Recommend a server provider

roachyuk

Ok so we have been with a couple of server providers and we have had problems ie server going down for long period of time with one provider ..and i mean it has been 3 weekends on the run and there support is no existent.

The other provider the support was amazing but had other problems and did not get much access to all files.

I dont want to name names but would like to see what providers people are using whether its someone else  or the same as who i am with or tried in case its just bad luck on my part....

I want to be able to setup a overpoch server if thats any help thanks guys

I recommened renting a dedicated box. Xeon E3 should be fine, but you have to setup everything on your own.

I also recommened not renting any server. There are 4000 Epoch servers right now and the player base is decresing. You will probably just waste money. As I said: just my recommendation.

@vbawol: Somthing is wrong with that link. It adds a %C2%A0 at the end of the URL.

Vert Hosting all the way!! I couldn't sing their praises more. Access to all the files, excellent support both for helpfulness and response times.

Some dedi/enterprise options available as an upgrade path if you want to hold off making that step right now.

I had a terrible time before with another provider who took 3 weeks to answer high priority tickets and even then just told me to switch all my scripts off and purge all my objects....very helpful!! You can PM me if you want their name as I don't want to get into a public muckfight.

Now I am curious:

On what hardware is a Vert server running? And is it a dedi box or a virtual machine?

I asked a few months back. Not sure how many they host on a box, but I've never had an issue with lag.

Vert Hosting Support: Most nodes are E3-1245v2s, 16GB of RAM and dual 1TB HDDs in RAID 1
Vert Hosting Support: Our newer nodes are running E5-1620v2s
Vert Hosting Support: Some of our much older nodes run dual L5520s, but most have been upgraded to E3 or greater Xeons

I also agree with Vert. I've been with many hosters and they are great. No complaints of lag on my servers, fast support, access to everything.

Can't be that there is no lag on a server with at least 40 people online. Never seen that with Epoch. Thats just how it is. That has just something to do with the whole amount of content due basebuilding, but if Logan is right, its a decent rig they offer.

How open are they? Do you have access to the whole database and the entire Arma folder? Yes, I mean the entire Arma folder.

Can't be that there is no lag on a server with at least 40 people online. Never seen that with Epoch. Thats just how it is. That has just something to do with the whole amount of content due basebuilding, but if Logan is right, its a decent rig they offer.

How open are they? Do you have access to the whole database and the entire Arma folder? Yes, I mean the entire Arma folder.

I've had 38 people on my Napf server at one point and I was still getting 40-55 fps with around maybe 3-4k objects in my object_data. No complaints of lag either. And no not entirely. No access to batch (They edited it for me) and no access to the HiveExt.dll, apart from that everything else they give access to.

I've had 38 people on my Napf server at one point and I was still getting 40-55 fps with around maybe 3-4k objects in my object_data. No complaints of lag either. And no not entirely. No access to batch (They edited it for me) and no access to the HiveExt.dll, apart from that everything else they give access to.

40-55 Server FPS with almost 40 people? No way!

Imagine that. What people could do with a full server and still 40 FPS on the server.

And no, I am not talking about client FPS. Client FPS was never a big issue.

Hi Logan, out of interest, did you mean your local client FPS or is that your server fps from #monitor?