Cant see any chat channels except global

xSkilledElitex

Question

Hi,

I have this problem i noticed after updating my server to 124802 and epoch 1.0.5.1 whenever some one trys chatting in side vehicle or direct the messages doesnt show up in game or in rcon or even in the logs but global chat does.

I can type and click enter but nothing shows the message.

Sending rcon messages to the server works and it logs thoose and global but not side channel vehicle channel and direct channel

The only thing I did in my configs was change required id to 124802.

If anybody can help I will be very appreciative.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

It's not a mod, no. Normally this kind of problem happens to clients when their sound drivers are disabled, could be the same thing with dedi server, too. Basically Arma direct chat relies on enabled drivers in both playback and recording tabs, but since you said it worked in previous patch and is related to a new beta patch, then I am out of ideas, sorry.

Yeah so with the new steam versions it seems if theres only 1 player on the server it doesnt send chat but if theres more then 1 it does I guess thats BITs idea of bandwidth usage saving or something.

Not entirely, if you are using BEC, that could be the one causing it. Same goes with BEC admin commands - they will only work if somebody can read your chat... so either side chat with players on or direct chat with somebody nearby (not sure about vehicle chat, didn't work for me).

Im having the TEXT CHAT ( WHITE TEXT ) Local chat, Vehicle text chat works and Global just not  local only text xhat, Issue as well 1.0.5.1 and I have BEC and Dart v2, VON is disabled, so your saying that because VON is disabled it messes up the text chat ? just to clarify ?

yeah that seems to be the trade off. Chat and voice can not be seperated

Well that is just RETARDED ! LOL.. who the hell decided,, u can cut off VON, but lets make direct txt chat tied to VON .. OMG .. hope that is resolved in 1.06 or which version they plan t release next

Oh there's more... your chat is tied to your sound card drivers.