Epoch Supply Crates?

rocky123xo

Hi guys, I've been using Epoch for awhile now and just recently on my server I ran across a supply crate. A rectangular box just sitting in the middle of a field. I'm assuming this is an Epoch supply crate, but I have no option to access it or it's gear. I don't know if this is a bug or something that is even part of Epoch. Hopefully someone can clarify for me. Thanks!

So has anyone else found one with building supplies around it any time recently? I find them but I don't care as much about the vehicle ammo as I do about Sledgehammers, cinderblocks, and such.

the black supply crates you destroy and remove for vehicle ammo only come with vehicle ammo. You can find building supplies in some servers mission crates and tools like sledges spawn only in farms and on worker zombies.

http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Sledgehammer

the black supply crates you destroy and remove for vehicle ammo only come with vehicle ammo. You can find building supplies in some servers mission crates and tools like sledges spawn only in farms and on worker zombies.

http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Sledgehammer

This is not true unless something changed.... they ALWAYS had other supplies and in the past had orange supply drop crates that the stuff spawned around. Even after they changed to the black crates you could find building supplies around them, including sledgehammers to break open the black crates. ;)

This is not true unless something changed.... they ALWAYS had other supplies and in the past had orange supply drop crates that the stuff spawned around. Even after they changed to the black crates you could find building supplies around them, including sledgehammers to break open the black crates. ;)

sorry to mislead then. I guess i'll stop passing right by them, I stopped cracking them open once I had enough vehicle ammo. I probably missed out on tons of good loot :(

sorry to mislead then. I guess i'll stop passing right by them, I stopped cracking them open once I had enough vehicle ammo. I probably missed out on tons of good loot :(

Nope, cracking them only gives you vehicle ammo. However, when you found one there would typically be some supplies around it. Usually these were building supplies but I think it also had backpacks. I remember the old orange crate spawns having backpacks. 

I know for at least one version after they had switched to the black crates that offered ammo, which is when they also set vehicles to not spawn with ammo, there were still building supplies around the black boxes and then breaking open the boxes would spawn ammo. Lately though, I have not seen anything around the boxes. Even 10 minutes into a server restart when I was the only person around. 

Some part of me thinks some cleanup script is removing them after a few minutes but the other part of me wonders if it isn't broken at the root and they just don't spawn.

• 2 weeks later...

On my server since 1.0.5.1 the loot has been spawing in one pile at the supply drops just like the heli crashes. You can see lumber, plywood packs sticking out of the crate. When you break and deconstruct the crate there is access to the pile, but it is difficult to pick up.