[HOW-TO] New Steam-Only Arma Update

Brockie

Question

Guys you really need to update your arma version this weekend.  June 30 is final gamespy shutdown,  and Battleye will not protect older versions after june 30th.   You are urged to upgrade to the new steam version (125548).

This guide is designed for private server hosting with access to all files, epoch 1.0.5.1 installed, with the steam version of Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA.

To do so: 

step 1:  go to your operation arrowhead folder

step 2:  delete the all the exe files (ArmA2OA, arma2oaserver, ArmA2OA_BE)  if you don't have ArmA2OA_BE skip it.

step 3: go into your Expansion\ folder

step 4: delete the beta\ folder and all it's contents.  If you don't have a beta folder, skip it.

step 5:  go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> beta -> Choose your version.  Opt-out (stable) Opt-In (beta)  1.62- (older version)

step 6: wait for game to switch to versions

step 7:  go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of the game.

step 8: wait for game to verify and then launch arma 2 oa from steam library.  check to see if you have the new version in the bottom right corner.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

For a point of reference... when I launch my arma OA.. at the main menu I see:

- 3 pictures in the bottom-left corner: first one is Dayz Epoch, next one is Arma 2, next one is Arma Arrowhead.

- In the bottom-right corner it says version 1.63.125548 and beneath that it says 1.0.5.1

- In the top-right corner, under the dayz epoch picture it says Dayz Epoch 1.0.5.1.

If you got all that it should work on newly updated servers, like mine.  If you are missing any of that try clicking the expansion button and activate them.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SERVER OWNERS EXTRA STEPS:  

Step 9: Copy the entire contents of your Arma 2 & Arma 2 OA folder into your server folder.  This should update your server to new version. 

STEAM VERSION EXTRA STEPS:

Step 10:  Change your launchers .exe paths: Expansion\beta\arma2OAserver.exe (delete the red part.  steam version uses exe in the main folder, not the expansion\beta folder.)   

Step 11:  In your config.cfg add two lines at the very top:

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

Step 12:  add port forwarding to these ports.

Step 13:  In your config.cfg update your requiredBuild = 125548;

Step 14:  In your config.cfg.. right below your requiredBuild add this line:

requiredSecureId = 2;

Notes:

- Keep the old gamespyreportingIP= in the configs.

- Keep your old port forwarding.

- Keep the -port=2302 in the launchers.

If you have any problems feel free to pm me.

WARNING A LOT OF EPOCH CUSTOM SCRIPTING DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY ON NEW VERSION. RECOMMENDED: FRESH SERVER INSTALL AND ADD SCRIPTS 1 BY 1.

With steam,  it has new steamID.  I'm not 100% sure but it looks like I have a new GUID also.  When players connect to the database it will create a whole new player to the database with the new steamID.  In the database it will keep the old entries with playerUID and create all new entires with steamIDs.  This may, or may not cause DB issues/loading issues.  Not sure.  All players will start with a new, fresh character... kills reset, humanity reset, plot poles will need not recognize you as owner, etc...  I'm guessing all the player bans need to be updated, and I doubt that is even possible, so server admins need to find there own ways to deal with these problems.  So we need to be extra vigilant against hackers.  My information tells me that Dayz commander will not work after the gamespy shutdown unless we are very lucky, so I am recommending this update to all server admins.

go to your main menu of arma 2 OA and have a look at what the versions are etc.

whats the error?

=====================================================================

== D:\DayZ Server\arma2oaserver.exe

== "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Server;"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2014/07/01 06:51:24

Current time: 2014/07/01 07:19:48

Version 1.63.125548

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C06D007E at 74A5C42D

Version 1.63.125548

Fault address: 74A5C42D 01:0000B42D C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

file:

world:

Prev. code bytes: 0C EB 03 89 45 C0 8D 45 B0 50 FF 15 5C 11 A5 74

Fault code bytes: C9 C2 10 00 CC CC CC CC CC 8B FF 55 8B EC 56 8B

Registers:

EAX:009FF484 EBX:00000000

ECX:00000001 EDX:00000000

ESI:0198EFB4 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:74A5C42D

SS:ESP:002B:009FF484 EBP:009FF4D4

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00000216

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file instance_11_Chernarus\arma2oaserver.mdmp

I replaced all the new files from the game directory over to the server folder.

Main menu shows 1.63.125548

Edit: I'm a moron. Forgot to add the steam.dll files.

Edited by bFe

On my test server which runs on port 3333 I have these as the ports in config.cfg

steamport = 3331;
steamqueryport = 3332;

All necessary ports are forwarded in the firewall tcp/udp etc but no dice with Steam server browser, or does that not show DayZ Epoch?

Server shows fine in MP browser in game.

Thanks MGT.

I have 2301/2 in my config. Had to change to +1 on gametracker to get that working again.

