[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Not trying to bust any balls but when I put this on my server to test it when I snap Floor to a Floor the new one is 1cm higher, was it something I did or is it just the snap script? Tested on Wood Floors and Metal Floor happens with both. Was kinda funny made a big square for to test it out when and when it came time to place the last floor it was slowly gotten higher and higher then at the end it was 10cm from the 1st one to the last one.

Yup.. I did exactly this as well.. 24 panels to make a floor with a hole in middle and ended up miles from the height i stared.. damned brilliant other wise!

Yup.. I did exactly this as well.. 24 panels to make a floor with a hole in middle and ended up miles from the height i stared.. damned brilliant other wise!

It's been fixed (thanks GenCamoUGL), check out updated snappoints.hpp

Any one notice fps lose?? on the server ? Mi user complain for about 15 fps lost since the script is working

I did notice that after installing this the server was running slow after 3 hours. Our server was set to restart every 4 hours, we just changed it to 3 and works good. 

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Those helper objects are spawned locally, so that should not affect others on a server, however it could bog down performance a little for guy who is building if his/her base consists of lots of objects.

There's a good chance that many players are trying out snapping and building at a same time, I suspect it is to do with dropped object helper being synchronized across the network too often (every 0.5 sec), which is a sleep timer set default by epoch build system (under while _isOk loop). Although this should affect desync not the fps, and you know arma and it's unpredictable fps, especially if you are running AI missions etc. Worst case scenario you could increase it to 1 second and see how it goes from there.

The quick and dirty fix would be changing createVehicle to createVehicleLocal for objectHelper in player_build. Other players would not be able to see what current player is trying to build until space bar is pressed, however it should help with network issues.

IMO you shouldn't really take unexperienced player's word for it instantly, they always complain... about everything. Best thing to do is try and confirm this yourself as an admin since you probably know better what the fps should be like. Because it is easy to walk into stary or cherno with fps dropping below 30s and blaming it on an addon. For example - asking few fellow players to build something at the same time and benching your fps from there.

Thanks for heads up ebaynoob, I will add these changes to the project soon (probably tomorrow, bit busy with another project) and do a pull request to awol (yeah it's gonna be part of Epoch now 1.0.5.2). So script is open for public to edit, improve and fix as they see fit :)

Running sheeps community pack with infistar but, execpt my public var kick 0, this snapping tool isnt working.

no error messages - no visual tutorial - just the standard epoch build system - and try with no without infistar

Hey bud, make sure you are calling your custom compiles properly from init.sqf file.... also double check your compiles.sqf and make sure paths are correct.

For all of you interested in adding your own snap points, here's a video guide how to add points to any object you can think of and how to snap it to almost anything you can imagine:

In this video I am also snapping Safe to walls of barracks, as an example. Idea is: you can customize your own snap points for certain objects that could snap to some in-game buildings. Another example - if you are using custom script that lets you spawn/call player_build to let you add custom houses/buildings to game, you can also attach snap points to them to make server modding a bit easier (for example perfectly even line of houses or your own perfectly snapped bridge to skalisty).

edit: video is actually in 1440p, it's still being encoded by youtube. Done encoding.

I have done something and not sure why but now my toggle snap does not show up and the info words on bottom right will not show

however if I press F I can still drop the preview

anyone have any thoughts what I should check ??

I added this but I dont see any replaced files  or calls

I have done something and not sure why but now my toggle snap does not show up and the info words on bottom right will not show

however if I press F I can still drop the preview

anyone have any thoughts what I should check ??

I added this but I dont see any replaced files  or calls

Only objects that has snap points defined will work. If scroll menu and dynamic text does not show up, it means that class name was not found in snappoints.hpp file. To add your own custom buildings to snap check out video tutorial above. Alternatively if this is issue with normal epoch buildables, make sure that snap_building is properly precompiled in your custom compiles.

Only objects that has snap points defined will work. If scroll menu and dynamic text does not show up, it means that class name was not found in snappoints.hpp file. To add your own custom buildings to snap check out video tutorial above. Alternatively if this is issue with normal epoch buildables, make sure that snap_building is properly precompiled in your custom compiles.

found the problem   working now... thankz.......

I just changed my custom compiles but never added this to the compiles

DZE_SNAP_PRO_USE_COMMAND_MENU = false;

DZE_SNAP_BUILD_NUMKEYS = [0x02,0x03,0x04,0x05,0x06,0x07,0x08,0x09,0x0A,0x0B];

Works with 1.0.5.1/103718

Finally got around to adding this and it works nice. Encountered 1 item that doesn't bring up the option, ItemWoodWallWithDoor. I'll fix it on my end later but figured I'd mention.

Thanks for the heads up, Incar. 

Kinda weird you are using custom compiles.sqf, but calling precompile from fnSelfActions.sqf :D

Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess, nice vid, man, thank you! I'll add this to Q&A post.

Where exactly in my compiles.sqf have i to put this down :

if (!isDedicated) then {
    /* Use command menu instead of scroll menu? (default = false) */

At the top or at the bottom of this file?

There is at the top already :

//Player only
if (!isDedicated) then {

have i to replace the "if" command with yours ?

Where exactly in my compiles.sqf have i to put this down :

if (!isDedicated) then {
    /* Use command menu instead of scroll menu? (default = false) */

At the top or at the bottom of this file?

There is at the top already :

//Player only

if (!isDedicated) then {

have i to replace the "if" command with yours ?

No, you can either paste snap part below it, or you can merge code within IF statement with yours.

if (!isDedicated) then {
//your code here
//snap code here
};

I installed your snap building pro. It all works fine, but I can't upgrade my cinderblock walls :/
I deactivatet my infistar but it won't work either...

Make sure you followed guide on github properly. Sounds like you borked your self actions file (which has nothing to do with this mod).