[HOW-TO] New Steam-Only Arma Update

Brockie

Question

Guys you really need to update your arma version this weekend.  June 30 is final gamespy shutdown,  and Battleye will not protect older versions after june 30th.   You are urged to upgrade to the new steam version (125548).

This guide is designed for private server hosting with access to all files, epoch 1.0.5.1 installed, with the steam version of Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA.

To do so: 

step 1:  go to your operation arrowhead folder

step 2:  delete the all the exe files (ArmA2OA, arma2oaserver, ArmA2OA_BE)  if you don't have ArmA2OA_BE skip it.

step 3: go into your Expansion\ folder

step 4: delete the beta\ folder and all it's contents.  If you don't have a beta folder, skip it.

step 5:  go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> beta -> Choose your version.  Opt-out (stable) Opt-In (beta)  1.62- (older version)

step 6: wait for game to switch to versions

step 7:  go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of the game.

step 8: wait for game to verify and then launch arma 2 oa from steam library.  check to see if you have the new version in the bottom right corner.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

For a point of reference... when I launch my arma OA.. at the main menu I see:

- 3 pictures in the bottom-left corner: first one is Dayz Epoch, next one is Arma 2, next one is Arma Arrowhead.

- In the bottom-right corner it says version 1.63.125548 and beneath that it says 1.0.5.1

- In the top-right corner, under the dayz epoch picture it says Dayz Epoch 1.0.5.1.

If you got all that it should work on newly updated servers, like mine.  If you are missing any of that try clicking the expansion button and activate them.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SERVER OWNERS EXTRA STEPS:  

Step 9: Copy the entire contents of your Arma 2 & Arma 2 OA folder into your server folder.  This should update your server to new version. 

STEAM VERSION EXTRA STEPS:

Step 10:  Change your launchers .exe paths: Expansion\beta\arma2OAserver.exe (delete the red part.  steam version uses exe in the main folder, not the expansion\beta folder.)   

Step 11:  In your config.cfg add two lines at the very top:

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

Step 12:  add port forwarding to these ports.

Step 13:  In your config.cfg update your requiredBuild = 125548;

Step 14:  In your config.cfg.. right below your requiredBuild add this line:

requiredSecureId = 2;

Notes:

- Keep the old gamespyreportingIP= in the configs.

- Keep your old port forwarding.

- Keep the -port=2302 in the launchers.

If you have any problems feel free to pm me.

WARNING A LOT OF EPOCH CUSTOM SCRIPTING DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY ON NEW VERSION. RECOMMENDED: FRESH SERVER INSTALL AND ADD SCRIPTS 1 BY 1.

With steam,  it has new steamID.  I'm not 100% sure but it looks like I have a new GUID also.  When players connect to the database it will create a whole new player to the database with the new steamID.  In the database it will keep the old entries with playerUID and create all new entires with steamIDs.  This may, or may not cause DB issues/loading issues.  Not sure.  All players will start with a new, fresh character... kills reset, humanity reset, plot poles will need not recognize you as owner, etc...  I'm guessing all the player bans need to be updated, and I doubt that is even possible, so server admins need to find there own ways to deal with these problems.  So we need to be extra vigilant against hackers.  My information tells me that Dayz commander will not work after the gamespy shutdown unless we are very lucky, so I am recommending this update to all server admins.

Hi,

1 Day ago, I set my port to 2301 on DayZ Commander so it showed online. But today, It shows offline for everyone who wants to connect and I can only connect to it locally. Here is an image of my port forward:

8fb2e874dd2201f3681198f765f83bad.png

I have disabled my windows firewall and my anti virus is ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS 7. Which does not intefere with my firewall or block ports. I used "ipconfig" to find out my ipv4 and it is all correct. This is a weird problem.

Thanks.

Hey people.  Sorry I never use commander so I'm not really up to date with that sort of information.

It very well could be that commander wants you to use specific ports.  

I would try this:

i try to use some other steam ports. in this thread on the second page i find this: 

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

and it works!

or steamqueryport =27016; maybe?

2300 + 2301 were suggested by vbawol but that was LONG BEFORE THE COMMANDER UPDATE

this is most likely the problem so mess around with ports if at all possible and please report any success

nope chaning to 2303 didnt do anything

Edit: Trying now the default ports

EDIT2: Still offline with 

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

Update:

Tho I never use commander today I've been asking and I found out some of my players use it to join.  So I decided to try myself.

I found my server on commander and in version all it said was 1.63.125548 and it didn't say anything about epoch.