MP lobby is fine but steam server lobby is acting very odd....

Firstly, the drop downs for game filter only have arma2oa demo and on refresh the list is empty. Second, if I enter ip into favourites the name appears for a few seconds then goes again and just shows the ip number and the status as offline. Third, when a friend is in, it's listed as online in the friends tab so fine there. Fourth, looks like we're all going to have to drastically shorten our hostnames which will be quite a drag, especially for us young upstart servers, slowly climbing the ladder of popularity.

Still, am out and about today so can't get to much and server's running fine apart from 1 error with playerhit.sqf so my next job will be to hit up steam for help.

Unless anyone can see anything obvious I'm doing wrong....?

After update, cinderwalls do not save to the database, only cinderwalls.

can someone please help !

Got this error in HiveEXT

0:13:19 HiveExt(0): [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:11:CinderWallHalf_DZ:0::[82.1628,[1473,11217.8,0.551361]]:[]:[]:0:14730112178682:|

using plot for life?  it doesn't work.

BTW I want to say THANK YOU! to everyone for helping me simplify this guide!  

Now with less steps... :wub:

Plot for Life v1.1 - Does not work with the SteamID.

Plot for Life v2 - Works with the SteamID - Released 2nd July 2014 :D.

Only took a few mins to get my Overpoch server updated after the new DayZCommander update tonight.  instead of copying the entire contents of the Default folder to the Server folder (step 5), I only copied over the files that changed (the *.exe files and the new BattlEye files)...   All my scripts worked just fine other than the ones that depend on PlayerUID's.  Probably the easiest update I've done so far, usually I have to readd all my scripts one at a time.   Be sure you copy the BE *.dll files to your instance_X_Mapname / BattlEye folder...

I just get the 1.63.112555 Version over Steam. I cant find the 1.63.125548

How is that please?

You can do one of these:

1. Download DayzCommander, go to Install/Update and get the Arma 2 update there

Or do this:

1. Go to your Steam library, right click on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and select Properties.

2. Select the "Updates" tab and choose "Always keep this game up to date". If the option to Opt into betas is checked, uncheck it.
3. Go to the "Local files" tab and select "Verify integrity of game cache". This will ensure you have the latest files, in case you never updated after using Dayz Commander for the updates.

Hello I've Followed the tutorial and my server is up and runing . But is not showing on Dayz Commander ( But its listed on dayz Launcher ) Any one nows how to fix this ?

Wait and be patient. Your server will appear on DZC eventually, took mine 4 hours.

Hi,

I followed this tutorial and everything is working, my only problem is when I add my server to my favourites within DayZ Commander it does not display as online. I have opened inbound / outbound ports 2300, 2301 & 2302. (TCP / UCP)

But I still seem to be finding my self offline, If I want to I can connect to the server by typing 127.0.0.1:2302 while in game using the remote system. Is there a way round this?

Thanks.

I followed this guide after the commander update aswell, but my server shows on steam but not commander

Edit: Working now had to add the server to commander using the it's steam query port

You can add your server to DayZ Commander, manually, using the steamqueryport. For example, if your server is at ip/port 100.123.4.57:2302 and your steamqueryport is 2301, add on DayZ Commander the server 100.123.4.57:2301 (yes, 2301).

steamqueryport is set on server config.cfg, as the main post guide told us to do.

goatservers, why not a new post for this important info? You made a edit and most persons missed it. And, for sure, thankyou!

Also, Steam needs to classificate your servers first, so let it on and, i believe, Steam will classificate it as Epoch after some time and put the 1.0.5.1 version on it.

If you try to join the server without this classification, it will think it is a Arma 2 OA server, and not a Arma 2 OA Epoch server.

Well, many things go down with this shit. Why nobody has taken GameSpy over... :)

Also my server shows in the Multiplayer Server Menu Version Dayz Epoch 1.0.5 and not 1.0.5.1 - i dont know where this is coming from.

And btw - use DayZ Launcher. Better then Commander for now!

Guys, above is the answer to make the server show on DayZ Commander. The server port in now the steamqueryport that is set in config.cfg:

steamqueryport = 2301;
This is, 2301 on the main post guide.

goatservers, why not a new post for this important info? You made a edit and most persons missed it. And, for sure, thankyou!

Also, Steam needs to classificate your servers first, so let it on and, i believe, Steam will classificate it as Epoch after some time and put the 1.0.5.1 version on it.

If you try to join the server without this classification, it will think it is a Arma 2 OA server, and not a Arma 2 OA Epoch server.

Hi,

You say steamqueryport = 2301; but the tutorial says steamqueryport = 2301; so this is already in my config.cfg I don't understand your fix. Do you mean we should change "-port=2302" to "-port=2301" in our run.bat?

Because if so it does not make sense, I can see servers on my DayZ Commander that have the 2302 port.

Thanks.