Accepted Keys problem

brokenshadows

Question

So, i've spent the past couple of days wandering around various forums, trying to find instructions on installing an Epoch server for my son and i to play on.  After numerous forum posts claiming to have the easiest instructions, and various youtube videos claiming the same (none of which were easy), i was beating my head against the various walls, trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong.  "It can't be that difficult...you've set up numerous game servers before", i thought.

Then i found this site, and the which turned out to be the easiest, and most straight forward one i've found yet.  So, i completely deleted all the work i'd done previously, as well as my Arma2/Dayz installs, wanting to start completely from scratch.

I followed the directions exactly, double checking after each step, and everything seemed to be going swimmingly.  Then, after trying to connect to the server i just finished setting up, i get the following:

epoch_error.png

I found a post saying the bikey file needed updated, and even though i downloaded all the files from the previously mentioned forum post, i went ahead and downloaded it again, and copied the file over.  The error remains...

17 answers to this question

here's the contents of my server bat file

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Ah, thats the problem. Do you have downloaded the dayz epoch client files (1.0.5.1)? If not, download them, place them in your arma 2 OA folder, open steam --> right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead --> properties --> set launch options --> paste this in it: -mod=@DayZ_Epoch; and you should be fine.

Double-Checked to make sure i was.  First, i get the "Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'" message, then after the game loads, i get "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.ilsPosition'.", and when i try to connect, i get the "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus" error.

...and just to be absolutely certain, the top of my game window says "ArmA 2 OA "ArmA2OA.exe" -window -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;"

Hmm...so, i poked around a bit and noticed that my Arma2OA common folder didn't have any files starting with "Chernarus"My Arma2 addons folder did have it, as well as a bunch of the same files, so i copied the contents of my arma2 addons folder into my arma2 OA common folder.

Now, when starting the game, i get "Addon 'CAMisc_fix_Str' requires addon 'CAStructuresHouse_A_Office01'".  Once the game loads, i get "No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'.", however, it DOES let me get through to the mission menu...  After that, i get "Cannot load texture ca\characters2\usmc\data\forcerecon_gear_co.paa.", and then it kicks me back out to the server selection screen...

My server console then goes absolutely crazy, streaming through a list of i'm not sure what...but it mentions vehiclesand silver bars, and backpacks, and that's all i could catch...it's still going, and it's too fast to read :P

I'll wait until it's done, and try connecting again...

EDIT "Cannot open object ca\wheeled2\lada\lada.p3d"...clicking continue looks like it's going to load, but then i get Authetication Timeout.  Trying again gets me a new "You cannot play/edit" error...this time  for ca_communityconfigurationproject_e_editor_addedallweaponslotsinfantryvariants...and then another Auth Timeout

Hopefully, i've given enough information...i tried to think of everything that might be needed, and copy everything down as exactly as i could.  If anybody else has any suggestions, i'd be ever so grateful.  i'm stuck...

EDIT:  i'm not sure if this will fix it, because i've already started the server install from scratch again, but while i was verifying my game cache files in steam, i noticed that A2:OA had an option in the beta tab to use 1.62, instead of 1.63.  After switching to 1.62, and launching the game, the internet game list actually populates.  It hadn't before now, but i didn't give it any thought since i was either trying to connect to mine via LAN, or another server via DC....

i'll update again after i get through the server reinstall

EDIT2: *sigh* i'm so confused right now.  It says i'm using 1.62 client, but it won't let me connect to 1.62 servers...however, it lets me connect to 1.63 servers...ugh

*sigh*, no good.  i reinstalled the server from scratch again, and although i'm not getting the original error, but i'm getting numerous "No Entry" errors, "Cannot open object" errors, and "authentication timeout" every time i try to connect...  i even went so far as to copy over every pbo, and bisign file i could find, starting with the arma2 folder, then the a2:oa folder, over to the epoch server addons folder...just for grins and giggles.  still can't get into my own server...

A2 will be loading expansions internally.

Try this:

Run Arma2: OA vanilla, click the Expansions tab in the menu, uncheck @DayZ Mod, restart A2OA, close A2OA.

Load the game the way you tried before with the mod line -mod=@DayZ_Epoch, if your using DayzCommander you don't need a mod line in the Launch Params as it add's the mod line for you.

For whatever reasons mod's get ticked in the expansions tab so A2 always loads them and anything in your -mod line it loads afterwards.

it wouldn't let me uncheck the mods in the expansions tab. 

i am currently starting over from scratch...again.  there's got to be something i'm missing, either a step i missed, or a file that didn't overwrite properly...something.  i see lots of 1.8.0.3/112555 servers listed in commander, so i know it's possible...it's just making me feel pretty stupid right now :wacko:

Well...i started over from scratch for either the 4th or 5th time...and it works.  As far as i can tell, i did everything exactly the same, each and every time...so i have no idea what i was doing wrong...

Thanks for trying to help!  It was a learning experience, if nothing else...

BI is going to let their game go to shit and lean on the possiblity that Arma 3 and DZSA will cover their loss of Arma 2 / OA sales.

Best of luck BI. DZSA public servers have been up and down like a cheap hooker.  Rocket is leaving.  you have shit on the hands that feed you.

Since the change over to Steam (POS) its been a royal pain in the ass: to get on a server, find a server, get your client stable.  YES you can do it but easy = more $ and they have know about the change over for quite some time.  

Anyways off my BI sucks soap box. carry on.