[Outdated] [release] 1.0.6 - Deploy Anything 2.8.2 - Now with Epoch building! | Customizable: DB saving | Plot | Vehicles/Buildings | Packing

mudzereli

Schwede pointed out to me in this thread

Apparently there is this bit in the code

if (!(_index call getDeployableSimulation)) then {
            _tmpbuilt enableSimulation false;
        };

The enableSimulation false; disables the bike riding.. Could just remove that block Im guessing or edit it.. above my knowledege but I'll play with it.

Just a simply check to see if its really the enableSimulation, we can simply put a little systemchat text in it:

systemChat "bike enableSimulation false;";
};

This way we can surely see if the bike has this command on it and if so, see if its not able to move. Should be that the case, well then we have our source for the problem  ;)

Someone can test this and tell the results :)

Thanks for the reply guys:)

I am testing the suggested fix

if (!(_index call getDeployableSimulation) && !(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "AllVehicles")) then {
};

Also I was wondering if anyone knew how to change biulding the bike in 3 steps to 1 or instant build?

Ive been looking in the code but I cant find that section...

Thanks for the reply guys:)

I am testing the suggested fix

if (!(_index call getDeployableSimulation) && !(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "AllVehicles")) then {

};

Also I was wondering if anyone knew how to change biulding the bike in 3 steps to 1 or instant build?

Ive been looking in the code but I cant find that section...

you mean you want to remove the players ability to move the bike and position it before deploying it?  And get rid of the animation? Just right click on the toolbox and click deploy bike and bam done?

Ya, just deploy instantly if possible instead of having to go through all the 3 step animation wich takes foreever...

btw the testing seems to be going well ... All players so far are able to ride the bike...but its only been 3 hours ,ill keep updating on how it goes:)

I dont think he's talking about the animation loops, I think hes' talking about how when you deploy the bike it appears in front of you, then you need to press spacebar, then it starts the animation loop and builds the bike. In which case you'd need to find a new deploy bike script and use that instead of the one built into here. You can use the one I posted back a page. Simply right click on the toolbox, deploy bike, and it builds.

Instead of adding that snippet of text to test the issue. I just blocked out that bit of code. I dont see how it will help me at all with the scripts I use. The only thing I can think of its purpose is for the config option so not everyone can repack it or something. Anyways the incidents are too random to wait and see if thats the issue just by adding that bit of text. I'll just remove that function and see if people still have the problem

Fun Fact

This

//### BEGIN MODIFIED CODE: player deploy
        /*if (!(_index call getDeployableSimulation)) then {
        };*/
        _tmpbuilt setVariable ["ObjectUID", "1", true];
        //### END MODIFIED CODE: player deploy

breaks everything

Just a simply check to see if its really the enableSimulation, we can simply put a little systemchat text in it:

systemChat "bike enableSimulation false;";
};

This way we can surely see if the bike has this command on it and if so, see if its not able to move. Should be that the case, well then we have our source for the problem  ;)

Someone can test this and tell the results :)

i have test this and no message is sent, the problem for bikes not moving is REALLY random, it never happened to me when i used the script, so it is really hard to pin point why, plus players never had patience to send Client RPT logs.

Edit:ive had reports back then that some players used to just keep packing and unpacking until it worked. if it helps.

ok so maybe i've got something:

seems like the vehicle is first created at [0,0,0] and gets attached right after that to the player. This could cause the problem, so to get this a bit better try the following and tell the results

in player_deploy search for:

_dir = 0;

and remove it, it just sets the vehicle straight north

then search for:

_dir = getDir player;

and remove it, we will add another one a bit earlier, so there is no need for two _dir

search for:

_location = [0,0,0];

and replace it with:

_dir = getdir player;
_location = getPos player;
_location = [(_location select 0)+8*sin(_dir),(_location select 1)+8*cos(_dir),0]; //maybe adjust the hight? [x,y,z(0)]

this will create the vehicle right in front of the player and in his same direction, maybe change the 0 for the hight for a better look 

,0]; 

Test it and wait for the results :)

just to clarify i did the bike one time. And the message didnt pop up.

not sure if u meant to keep doing it until bike doesnt work, if you did, cant test it because that never happened to me but it did to players on the server.

so the message poped up when they deployed their bike and it could NOT move?

so the message poped up when they deployed their bike and it could NOT move?

No just tested once on a server that i setup just to test this, just me no other players.

Tested once, message did not poped up.

ill be doing the changes u suggested, ill report when i got something, thx

No just tested once on a server that i setup just to test this, just me no other players.

Tested once, message did not poped up.

ill be doing the changes u suggested, ill report when i got something, thx

The message would only appear IF it was invoking the enablesimulation false.. and that would mean you were unable to ride the bike. If you were able to ride the bike the message wouldn't appear.

Thats the problem, this issue is so random and you can't recreate it. I personally never had the problem myself which is why at first I thought it was somehow antihack related. But that didn't make sense because this didnt effect every other player only some players. I did end up commenting out that section and so far I haven't heard anything either way. BUT my server is still pretty low population and I might just not have enough people on to properly test this.

well #10 on GT and still pretty low population, well then my server is completly dead then :D

Lets just hope some of the stuff i post will fix this problem, otherwise why not simply use another script to deploy the goddamn bike and use this for everything else?

well #10 on GT and still pretty low population, well then my server is completly dead then :D

Lets just hope some of the stuff i post will fix this problem, otherwise why not simply use another script to deploy the goddamn bike and use this for everything else?

Thats my overwatch server bud ;)

This mod is for my overpoch server #378 on Overpoch. Actually still a really depressingly high number for a server that has like 5 active players. This mod is dying too fast.

Anyways, bike spawns facing the wrong direction :P works other than that

ok so maybe i've got something:

seems like the vehicle is first created at [0,0,0] and gets attached right after that to the player. This could cause the problem, so to get this a bit better try the following and tell the results

in player_deploy search for:

_dir = 0;

and remove it, it just sets the vehicle straight north

then search for:

_dir = getDir player;

and remove it, we will add another one a bit earlier, so there is no need for two _dir

search for:

_location = [0,0,0];

and replace it with:

_dir = getdir player;
_location = getPos player;
_location = [(_location select 0)+8*sin(_dir),(_location select 1)+8*cos(_dir),0]; //maybe adjust the hight? [x,y,z(0)]

this will create the vehicle right in front of the player and in his same direction, maybe change the 0 for the hight for a better look 

,0]; 

Test it and wait for the results :)

Ok ya the other suggested fix is not working ..

Trying this one now

I really appreciate all the help guys, thanks so much :)

Ok ya the other suggested fix is not working ..

Trying this one now

I really appreciate all the help guys, thanks so much :)

It wasn't a suggested fix it was an indicator to see if thats what was causing the issue. If someone deployed a bike and was unable to ride it, the message would hopefully have popped up and that would have told you what was causing the issue.

Are you sure?

it's pretty simple:

directly after _dir= getdir player;

add

_dir = _dir + 180;

Or any other number which fits.

isn't there an option where you can change the directioN with hotkeys?

(No code command because I'm on mobile)

yea its just a bit more of a pain in the ass to have to turn it haha I'll show you a picture because it's not quite 180 degrees.  Maybe 90?

wGDixll.jpg