So I went to dayz commander settings, made sure the steam crap was unchecked, and manually added -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;

Joined no problem.

Here is my config.cfg:

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;
hostName = "CTC Epoch Cut-throat Corner Chernarus (1.0.5.1/125548) 100% Updated";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "redacted";
maxPlayers = 50;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 1;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    	template = "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus";
    	difficulty="veteran";
    };

};

My server has been running for about a month.  In this time it has been running stable. 

Perhaps the problem that folks are having is that it might take a lot of time before your server gets authenticated by steam.  

Here is my advice...  Use 5 ports per server example 2300-2305 or 2400-2405 or whatever the hell you want.  Make sure you have set up the port forwarding if this is a LAN server.  And then run your server for a long time so it can get authenticated ASAP.  

ports 2302-2305 is what I used before the steam update, and I just added 2300 and 2301 and it seems fine.

It is a shame that there are so many question unanswered from developers to this topic! They do whatever they want to do - but do not inform us. It is the same with the Standalone...

The Steamport Stuff should be on the very top of your config file...

It is a shame that there are so many question unanswered from developers to this topic! They do whatever they want to do - but do not inform us. It is the same with the Standalone...

The Steamport Stuff should be on the very top of your config file...

Well, the company that set up mine put it below max players, that shouldn't be the issue?

has anyone got their Dedicated server set up and working ? 

as i'm having issues, when connecting to mine I get the following message: 

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayZ_epoch,
glt_m300t,pook_h13,csj_gyroc,jetskiyanahuiaddon" 

I've rebuilt the server from scratch so there's no files missing AFAIK.

any ideas?

Thanks

(let me know if you want me to create a new thread) 

has anyone got their Dedicated server set up and working ? 

as i'm having issues, when connecting to mine I get the following message: 

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayZ_epoch,
glt_m300t,pook_h13,csj_gyroc,jetskiyanahuiaddon" 

I've rebuilt the server from scratch so there's no files missing AFAIK.

any ideas?

Thanks

(let me know if you want me to create a new thread) 

I had the same problem and its DZC fault it dose not recognize the dayz mod type and is not loading epoch mod . I've Fixit by changing mi server name to  ----> server name (v1.0.5.1|betaVersion. And then wait for dzc to update your server ( a few hours )

)

I had the same problem and its DZC fault it dose not recognize the dayz mod type and is not loading epoch mod . I've Fixit by changing mi server name to  ----> server name (v1.0.5.1|betaVersion. And then wait for dzc to update your server ( a few hours )

)

Thanks - that worked! 

however since adding the new steam ports to the config file I get Authentication timeout every time I log on to the server.

(plus my ping is 40!) this is a dedicated server set up on my own pc shouldn't the ping be 0 ? 

So close yet so far :P 

anyone else eoncountered this problem ?

Thanks - that worked! 

however since adding the new steam ports to the config file I get Authentication timeout every time I log on to the server.

(plus my ping is 40!) this is a dedicated server set up on my own pc shouldn't the ping be 0 ? 

So close yet so far :P

anyone else eoncountered this problem ?

When I join my server I get the same authentication timeout, as well as those who join and have the new player id's assigned by steam and the 125548 build. But players with 112555 seem to be able to join and they have the orignal player uid's and im just really confused cause everyone is on different versions. In my config.cfg for my server it says (1.0.5.1/125548) cause i set it to that but it comes up at 100000ping in DZC and does not show up at all in DayZ Launcher even though its online.

When I join my server I get the same authentication timeout, as well as those who join and have the new player id's assigned by steam and the 125548 build. But players with 112555 seem to be able to join and they have the orignal player uid's and im just really confused cause everyone is on different versions. In my config.cfg for my server it says (1.0.5.1/125548) cause i set it to that but it comes up at 100000ping in DZC and does not show up at all in DayZ Launcher even though its online.

Yesterday mine decided to work - I think its due to DayZ commander trying to look for your server. Mine's only a temporary but works 100% - now going to implement the scripts. 

I'm using build 125548 and server name includes :  (1.0.5.1/125548) 

What i'd suggest you do is keep the server on as long as you can and within a day or two it should load fine. 

Hey guys, thanks for the help with this how-to. 1 problem I am having is this:

During server setup on a localhost computer, I get the error:

Addon 'sauerland' requires Addon 'Chernarus'

The issue here is, although I would prefer to run sauerland, this is not what I am trying to start up. I'm starting up the Napf and Chernarus maps 1 at a time, not both at the same time. Both start up saying that error message, and then pop up the server console window stating only this:.

