Time Window

SkyDogs

I can't say much as a tester but I will say this.  The way the devs are handling this mod is excellent.  I may be biased but hear me out.  Every day, I see a new update has been posted.  Bug reports are taken seriously and if it is possible, the devs work (at an incredible pace) to fix bugs and implement new features.

I can't say much as a tester but I will say this.  The way the devs are handling this mod is excellent.  I may be biased but hear me out.  Every day, I see a new update has been posted.  Bug reports are taken seriously and if it is possible, the devs work (at an incredible pace) to fix bugs and implement new features.

+1, Arma 3 Epoch is the best mod i've played of any Arma game, period, some of the features already in like the way you get loot are perfect for this type of game. You guys are going to love it.

So put it out of mind then?

I now know what it felt like for the DayZ SA fanboys, while they endured months and months of waiting .

A3 Epoch gameplay just looks awesome and I literally couldn't wait for it. I'm just going to forget about it now until someone says it's released to the public.

As a lover of Arma epoch, i think arma 3 epoch will be really awesome. Assuming there is a NDA on the alpha version atm, when can i expect that to be removed if i want to promote the game, make trailer or other kinds of videos? Purely because i think its fun, and i want to support that way. (This makes it sound like im a beta tester but im not).

As a lover of Arma epoch, i think arma 3 epoch will be really awesome. Assuming there is a NDA on the alpha version atm, when can i expect that to be removed if i want to promote the game, make trailer or other kinds of videos? Purely because i think its fun, and i want to support that way. (This makes it sound like im a beta tester but im not).

It will be announced on our social media sites and here.

What is an NDA?

Ax not giving anything away again.

I'm curious, Ax. How many unique players are you expecting to download and play this mod when it's released? Roughly, you don't need to be bang on like you want to be with your release date.

Oh...Well there's footage out there already :mellow:

Yeah, I was just answering the question :)

Pretty sure I recall them saying a while ago that it's ok for testers to stream if they want....but don't remember if that applied to the closed or open part of the testing.

Oh...Well there's footage out there already :mellow:

Released by the development team, yes. Not testers.

Yeah, I was just answering the question :)

Pretty sure I recall them saying a while ago that it's ok for testers to stream if they want....but don't remember if that applied to the closed or open part of the testing.

Not ok to stream at this current time, but will be welcomed as we're nearing an open release.  Everyone will know when we release the hounds.

Released by the development team, yes. Not testers.

Not ok to stream at this current time, but will be welcomed as we're nearing an open release.  Everyone will know when we release the hounds.

Not sure who released it, it was just in game footage. It looks awesome and I can't wait. Anymore videos knocking about?

• 3 weeks later...

3059-this-guy.jpg

Shouldn't it read....."this dev team and its blind followers"

What's taking them? Breaking Point has been out ages and it's a good game, I just want a little more than survival, hence waiting for Epoch, or should that be Sleepoch, to finally release.

They have a working model now that select players have access to, but we're still no fecking closer to knowing ROUGHLY when the game will be released. 

Breaking Point is a death shooter with no content immersion whatsoever.

I think the Epoch Devs, and whoever is testing now, certainly know how "ready" the mod is and roughly when it can go public beta. The difference is they're not publicly commenting on a timeline, which is the proper way to do it.

Shouldn't it read....."this dev team and its blind followers"

What's taking them? Breaking Point has been out ages and it's a good game, I just want a little more than survival, hence waiting for Epoch, or should that be Sleepoch, to finally release.

They have a working model now that select players have access to, but we're still no fecking closer to knowing ROUGHLY when the game will be released. 

This mod is being built from the ground up. That means it's 100% new code/features/antagonists/gameplay. 

I don't think the same can be said about Breaking Point.

Also this Mod is going for first place in the MakeArmaNotWar contest,  and I have been checking out Breaking point... it is lacking lots. I mean I believe the most obvious Dup bug hasn't even been patched out yet and now the hatchet makes the player swinging have blood on the screen and spaz out. All in all a Lacking experience

I think I would prefer to wait patently for the Epoch Release as I know they have a higher build quality

For sure we need to be patient... but it is so hard! Starting to play with Arma3 Engine, coming back to Arma2 isn't possible (I can't even remember how could we played so long with, it hurt so much my eyes!). BreakingPoint is nice (due to Arma3 Engine) but it miss so many thing to make it a long lasting game.

So yes we are patient because we have no choice but we are praying everyday to get a release date.

Did not say that we are not happy about the job done by the Dev team (they are doing one of the best game ever) but we feel like kids waiting the day before Xmas and not able to sleep cause of the morning gift... :o

For sure we need to be patient... but it is so hard! Starting to play with Arma3 Engine, coming back to Arma2 isn't possible (I can't even remember how could we played so long with, it hurt so much my eyes!). BreakingPoint is nice (due to Arma3 Engine) but it miss so many thing to make it a long lasting game.

So yes we are patient because we have no choice but we are praying everyday to get a release date.

Did not say that we are not happy about the job done by the Dev team (they are doing one of the best game ever) but we feel like kids waiting the day before Xmas and not able to sleep cause of the morning gift... :o

Hehe yeah, well maybe if we are lucky we get a Christmas release :P

And to be honest we cannot compare "Epoch" and "Dayz Breakingpoint". "Epoch" for arma 3 will be a standalone mod, while on Arma 2 it was based of the Dayz mod.