safe is empty after restart if you open it

glowpowner

Question

Before restart

[[["ItemKnife","ItemToolbox","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar","ItemMachete","ItemFishingPole","ItemHatchet","ItemMatchbox_DZE","M9SD","Mk_48_DZ","MP5SD"],[4,3,4,2,1,1,5,1,1,2,1]],[["MortarBucket","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","PartGlass","ItemAVE","10Rnd_762x54_SVD","100Rnd_762x54_PK","ItemORP","ItemMorphine","PartVRotor","ItemLRK","ItemJerrycanEmpty","ItemTNK","fuel_pump_kit","ItemFuelBarrelEmpty","PartWheel","ItemWaterbottle","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","ItemAntibiotic","10Rnd_9x39_SP5_VSS","29Rnd_30mm_AGS30","ItemJerrycan","5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","ItemEpinephrine","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","20Rnd_B_765x17_Ball","ItemSandbag","ItemPainkiller","20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","workbench_kit","30Rnd_9x19_MP5","ItemLightBulb","FoodCanPasta","5Rnd_762x51_M24","30m_plot_kit","ItemMixOil","200Rnd_556x45_M249","ItemBandage"],[3,25,5,3,17,10,1,14,1,1,1,2,1,2,4,2,2,4,2,1,1,26,13,1,3,15,17,2,4,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2]],[[],[]]]

After restart

[[["ItemKnife","ItemToolbox","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar","ItemMachete","ItemFishingPole","ItemHatchet","ItemMatchbox_DZE","M9SD","Mk_48_DZ","MP5SD"],[4,3,4,2,1,1,5,1,1,2,1]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]

LastUpdated: 2014-07-03 05:59:43

Items were removed at 2014-07-04 06:30:00 (on this restart)

I maybe have to up my logging to get anything useful.

I just accessed the safe and put gear in it... then locked it... the lastUpdated isn't updating nor is the gear in it.

Derp I was looking at the dump I restored... it is updating hrm.

The only thing I know for sure is it wipes either all weapon slots or all mag slots. It happens on restarts. Two of this guys safes were unlocked about 30mins before restart and not locked before the server restarted. Hive logging is now on trace and I'll keep trying to duplicate the problem myself.

Same.  I told my players to sign up here and start posting the issue too.  

I play on servers as admin/non-admin and it never has happened to me.... but I have a least 20 players bitching at me at any given time that normally wouldn't make a big deal about anything.

Just curious. Why *intentory* ? That's not even a word in the dictionary.. lol. It's probably good, but just weird....

Server_monitor.sqf:

if (count _intentory > 0) then {
    if (_type in DZE_LockedStorage) then {
     // Fill variables with loot
     _object setVariable ["WeaponCargo", (_intentory select 0),true];
     _object setVariable ["MagazineCargo", (_intentory select 1),true];
     _object setVariable ["BackpackCargo", (_intentory select 2),true];

was just playing on a server last night that had this issue. the admin fixed it during a reboot cycle, so a fix has to be out there somewhere. i know this is not much help but figured id share what i knew, however little it is.

Yeah, I put in another issue, hopefully vbawol doesn't write it off again, lol. 

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1422

Assuming you guys did update all your files (https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/commit/726e4e0c223b7bf10d27b95a8113987cedde3d39)

I am in the same boat.  I can't reproduce it but I think it's finally being acknowledged as a problem.

I'm at work at the moment, but i think a player said that the Safes are now working correctly, not sure though,.

I have a auto servermessage about the safe bug, this is a copy from my server chat console, he answered a couple of seconds later.

I asked them yesterday to put something in it and take a look a after restart:

11:00:01 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #0: (Global) Safes are bugged, do not use them! save your gear in a vehicle and lock it!

11:00:16 BattlEye Server: (Side) Kxxs: they are fixed

11:00:22 BattlEye Server: (Side) Kxxs: we have tested

I believe he answered that message.....

* I added "true" (that was missing) to the "LockedStorage"section in the server_monitor just like in the vbawol github.

Copy Server_monitor.sqf:

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

if (_type in DZE_LockedStorage) then {

// Fill variables with loot

_object setVariable ["WeaponCargo", (_intentory select 0),true];

_object setVariable ["MagazineCargo", (_intentory select 1),true];

_object setVariable ["BackpackCargo", (_intentory select 2),true];

Have to test it myself later today.