have a quick question: Is it possible to change the "F" key for this mod to something else?

About 10 years ago almost all of my clan switch from WASD controls to ESDF controls. This gave us more keys around our movement keys to which we could bind special functions. It also makes it easier for our hands to autolocate correctly since it matches the correct typing finger position, and the F-key has a little raised bump on it which makes it easy for your index finger to settle on to the correct key (this is the same reason that the J-key also has a raised bump on it)

So if you can point me in the direction of how I would modify this mod to work with another key (G key? Or H key? Or anything except the ESDF keys), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Fantastic work, Raymix. If you don't mind, I have a quick question: Is it possible to change the "F" key for this mod to something else?

Hey, bud, yes you can. 

in dayzspaceinterrupt sqf file simply change hex code, that's all. You can leave rest of naming as it is, engine won't care

you can find all hex codes for keys (or DIK codes) here

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

You might want to rename tutorial part (where it says F key) in snap_build sqf file as well for lols

edit: you can also map user6 in game's keybinds to any key you want, it will also work, in case you prefer not to mess with files

how about my idea?

u dont have to use the whole custom dayzspaceinterrupt sqf file and its easy to change it to another key i think...

in theory whole thing could be put in a single script. However since this is part of epoch now, it is not really a big prob tbh. Just waiting on new release. Thanks ofc.

in theory whole thing could be put in a single script. However since this is part of epoch now, it is not really a big prob tbh. Just waiting on new release. Thanks ofc.

i just thought on it, because i already use it for toggle my debug monitor on my server... but instead of letting the client download the whole file again i just ignor it and use another way... so nvm

hope it rly helped.. tested it yesterday alot and found no errors

btw. GREAT SCRIPT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

Hey, bud, yes you can. 

in dayzspaceinterrupt sqf file simply change hex code, that's all. You can leave rest of naming as it is, engine won't care

you can find all hex codes for keys (or DIK codes) here

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

You might want to rename tutorial part (where it says F key) in snap_build sqf file as well for lols

edit: you can also map user6 in game's keybinds to any key you want, it will also work, in case you prefer not to mess with files

Thanks a lot for this! Works like a charm. I had looked through the code myself and found the F-key section, but I didnt understand the the DIK codes. Makes sense now. I appreciate the link to the KeyCode page.

EDIT: Sorry to double post

Just spent a day playing with this and it is fantastic. I was able to modify all the key settings (now that Raymix pointed me in the direction of the DIK codes and how to modify them). This mod is pretty solid. Thanks again for all of this hard work Raymix.

I am following your other projects as well, and I look forward to the new version of Emerald Interior Design as well as future tutorials on YouTube. Your custom loot tables tutorial was so much better than the 20 other videos about it online because you took the time to actually explain how to make them yourself instead of just downloading someone else's lists (which often enough seem to cause problems).

Has anyone had a issue with the snap points going away for already placed items? or know how to fix this issue

No, could you explain in a detail please? Also are you using other mods that might affect buildable objects?

Here is a few screens 

Snap Points not showing:

http://i.imgur.com/6AKbMw8.jpg

Snap Points Showing:

http://i.imgur.com/FEGBd97.jpg

In order to get the snap points you have to be right up close to the last placed object. and the only mod running is auto refuel/repair/rearm

edit: hold on a bit, gonna push update with range bumps and allowing players with larger bases to adjust it as well.

Update: v1.3

This update fixes all of RPT errors posted few pages ago as well as increases ranges slightly. You can now however adjust your own ranges!

Negative value will reduce range check (good for servers with large bases), simply add this to your init.sqf:

DZE_snapExtraRange = 0;

Upgrade: No additional files were added, simply copy/paste modified files from snap_pro folder.

Modders: No major changes were made to player_build, just variable defines on top (and one inbetween controls) so I don't have to use variables.sqf. Simple merge, not even important, just removes RPT errors.

About 10 years ago almost all of my clan switch from WASD controls to ESDF controls. This gave us more keys around our movement keys to which we could bind special functions. It also makes it easier for our hands to autolocate correctly since it matches the correct typing finger position, and the F-key has a little raised bump on it which makes it easy for your index finger to settle on to the correct key (this is the same reason that the J-key also has a raised bump on it)

So if you can point me in the direction of how I would modify this mod to work with another key (G key? Or H key? Or anything except the ESDF keys), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the church of ESDF, brother. ;)

Of course, now I'm having a problem myself. I have the mod installed properly I'm pretty sure, however none of the build controls work at all. Can't rotate, can't raise/lower, can't place, can't snap, can't cancel, nothing. I'm using the unmodified player_build.sqf from the github and the spaceInterrupt file likewise with a single change to the playerstats.sqf.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just derped a bracket. Works fine.

Awesome script! Have it running on my server.

Just have one slight issue, it seems that every so often there will be a small gap placed between two walls (cinder or wood) that were snapped together. Is there a fix for this?

If that's the pivot point, then yes it can be fixed, however it is easier to simply hold control and use pgUp or pgDown to fill the gap.

If gap is after object is built or after restart, it is due to limit in database (how many digits after comma). There were few topics about this around forums, so not related to snapping.

Screenshot would help ofc, it helps a lot when people reports these (even slight) issues, since I want the mod to be perfect for 1052.

Having the same problem as you

latest update fixes that

Tried adding this and im getting Waiting for server to authenticate. This is what my Rpt.file is giving me

8:37:53 Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];

_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 8:37:53   Error position: <_result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
 8:37:53   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
 8:37:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 284
 8:37:53 Error in expression <status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
 8:37:53   Error position: <== "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
 8:37:53   Error Generic error in expression
 8:37:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 286

Checked the line i havent changed anything not sure what i did to cause this issue. New to this so anyhelp is good help.