125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

Actually it is. If he is taking donations, we expect him to stay up to date, or stop offering commander. I expect dayz commander to stay up to date 

with the current build at all times. Now we are dealing with almost 2 weeks after the update. I say its time to get moving.

Actually it is not. He is under no obligation to maintain anything. He's not under contract. That's the whole "donation"  idea. You can expect whatever you like, doesn't mean he is under any obligation.

Even if he never ever ever updates, he deserves past and future donations for his work provided up until now. Thousands of people enjoyed his work on a day to day basis.

Any donations that you people made to him probably helped pay for his expenses for one month. I made a donation to the Epoch team many months ago, but if they stopped development today, I wouldn't rant and cry and say I donated so they have to keep making it. If you were a chief investor in his resources and you were spending $100 a month on a dedicated server for him, I could see you being upset, but if you donated once, don't cry and just use the other launcher. It now has favorites. :)

I guess he is just in trouble with one problem:

As you can see DayZ Commander loads up every server that messages to Gamespay means beta <=112555

DayzLauncher load up every server using beta > 112555 (125402+)

I guess Dotjosh tries hardly to  get them both loading in, I just wonder why he just offers a completely new one to us or adds the decission for this versions on startup

I guess he is just in trouble with one problem:

As you can see DayZ Commander loads up every server that messages to Gamespay means beta <=112555

DayzLauncher load up every server using beta > 112555 (125402+)

I guess Dotjosh tries hardly to  get them both loading in, I just wonder why he just offers a completely new one to us or adds the decission for this versions on startup

I'm not 100% positive what you mean by this but to be clear DayzLauncher is not made by dotjosh and was made as a replacement in case dotjosh didn't update DayZ Commander. Also BetterDeadThanZed his expenses for running DayZ Commander were his choice, he chose to host the mods himself instead of using torrents. I'm sure he has the technical ability to integrate torrent downloading into DayZ Commander which would lead to better download speeds and no expenses for him. (Please correct me if I'm wrong to assume using torrents would be free as noone is hosting the files/paying bandwidth fees)

Actually it is not. He is under no obligation to maintain anything. He's not under contract. That's the whole "donation"  idea. You can expect whatever you like, doesn't mean he is under any obligation.

Even if he never ever ever updates, he deserves past and future donations for his work provided up until now. Thousands of people enjoyed his work on a day to day basis.

Well no Insert , hes under no legal obligation at all. I donated because I loved what he did, I expected, like in every update for him to be on top of things, like he always has been. So yes when you provide an expectation of quality, and you accept donations, and then drop the ball, then sorry, you may not be legally obligated, but morally is quite another thing. Or just give up, and pass it to someone else who knows what they are doing. No harm.

In this context, I don't think there should be any expectations when it comes to a donation. It's not like you're purchasing a warranty from the guy, it's meant to be an appreciation for the work that's been done. It would have been ethically questionable if DZC came out last month and he was soliciting donations, but it's been around for a long time now. The only thing I don't agree with is the total silence. If he doesn't want to update, that's cool, just post it somewhere so people know.

Agrees ^^

I've banned donators before now, we make it clear donations are exactly that & whilst appreciated they don't buy any crying rights of any kind.

Clearly he's abandoned the project & something needs to be done to rectify, I see nothing constructive here other than the macca launcher, why is everyone sitting around with thumbs up asses waiting for what?

I've ploughed countless hours into my server & have some fantastic players/builders come through, hell some bases are 9 months old, without a resolution the mod will die as players move to other games etc, I don't want to shut her down but another month of this & what will be the point of running & paying for a server?

Small servers should not be punished because of this fark up, the #1 slots have only remained populated because they refuse to update, the more I think about this whole mess the more I think it's all a conspiracy of some kind lol.

Either way if nothing is done soon the worse it will get & that will be a tremendous shame.

Even if Josh decided to update any time soon, he sadly has proven to be unreliable and really should not be relied upon again. I'm not saying DZC should never be used again when fixed, but at least it should be managed by a few if he is not willing to go public.

Right now we need a launcher that works out of the box and doesn't need manual changes. I am reserved about the maca one simply because it's not open source (even seems like a one man job) and when he decides the hell with it we would be in the same mess as we are now, apart from that the launcher is shaping up really nice and is what i am recommending to the few players we've got on our server.

I've only signed up here a short while ago, so i don't know anything about the history between maca and the owners here, and frankly, i don't care. But you guys should sort it out, cause the potential of his launcher seems great and really could help the whole community move on and get past this nonsense. All we really need is a decent working launcher and a few popular youtubers and we should be able to.

Agrees ^^

I've banned donators before now, we make it clear donations are exactly that & whilst appreciated they don't buy any crying rights of any kind.

Clearly he's abandoned the project & something needs to be done to rectify, I see nothing constructive here other than the macca launcher, why is everyone sitting around with thumbs up asses waiting for what?

I've ploughed countless hours into my server & have some fantastic players/builders come through, hell some bases are 9 months old, without a resolution the mod will die as players move to other games etc, I don't want to shut her down but another month of this & what will be the point of running & paying for a server?

Small servers should not be punished because of this fark up, the #1 slots have only remained populated because they refuse to update, the more I think about this whole mess the more I think it's all a conspiracy of some kind lol.

Either way if nothing is done soon the worse it will get & that will be a tremendous shame.

Update your signature if your server isn't down.

If you are using steam change it to the steam query port that you have in your config.cfg

Hey guys, I hear a lot of talk about maca's launcher. What is the best one currently out? I know there are a good 8 or more out there right now and I am jumping ship on commander entirely. I just want the best one for now; I don't mind installing a different one down the line (I have no idea why people refuse to do that).

All servers running the steam versions (125548), my test server appeared almost immediately after starting it up and joining it. Plus I highly doubt 1,000 servers registered with him individually. Also I'm pretty sure these programs just use the list generated by the reporting IPs in our config.cfg files.