Server broken after updating to 1.0.5.1

Inevitable Gaming

Question

So i updated to 1.0.5.1 after 10 players asked me to do it. I knew i would have to add all scripts in again and that it would take alot of time but that was a risk "worth" taking.

What i did was installing all of the scripts i had again after installing the latest patch. Now it's stuck on wait for host, something important is missing. Could be one line but i do not have a clue what's wrong. Here is my server and mission files: 

Server

Mission

I will pay for someone to fix it because i have no idea how to, i sat for 8 hours yesterday searching on google and different forums with no result.

Host: Vilayer

Contact me on skype or send me a pm if you can help!

20 answers to this question

Hi,

I've checked quickly your mission file and it seems you are using custom loot tables with the previous format (separated names & chances)

This should generate an error from loot_init.sqf in the log if I'm not wrong.

You need to post your ARMA2OASERVER.RPT file, here you can see the errors that causes the Wait For Host problem.

Action : Start server, Join the server, let it load for a while, now go back to Vilayer ControlPanel -> Services -> Log Viewer and open/view latest modified ARMA2OASERVER.RPT file.

And test every scripts one by one. Start, test, stop, next scripts, start, test, stop and so on. If you installed everything at once, the change is big that you mess up. Very important with new updates....

And did you update first to 1.0.5 ? and then to 1.0.5.1 ?  Just like Vilayer said.

( 1.0.4.2 Users: If you are updating from 1.0.4.2 please upgrade to 1.0.5 and then to 1.0.5.1. The 1.0.5 update contains the most recent database changes)

You need to post your ARMA2OASERVER.RPT file, here you can see the errors that causes the Wait For Host problem.

Action : Start server, Join the server, let it load for a while, now go back to Vilayer ControlPanel -> Services -> Log Viewer and open/view latest modified ARMA2OASERVER.RPT file.

And test every scripts one by one. Start, test, stop, next scripts, start, test, stop and so on. If you installed everything at once, the change is big that you mess up. Very important with new updates....

And did you update first to 1.0.5 ? and then to 1.0.5.1 ?  Just like Vilayer said.

( 1.0.4.2 Users: If you are updating from 1.0.4.2 please upgrade to 1.0.5 and then to 1.0.5.1. The 1.0.5 update contains the most recent database changes)

Thing is if i do this i will waste around 3 days of work when someone who knows what to do can do it in 5 hours. I used to sit for days installing scripts and in the end it didn't work out at all so all that time got wasted, then a guy did it in 1 night. That is why im asking for help here

#1 Get your mission file onto your desktop

#2 Get the new 1.0.5.1 mission file onto your desktop

#3 Copy any dayz_code custom scripts that you have in 1.0.4.2 over to the 1.0.5.1 mission file

#4 Using Winmerge merge in your custom changes to those scripts 1 by 1

Nothings really changed in init.sqf, mission.sqm or description.ext, but most dayz_code/compiles fn_selfactions etc have, hope this helps

#1 Get your mission file onto your desktop

#2 Get the new 1.0.5.1 mission file onto your desktop

#3 Copy any dayz_code custom scripts that you have in 1.0.4.2 over to the 1.0.5.1 mission file

#4 Using Winmerge merge in your custom changes to those scripts 1 by 1

Nothings really changed in init.sqf, mission.sqm or description.ext, but most dayz_code/compiles fn_selfactions etc have, hope this helps

I have tried all this and it didnt work that is why i need help to do it

my most common problem for the Wait for Host hang has been problems with server_traders file or trader related glitches in the DB. if your using custom traders or added trader menu options to an existing trader (ie have made any updates to the server_traders.sqf) then try replacing it with a vanilla server_traders.sqf and see if it fixes the problem. that would mean theres something wrong with the edits you made. if that dosnt fix it then this is not your problem.

if you made changes to the DB to add overwatch guns, make sure you didnt double up any " or [ or whatever. any double up brackets or extra quotation marks can cause problems. but most of the time you can still login it will just break the traders menu.

why is this script in the very tippy top of your descriptionext?

#include "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_rsct_include.h"

ive had alot of problems putting any script in the very top of descext and having it not break stuff

also your loottable is old! try using icomrades 1.0.5.x table from the overpoch loot table thread https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34006668/Configs.zip

if you use it you only need to include CfgBuildingLoot.hpp in your descext file and not all you loot hpp files like you have, as icomrade has them included in the first file or so.

can you post an RPT?

my most common problem for the Wait for Host hang has been problems with server_traders file or trader related glitches in the DB. if your using custom traders or added trader menu options to an existing trader (ie have made any updates to the server_traders.sqf) then try replacing it with a vanilla server_traders.sqf and see if it fixes the problem. that would mean theres something wrong with the edits you made. if that dosnt fix it then this is not your problem.

if you made changes to the DB to add overwatch guns, make sure you didnt double up any " or [ or whatever. any double up brackets or extra quotation marks can cause problems. but most of the time you can still login it will just break the traders menu.

why is this script in the very tippy top of your descriptionext?