4:54:58 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.192)

4:54:58 Host identity created.
 4:58:15 Phoenix13 uses modified data file
 4:58:15 BattlEye Server: Player #0 Phoenix13 (:) connected
 4:58:15 Player Phoenix13 connecting.
 4:58:15 Mission DayZ Epoch Napf read from directory.
 4:58:16 BattlEye Server: Player #0 Phoenix13 - GUID: (unverified)
 4:58:16 Player Phoenix13 connected (id=).
 4:58:16 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID () of player #0 Phoenix13
 4:58:17 Player Phoenix13 disconnected.
 4:58:17 BattlEye Server: Player #0 Phoenix13 disconnected
 4:58:17 All users disconnected, waiting for users.
 4:58:39 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...
 4:58:39 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.193)

Once it finally hits this point, I'm having the issue of files not matching. Not sure if this is a simple fix or not, but I'm doing my own research and testing outside of this forum. But I have this screenshot to show you what it does when I attempt to connect. Bear in mind, this is by far the furthest I have gotten yet.

post-18602-0-66197000-1406797373_thumb.p

Ok so quick update. Same still happening on my napf server running localhost. However, I was just able to connect to a napf overpoch server using dayz commander after reinstalling @dayz directly through steam. going to test in a minute if that is the same issue i had with the localhost server. Will update you guys in a few after running a few trials.

Um, so yeah... Figured I would post my update on the trials I was running. If anyone is having the issues I was having, simply follow this simple trick:

1) Uninstall Arma II, Arma II OA, and @DayZ entirely.

2) Once completed, reinstall ALL 3 using Steam. (Arma II, Arma II OA, AND DayZ Mod)

3) Open Arma II and Arma II OA completely to the main menu, and exit out.

4) Make sure Arma II OA is up-to-date to the latest Beta inside Steam (Library > Arma II OA > Right Click > Properties > Betas > update Beta to the "beta -" and let install)

5) Follow the server setups that you normally would (Copy Arma II, Arma II OA to a new folder)

My one mistake was that I did NOT copy the Arma II files over. That's apparently where I was getting the "Addon 'sauerland' requires Addon 'Chernarus'" error when starting up the server. Simple as that. I'm now able to join my private server, and add scripts. Wish I had been paying more attention.

I have followed this to the letter and this is what I'm getting:

RPT has the following errors and I DID start with CLEAN mission and server file with the intent of rebuilding from scratch.  In addition the client gets "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application.  You cannot play on this server.  If you are the server admin please contact DayZ Epoch staff. I dont think I missed anything but for the life of me I can't get this running.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

server_hiveReadWriteLar>
 7:12:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _resultarray
 7:12:43 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 166
 7:12:43 Error in expression <y call server_hiveReadWrite;
_outcome = _result select 0;
if(_outcome == "PASS")>
 7:12:43   Error position: <_result select 0;
if(_outcome == "PASS")>
 7:12:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
 7:12:43 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf, line 39
 7:12:54 Error in expression <ray = call compile format ["%1",_data];
_resultArray
};

server_hiveReadWriteLar>
 7:12:54   Error position: <_resultArray

I am having this exact same issue.  Anyone know what could be causing this?  I get the files for my server directly from steam, and the client files from dayz commander/ and the torrent link on the epochmod.com site, and I still get the same result.  

I can connect to the DB locally and remotely; tested 

Has anyone else had this issue recently?  

~Noob

Hey, i know this post is a bit outdated,

but i have some trouble with dayz commander, normally i set the steam ports like this:

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport         =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

but here in the how to there are set to 2300 and 2301, where is the diffrent ?

Could anyone tell me what is wrong here? Server won't show up in dayz commander, but my panthera will and i dont know why. Configs are identical except the name and steamport/steanqueryport.

hostName = "EXAMPLE (1.0.5.1/125548)";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "changeme";
maxPlayers = 50;
steamport = 5000;
steamqueryport = 27032;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Overpoch NAPF","Welcome to Overpoch NAPF!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 10;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 1;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    template = "DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf";
    difficulty="veteran";
    };

};

I run my new Epoch Server on my Linux-Root and i have also all necessary ports open and its set to 2300 and 2301.

But I can't find my Server only if I connect with the Remote-Function of the in-game Server Browser.

I can't find it neater with DAYZ-Launcher, nor in the normal in-game Server Browser (with filter) and even gametracker.com can't find the Server.

I checked the opened PORTS and the steam ports (2300 & 2301) are unused