Less zombie loot with 1.0.5.1

I agree, the loot tables need adjusting.  I spent an hour wondering around the map looking inside buildings and barracks, thinking the server was broken because in some buildings and barracks and I wouldn't even find an empty whisky bottle lol

In general with the last 5 or 6 Epoch patches I've found there to be more & more loot in general, with untouched loot tables. Feels further and further away from the Mod in terms of having to struggle to gear up and actually feeling the need to shoot a stranger because they may have something you desperately need. With masses of loot, everyone can get everything they need fairly quick, reducing the longevity. I'm not talking "spend a day looking for beans", but it shouldn't be a case of finding a KSVK in a firestation, 18 golds worth of energy drinks and a large gunbag before getting to any barracks or airfield, all on day one of 1.0.4.2. I remember feeling how easy it seemed.

Not played much 1.0.5.1 yet though.

Yup, I have less zombie loot too. Find even building loot seems a bit more rare now too, had to make percentages a bit higher then I had with 1042. However I don't mind zombie loot being more rare, going for a hard survival aspect on my server with an increase in zeds, so lower rates for them adds to what I want to accomplish.

In general with the last 5 or 6 Epoch patches I've found there to be more & more loot in general, with untouched loot tables. Feels further and further away from the Mod in terms of having to struggle to gear up and actually feeling the need to shoot a stranger because they may have something you desperately need. With masses of loot, everyone can get everything they need fairly quick, reducing the longevity. I'm not talking "spend a day looking for beans", but it shouldn't be a case of finding a KSVK in a firestation, 18 golds worth of energy drinks and a large gunbag before getting to any barracks or airfield, all on day one of 1.0.4.2. I remember feeling how easy it seemed.

Not played much 1.0.5.1 yet though.

Well then, you should be happy with 1.0.5.1 then. :)

The "You can buy whatever you need" logic appears flawed when the loot shortage across the board is the concern.

If loot as a whole is less then there is not as much to sell in order to acquire gold.

I for one think there is way too much loot.  My favorite time in DayZ was when Vanilla bugged for the second time and was spawning no food or drink.  That was a Hunt or Die situation and survival was actually part of the game.

I'm with the guys that like the lowered loot, It was getting far to easy in the last version...I might have to lower the Hotwire chances though... my very first zombie loot a Hotwire... 5 mins later another lol.. just how lucky can a guy get...map, axe, food drink... erm no... but I can now steal all your cars:)

I think there is way too much loot in both vehicles and buildings, or was prior to the update, if only they would change trader prices to prevent hoarding of weapons etc from barracks to buy everything else. But i suppose that each server has the ability to customize these prices.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI in case anyone is wondering how to increase the zombie look look at zombie_generate.sqf found in dayz_epoch.pbo/compiles/ 

the line here is modified to have a 50% chance of loot.  It is default to 0.2 I believe.  Increase to a higher value <1 for more loot:

if (_rnd < 0.5) then {

You can buy whatever you need from the Traders if you're really desperate to gear up, so I'm not sure I totally get your logic wangtangnoodle.  

Depends on the server. Some servers don't auto restock the traders and to buy something someone would have had to have sold it. 

I agree with some people here that less loot is nice but it seems the majority of loot I find anywhere is cans of pop and food. Never made sense to me that food is so common. Food should be more rare than weapons, ammo tools etc in my opinion. It would encourage more players to occupy themselves by hunting, fishing and searching for water.

So, I do like less loot too but more varied than just common food and rare items. In a real survival situation the food would be the first thing to fly off the shelves.

I haven't found any loot on any zombie since new Epoch patch.  I've been playing Overpoch mostly though so I'm not sure if that would make a difference anyways.  The server I'm playing on doesn't have combo locks at trader so.. >_>

I'm with the guys that like the lowered loot, It was getting far to easy in the last version...I might have to lower the Hotwire chances though... my very first zombie loot a Hotwire... 5 mins later another lol.. just how lucky can a guy get...map, axe, food drink... erm no... but I can now steal all your cars:)

I have only found one hotwire kit in the entire time I've been playing Epoch.. and I never even used it lol.

I haven't found any loot on any zombie since new Epoch patch.  I've been playing Overpoch mostly though so I'm not sure if that would make a difference anyways.  The server I'm playing on doesn't have combo locks at trader so.. >_>

I have only found one hotwire kit in the entire time I've been playing Epoch.. and I never even used it lol.

I have found exactly two. I had hopped on a PVE server to learn the NAPF map before tooling around in the "Danger Zone". Sure enough found my first one, an hour later found my second. D'OH!

Ahh but I am a sad old git that plays this game incessantly...for example 14 hours Sunday alone:) bound to find a bit of loot in that time! in the last 5ish weeks I've not died once to humans or zombies.. only once to AI cos I was stupid!.. my biggest killer.. ARMA :( The player called GliTch is a bitch:)