#include "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_rsct_include.h"

ive had alot of problems putting any script in the very top of descext and having it not break stuff

also your loottable is old! try using icomrades 1.0.5.x table from the overpoch loot table thread https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34006668/Configs.zip

if you use it you only need to include CfgBuildingLoot.hpp in your descext file and not all you loot hpp files like you have, as icomrade has them included in the first file or so.

can you post an RPT?

I have no idea of anything and that is the reason why im asking for someone to do all this for me! I know nothing of coding and that is my problem here. I am very thankful for all the suggestions but still that is not why i posted this, i need someone to help me doing this for me. And i will pay!

id love to say give me your money and ill garuntee helping you. but i started from scratch too. my suggestions are suggestions cause im not sure its definately the problem. 

i could be right about some thing but maybe not, and i dont wanna jockey you around.

for instance your loot looks wrong, but im not sure if that would cause your problem, or if it would just make the loot not load at all. so cant troubleshoot anything really, just guesswork.

sorry i cant help you like that. arma2 scripting is a fickle mistress

id love to say give me your money and ill garuntee helping you. but i started from scratch too. my suggestions are suggestions cause im not sure its definately the problem. 

i could be right about some thing but maybe not, and i dont wanna jockey you around.

for instance your loot looks wrong, but im not sure if that would cause your problem, or if it would just make the loot not load at all. so cant troubleshoot anything really, just guesswork.

sorry i cant help you like that. arma2 scripting is a fickle mistress

"but i started from scratch too." So did i, worked around 8 hours/day for 2 weeks to get all the scripts installed with help from many on this forum. I know now that it was a big waste of time, the work i did in 2 weeks another guy did in 2 days. That is why im asking for help. I don't have 8 hours/day now

"but i started from scratch too." So did i, worked around 8 hours/day for 2 weeks to get all the scripts installed with help from many on this forum. I know now that it was a big waste of time, the work i did in 2 weeks another guy did in 2 days. That is why im asking for help. I don't have 8 hours/day now

thats pretty bad. i can now set up a overpoch server in less than 2 hrs pretty easily after having had practice for a month of two. im not bragging im just starting to wonder what people thing they are getting into with this when i see so many people on here not willing to even take the time to watch a youtube video guide and follow the instructions. maybe im off base and maybe you have and tried, constant backups are you friend, also log every ammendment you make the the original file in a seperate txt file, this will help you track your problems as they happen and also help you moreorless memorize the comandline and alot more.

i dont get why if some of you out there are will to just pay to have a setup server, you dont just pay for special acces to an existing server. dosnt seem like you want to learn how to work the server, you just want top shelf placement when the server is running. this can happen on other ppls servers for a donation im sure. i have seen many servers with donator perks.

again, sorry if im way off base, but i just dont get why people cant watch youtube vids and follow instructions. this being said thats not always the answer but ill be damned if some here just dont even both it seems, theres no way adding addons and installing a new server can take even 8 hours, even doing it all. thats just ridiculous. even if you watch every youtube vid tutorial and do stuff step by step cant possible take that long

With respect should you be hosting a server without having looked at how difficult it can be for a newcomer?

it's taken me a looong time to reach where I am now & that aint far ;)

Spend a few weeks here & you'll be fine.

Good luck.

With respect should you be hosting a server without having looked at how difficult it can be for a newcomer?

it's taken me a looong time to reach where I am now & that aint far ;)

Spend a few weeks here & you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Please read the thread before posting man, i had the server up for 2 months with 30+ scripts installed.

So i updated to 1.0.5.1 after 10 players asked me to do it. I knew i would have to add all scripts in again and that it would take alot of time but that was a risk "worth" taking.

What i did was installing all of the scripts i had again after installing the latest patch. Now it's stuck on wait for host, something important is missing. Could be one line but i do not have a clue what's wrong. Here is my server and mission files: 

Server

Mission

I will pay for someone to fix it because i have no idea how to, i sat for 8 hours yesterday searching on google and different forums with no result.

Host: Vilayer

Contact me on skype or send me a pm if you can help!

have you had any luck getting your server up ??

I had isses for 3 days trying to get custom overpoch loot working but finally got it.

I would bet that was your problem the new custom loot structure. 

No no luck at all...

in init.sqf add
DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

in description.ext ADD only 
#include "custom\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"
under
enableItemsDropping=0;

#include "custom\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e8bdubuvgowwkso/AACvMecDjXp0ya4AZdRmL6JIa

you "may" need to  MAY need too I had to but ive been told I should'nt had needed too

copy your loot_init.sqf and change its call path in variables

//init global arrays for Loot Chances
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\loot_init.sqf";